Nolan Patrick Expectations

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'll go with 39. I think he'll hover around .5 PPG but I don't expect him to play all 82 games.

PP2 and/or 5v5 scoring will really have to pick up for him to get much more than that imo.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Getzlaf was 20 when he played his rookie year turned 21 later in that year during May. Vinny was mostly 18 as an April birthday for his rookie year. Staal like Patrick will be was 19 most of his first year as a late birthday. Patrick will actually be 19 during all of it. Staal turned 19 the end of October that year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Staal and Lecavalier also played in tougher scoring environments during their rookie seasons.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Who will be Patrick's main competition for the Calder? Trying to think of older rookies who could make their team this year.
I'd say Hischier, Puljujarvi, Lindblom, Keller...
On D maybe Chabot and Sergachev.
Who else?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Who will be Patrick's main competition for the Calder? Trying to think of older rookies who could make their team this year.
I'd say Hischier, Puljujarvi, Lindblom, Keller...
On D maybe Chabot and Sergachev.
Who else?

Puljujarvi isn't eligible. He played 28 games in the NHL last year (25 is the limit).

Pierre-Luc Dubios, Charlie McAvoy, Tyson Jost, Dylan Strome, Matthew Barzal, Kyle Connor, Evgeni Svechnikov, Joel Ericsson-Ek, Colin White, & Jack Roslovic could be some notable rookies next year.

It should be an easier title to win next year compared to these last I would think just scanning over the potential names.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
The thing I just realized about 15 seconds ago is that with him on the team, we will most likely be on NBC a few more times than we would have been, which means that I will be exposed to that penis a few more times this season, which means that you should expect a hurricane of asterisks. I would like to apologize now, ahead of time, because it will be stupid.

Ahh, **** it

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Puljujarvi isn't eligible. He played 28 games in the NHL last year (25 is the limit).

Pierre-Luc Dubios, Charlie McAvoy, Tyson Jost, Dylan Strome, Matthew Barzal, Kyle Connor, Evgeni Svechnikov, Joel Ericsson-Ek, Colin White, & Jack Roslovic could be some notable rookies next year.

It should be an easier title to win next year compared to these last I would think just scanning over the potential names.

Ugh I am dreading all of the knob-slobbing NBC will be doing over that squirrel looking **** McAvoy next season. It was unbearable in his brief stint. Youd think we were witnessing the second coming of Bobby Orr.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They hype up everybody worth hyping up. If you're an American they're going to go even more with it it on NBC.

So true.

One thing I like about McAvoy is how he picks his spots to activate on offense. His shot and hands are average though.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I expect something in the area of 35 points in a protected role with some PP2 usage.

Lots of Veteran bodies still around that he will have to push for playing time.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
He is ours and we should all be pretty pumped to have him.

While doing some research on him over the season it was really difficult to come to a consensus on what people think of him. Some think he is a franchise number 1 center, others think he is in the RNH tier.

I have some mixed feelings about him. i think we are going to inevitably compare him to our current number 1 c, but they are very different and I believe they compliment one another well.

Going forward I don't ever think Nolan Patrick will be the monster pp player that giroux is. I think in the future Konecny is going to run the power play. Patrick on the other hand i feel like should be much more consistent at even strength. I expect atleast 43-53 points at even strength during his prime years.

pp points i expect anywhere between 17-27.

so in essences at 60- to 80 point scorer. who is responsible in his own end.

Give me that and I am happy.

I like how OP starts out all reasonable saying he won't be a "Monster PP Player" then casually suggests he'll get up to 27 PP points, which would tie him for 8th place in NHL this year with Connor Mcdavid, Draisaitl and Karlsson.

How many will Konecny score?

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
First, I'd like to thank the NHL and Gary Bettman for Flyers getting some overdue draft luck... we finally got our Patrick!

Next, I'd like to thank Lou and the Jersey Devils organization.. for gifting us two Wheat Kings studs, Provorov and Patrick - by opting to select Zacha and Hischier.

Thank you and goodnight

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Nolan looks like he needs some work on his skating. My guess is 30 points this year with another summer of foot work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad