Nolan Patrick Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Nolan looks like he needs some work on his skating. My guess is 30 points this year with another summer of foot work

If he only gets 30 points i will be disappointed.

I don't think that will happen. IMO i think he will establish himself as one of the best players on the team. His numbers in 2015-2016 shouldn't be overshadowed by his injuries. This dude will be a beast. He just needs to be healthy and put in a good summer of work to make the NHL.

Tanaka

Aug 15, 2014
just announced. had abdominal surgery 2 weeks ago. very scared about this

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
just announced. had abdominal surgery 2 weeks ago. very scared about this

Not major enough to alarm the Flyers from selecting Patrick. He was able to workout in the NHL combine prior to surgery

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He did the full combine 10 days earlier......so I guess it wasn't too bad, and he wasn't at any risk of aggravating it. Better to fix it all now and get completely 100%. It seems pretty minor.

Given the June 13th surgery date, we could be talking about mid-July he's back at full bore training, which gives him a month and a half before camp. It's not like he hasn't been training or anything. He's not bed ridden.

If I remember correctly, he had surgery on the one side of his groin......but not the other. That one healed by itself. It's probably on the side that was misdiagnosed at first and didn't get surgery.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
FWIW I do enjoy the juxtaposition of post-draft Hischier and Patrick.

For Nico, Jersey rolled out the red carpet......made him king for the day, had a parade, let him kill as many vagabonds as he wanted without punishment, and so on. For Nolan, we get treated to 1-2 radio interviews and an announcement he had surgery 2.5 weeks ago haha :party:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If you aren't following @billmeltzer on twitter you should be.

Hextall said NP not 4-6 wks from clearance to skate. Rather that is time frame for being rehabbed to be ready to play.

Hextall said NP was playing thru issue after his return. Had procedure been done last summer, probably could have played all yr.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
If you aren't following @billmeltzer on twitter you should be.

Hextall said NP not 4-6 wks from clearance to skate. Rather that is time frame for being rehabbed to be ready to play.

Hextall said NP was playing thru issue after his return. Had procedure been done last summer, probably could have played all yr.

The fact that NP played the entirety of the games he played last season compromised tells me that he'll look even better when not playing compromised. I generally don't view this surgery as a negative. I view it as reason to expect better than what he showed last year.

santapore

Oct 11, 2010
The fact that NP played the entirety of the games he played last season compromised tells me that he'll look even better when not playing compromised. I generally don't view this surgery as a negative. I view it as reason to expect better than what he showed last year.

this is getting me very excited<3 thinking like that

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I'm not 100% sure of him making the Flyers this year, but I don't think that's a bad thing. He's the obvious guy going forward but we have a bit of a log jam at center already signed and I don't know if he would clearly be our third best center this season.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
While you shouldn't be acutely worried because it was always the plan, it is a big injury and surgery. He will not be good to go to start the year as if nothing happened.

I am hoping for 20 goals 20-30 assists. I'll be happy with that but would be ok with something a lower like 15 goals and 15-20 assists.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's making the Flyers.. Why do people keep saying that.

The ONLY way he isn't here next year is if there's some kind of long term pre-season injury that keeps him out a majority of the year. Even then he'll be in the area for doctors, but they might not want to waste a year of his ELC when he comes back.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He'll be on the team. He's going to be 19 before the regular season even starts. He's played three seasons in the WHL & has been a top player on his team &/or the league in all of them. Even this past year while playing hurt.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'll wait until tomorrow or the next day and read about it from Sam.

Just stop it. Carchidi is fine and is definitely timely. I'm as excited as Carchidi about seeing what this new "Legion of Dume" line can do. If Leclair can build on his momentum with the Canadiens, he may be a decent complement to Lindros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad