Nokelainen and Sauer ejected for fighting during another fight

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
It says the infraction of too many men will be called, but it doesn't limit it to anything else...... it doesn't say ONLY the penalty of too many me will be called.

Clearly. But then, go read the Interference rule... nothing applies to what happened.

But anyway, I'm not here to whine about anything. I just wanted to correct myself, since I first said that it was a textbook call, but I was wrong... just like the refs!

Let's hope we'll have a good 3rd period!

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
You must have missed the above post stating the rule. 5-3 was deserved.

Except the rule quoted doesn't actually say that.

It says if you come on the ice and check an opponent, that is a penalty for too many men on the ice.

If you're not on the ice and interfere with an opponent, that's a penalty for interference.

Clearly you can't receive a penalty for too many men in addition to a penalty for interference for the same action under that rule quoted as the player would have to be simaltaneously on the ice and not on the ice to do so...

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Did Callahan get an instigator? wouldn't he have gotten penalties for instigating while wearing a visor to?

Puckface NYR*

And now another penalty to Subban for not crashing into the goaltender.

It was for him spraying the goalie after the play.

Same exact call was made against dubinsky. It is unsportsmanlike and is being called this season.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
seriously two minutes for snowing a goalie. Something that probably happened 10 times prior in the game. And no penalty to McDonaugh for popping him in the head.

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
Clearly. But then, go read the Interference rule... nothing applies to what happened.

But anyway, I'm not here to whine about anything. I just wanted to correct myself, since I first said that it was a textbook call, but I was wrong... just like the refs!

Let's hope we'll have a good 3rd period!

Agree that this call isn't completely spelled out in the rules... perhaps we see a rewrite to explain it a little beter, a la the Sean Avery rule for waving his hand in front of Broduer.

Analyzer*

Did Callahan get an instigator? wouldn't he have gotten penalties for instigating while wearing a visor to?

No. Not only that, but Gill got 2 minutes and Dubinsky got nothing. I'm kinda glad I wasn't able to watch this game, because the reffing is atrocious to be nice. I have no idea how the Rangers end up with a 5 on 3 from that.

Oh well, Refs will continue to be incompetent for the most part. What can you do. I'm... well hoping the habs will be on the good end some time soon...

Nekz

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 8, 2007
New York
No. Not only that, but Gill got 2 minutes and Dubinsky got nothing. I'm kinda glad I wasn't able to watch this game, because the reffing is atrocious to be nice. I have no idea how the Rangers end up with a 5 on 3 from that.

Oh well, Refs will continue to be incompetent for the most part. What can you do. I'm... well hoping the habs will be on the good end some time soon...

04:18 NYR Brandon Dubinsky : Roughing - 2 min

Sucks to lose against a bottom feeder because of the refs.

Yep refs fault for that one.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

:sarcasm:

So you aren't watching the game, but you feel perfectly comfortable in claiming that the refs are jobbing your favorite team? Don't get me wrong, that's pretty much 80% of this thread, but hey, at least you're honest about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad