Value of: Nolan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Dubas isn't trading a #1C signed longterm for 4.5M who had a shooting % dip. IF he was going to trade Kadri, it would have been last season when his value was sky high.

You are delusional if you think Kadri is a 1C, actually is that you Nazeem? Now I know you are not a TML because Kadri had one of his worst years in about 3-4. Yes it was because he was hurt, concussion but it’s time for us to move on from Kadri. Getting a 20 year old C who put up 30 points and was coming off hernia surgery the year before is not easy. Kid has unlimited upside and who knows what he will be but we have nobody in our system who has his potential and I will take that.

Plus itis a way for us to get younger, kid plays sheltered minutes and can be signed long term for around the same. We basically get a jail free card by having a kid in the final year if his ELC. Plus gives us the cap space to sign Johnsson, Kap and Marner hopefully.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It took MacKinnon a while to figure it out. Now he’s one of the best. I don’t expect Patrick to be Mac but it shows patience pays off. Keep him. He will be a 1c.

Uh, what?

MacKinnon
13-14
82 games, 24-39-63 Calder Trophy
7 playoff games, 2-8-10

14-15
64 games, 14-24-38

He had a bit of a fall back his second season but he wasn't helped by getting injured. He bounced back the next season with 53 points in 72 games to return to a 60 point pace.

That's a far way off the production we're talking about here.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Why are you trading Kadri for a bust? Kadri is untouchable.

Fans really like throwing the term bust around . Patrick has taken a step forward this year . I find it especial funny when TML throw around bust out of one side of their mouths yet going on about their can't miss prospects when they are 22 and never even sniffed the NHL . Now we get to here how Kadri is a 1C . Just laughable . Just one question to the fan who posted that . How are you signing all your UFA with out moving some cap . 75.5 million committed to next year . Cap is not going to 83 million more likely 82 million but for argument sakes let leave it at 83 . thats 7.5 million to sign Marner , replace Gardiner , sign Kapanen and Johnsson . Even if both Kapanen and Johnsson took bridge deals at 2 million each leaving 3.5 million left to replace Gardiner and sign Marner .

Dumbas is in a pickle but TML leaf fans can be found in the video I posted below . A must watch .

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Fans really like throwing the term bust around . Patrick has taken a step forward this year . I find it especial funny when TML throw around bust out of one side of their mouths yet going on about their can't miss prospects when they are 22 and never even sniffed the NHL . Now we get to here how Kadri is a 1C . Just laughable . Just one question to the fan who posted that . How are you signing all your UFA with out moving some cap . 75.5 million committed to next year . Cap is not going to 83 million more likely 82 million but for argument sakes let leave it at 83 . thats 7.5 million to sign Marner , replace Gardiner , sign Kapanen and Johnsson . Even if both Kapanen and Johnsson took bridge deals at 2 million each leaving 3.5 million left to replace Gardiner and sign Marner .

Dumbas is in a pickle but TML leaf fans can be found in the video I posted below . A must watch .

I agree it's too early to say he's a bust (and Kadri is in no way a 1C) but I disagree that he took a step forward this year. He went sideways.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He won’t be traded IMO. No reason for anyone to risk anything too valuable for him given his production so far and no reason for Philly to trade him for a subpar return given his potential.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I doubt there is a single Flyers fan who was comfortable with Patrick's offensive output. What reassures me about his value is his on-ice awareness. He is very defensively responsible and most always puts himself in the right position to regain possession in the DZ and start the transition.

When Patrick is feeling confident, he shows why he was projected for the longest time to be the 1st overall pick. He has to get more selfish and use his shot more and keep that confidence so the flashes become the whole picture.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I agree it's too early to say he's a bust (and Kadri is in no way a 1C) but I disagree that he took a step forward this year. He went sideways.
Agree but on a team where almost all players regressed on offense. Only Laughton at forwards saw an increase to speak of (32 from 20). Konecny +2, Patrick +1. Not worried. Play him 3c next year with Lindblom and Konecny.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I think Philly would be silly to give up on this kid. He isn't putting up a ton of points yet, but his overall game is really solid. At worse you have a really solid 2nd/3rd line center. He has a perfect mentor in a guy like Courtier too. I just really like the situation he's in right now.
Unfortunately, yes.

He is a big talented kid. He is going to be a 1C soon.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Just curious if one of Ehlers or Connor would be fair for Patrick? Jet's have excess wingers but need centers. I'm not sure what the Flyers need though

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Just curious if one of Ehlers or Connor would be fair for Patrick? Jet's have excess wingers but need centers. I'm not sure what the Flyers need though

I wouldn’t do that as a Jets fan personally.....Patrick as a long way to go before he’s even a 2C......giving up young top line winger for him at this point seems very risky & premature.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The Jets need a good top 6 C, Patrick isn't there yet. He's a 30 pt C in back-to-back years while being negative in the shot and goal share at 5v5 (this season). Obviously he is young and should improve but to what extent is unknown. He's gotten over 100 mins on the PP each year too and his line-mate mix has included some top 6 talent so it's not like he has not been put in a position to succeed.

Last edited:

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

that poster you were replying to is one of the most delusional posters on this board. last year he was blabbing how Matthews is better than McDavid. can't take anything he says seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad