OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - Heeeeeeressss JJ! (Percy Harvin Edition)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Haha thank you!

Driving from Québec
We are used to rain and cold....lol

Tickets are around 100USD each. Should we wait closer to the game to buy?

$100 isn't a bad price. If it was me and I had a trip like that I'd buy them just for the piece of mind of having them.

I'd advise booking the hotel ahead of time. It doesn't have to be today, but Green Bay usually has a youth hockey tournament that weekend and there just isn't a lot of hotels in Green Bay.

cedouimet

Aug 3, 2005
$100 isn't a bad price. If it was me and I had a trip like that I'd buy them just for the piece of mind of having them.

I'd advise booking the hotel ahead of time. It doesn't have to be today, but Green Bay usually has a youth hockey tournament that weekend and there just isn't a lot of hotels in Green Bay.

Thank you for the advice!

We already booked hotels/airbnb for packers 28th and vikings on 1st.

With the schedule coing out today we will probably go to à wild game also!

Will keep an eye on the prices thank you i appreciate your help!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Thank you for the advice!

We already booked hotels/airbnb for packers 28th and vikings on 1st.

With the schedule coing out today we will probably go to à wild game also!

Will keep an eye on the prices thank you i appreciate your help!

You're welcome.

If you have time the tour of Lambeau is really neat. I've only been on it in the offseason, so I don't know if it's offered during the season close to gameday.

The gameday tailgating is a big part of the Packers experience. There is some parking in the stadium lots, I think that needs to be gotten ahead of time. I usually just payed to park in peoples lawns.

Just as a general FYI. It will be deer season in WI (an unofficial state holiday) so the deer will be moving more than normal, so keep on the lookout for that while driving. You'll see dead deer strapped down on vehicles while driving and blaze orange everywhere.

I'm only saying this because when we moved back to WI and my kid first saw this and asked why "Bambi was sleeping in the back of that truck?" Come up with a better answer than Bambi isn't sleeping, he's dead. His head will probably get mounted on the way (very nice rack), his hide makes good gloves, and he tastes yummy. Let me just say it's not fun trying to drive with a crying kid, and the wife beating you with a flip flop she somehow summoned out of thin air.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
1720287146790.png

Wabit

May 23, 2016
NBA doing NBA things. A 6 team trade with players, cash. and picks in the 2031 draft.

GR2XmfkbYAAZKoa

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
When I see these stories I get so angry. His freaking teammate was just killed by a drunk driver a little over a week ago!
I completely get where you're coming from and, for all we know, grief may be why he was drinking. Alcoholism isn't rational. I hope he gets the help he needs so nobody gets hurt.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Drinking and driving in the off season is a story as old as the hills for NFL players. My two thoughts after reading the story were;

1- White Rolls Royce

2- Just hire a driver/minder, dumbass.

Reactions: BagHead

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I completely get where you're coming from and, for all we know, grief may be why he was drinking. Alcoholism isn't rational. I hope he gets the help he needs so nobody gets hurt.
Agree 100% with the latter sentence, disagree 100% with the first statement. Drunks gonna drink. Grief had nothing to do with it, and, most importantly, driving after drinking. I would think that Khyree Jackson's family would be disgusted by this incident, let alone the suggestion that it was somehow because Addison was upset about him. It was, after all, a drunk driver who killed their son(and others).

Hope this is a big wakeup call for Addison.

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Drinking and driving in the off season is a story as old as the hills for NFL players. My two thoughts after reading the story were;

1- White Rolls Royce

2- Just hire a driver/minder, dumbass.

Agree on both points. I get that he can choose how to spend his money, but if I were advising him, I would recommend against buying a Rolls-Royce on his rookie contract. Purchases like these are why so many athletes end up broke after they retire.

And, yeah, use Uber if you are going for a night out on the town and expect to have a few drinks.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Agree 100% with the latter sentence, disagree 100% with the first statement. Drunks gonna drink. Grief had nothing to do with it, and, most importantly, driving after drinking. I would think that Khyree Jackson's family would be disgusted by this incident, let alone the suggestion that it was somehow because JJ was upset about him. It was, after all, a drunk driver who killed their son(and others).

Hope this is a big wakeup call for JJ.
I stand by alcoholism not being rational. Addison may be drinking continuously, or he may have been triggered by something. We don't know, but what I do know from experience is that all kinds of stuff can trigger a relapse, and other times it happens with no obvious trigger at all.

I wouldn't begrudge Jackson's family for being disgusted by it, I would be too.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I stand by alcoholism not being rational. Addison may be drinking continuously, or he may have been triggered by something. We don't know, but what I do know from experience is that all kinds of stuff can trigger a relapse, and other times it happens with no obvious trigger at all.

I wouldn't begrudge Jackson's family for being disgusted by it, I would be too.
Big subject, and one that I am not unfamiliar with.

For some reason i read Jefferson rather than Addison... should i feel bad that I feel relieved. Also, Addison, a White RR? Really?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Big subject, and one that I am not unfamiliar with.

For some reason i read Jefferson rather than Addison... should i feel bad that I feel relieved. Also, Addison, a White RR? Really?
It is a big subject, for sure. To address it properly would require more time, energy, and typing than probably either of us want to dedicate.

Regarding the bolded: Ehhh. Not really. My leading theory is that everyone is self-serving, even while being altruistic. People donate their time or money because helping others makes them feel good. You having relief over your personal stake in something being mostly safe is natural.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Nadal is playing in the Swedish Open, a half hour drive from here. He just barely made it to the semi finals. In the first round he met Leo Borg, the son of Björn Borg.
What do you you think of his chances at the Olympics? I'm rooting for him!
He played at the Swedish Open as a 17 yo kid and now he's 38. Time flies, I remember it as if it was yesterday. He hasn't played here since 2005, when he won it for first time at his third try.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Nadal is playing in the Swedish Open, a half hour drive from here. He just barely made it to the semi finals. In the first round he met Leo Borg, the son of Björn Borg.
He played at the Swedish Open as a 17 yo kid and now he's 38. Time flies, I remember it as if it was yesterday. He hasn't played here since 2005, when he won it for first time at his third try.
Man, that guy's still playing? And apparently ranked 1st? The more things change, the more the stay the same, I see. I got really into mens tennis back 20 years ago, for a bit. My favorite was Federer, but I always enjoyed Djokovic (also still playing at a high level? WTF?) and Nadal, too.

Sorta feels like we got to experience 3 Gordie Howe's all at the same time.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Man, that guy's still playing? And apparently ranked 1st? The more things change, the more the stay the same, I see. I got really into mens tennis back 20 years ago, for a bit. My favorite was Federer, but I always enjoyed Djokovic (also still playing at a high level? WTF?) and Nadal, too.

Sorta feels like we got to experience 3 Gordie Howe's all at the same time.
No, I believe he's a wild card. He's just ranked 224 due to injuries. I love a real come back story, and he is a sweet, humble guy. The Swedish crowd is really rooting for him, even in his match against Björn Borg's son.
Björn Borg is one of Sweden's greatest sport legends ever, so that's HUGE.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
GOAT, for me. The battles he and McEnroe had were legendary- completely different personalities and games.

• Love
Reactions: Sweetnut

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That was a fun 2 games series for the Brewers/Twins. Pitching duel in the 1st game (wouldn't believe it looking at the boxscore). G2 was back and forth HR fest.

I will say I don't like the blue uniforms The Twins wore in G1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad