OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I was refuting the record aspect of your post. The 5-2 referenced.

If you want to talk about Darnold, he doesn’t have McCarthy breathing down his neck for playing time (added pressure) and he’s got the biggest safety blanket in the league at wide receiver.

This year has been wonky to start. I mean, Derek Carr has the highest passer rating and QBR…
Every year since preseason was reduced has had wonky starts.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Every year since preseason was reduced has had wonky starts.

It's been like that even before the number of preseason games was reduced. Injury fears kept teams from playing their starters (star players at least) so that extra game was just another scrubs vs scrubs preseason game.

For me, it's seemed like the season didn't really start until week 4 or so. That's when the teams finally all seemed to be on the same page.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's been like that even before the number of preseason games was reduced. Injury fears kept teams from playing their starters (star players at least) so that extra game was just another scrubs vs scrubs preseason game.

For me, it's seemed like the season didn't really start until week 4 or so. That's when the teams finally all seemed to be on the same page.
Back when teams played 4-5 pre-season games, usually the 3rd game, the starters would play through the 1st series of the 3rd quarter. They'd sit the last every time., but usually only a game of rust in the regular season then, and things were good by week 2.

Reactions: MuckOG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad