Nokelainen and Sauer ejected for fighting during another fight

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Puckface NYR*

Yeah and the Leafs are first. I meant at the end of the year.

Like last year when the Rangers finished with the same amount of wins as Montreal and 3 less points.

Go back to your board you homer.

Anderson

Dec 27, 2007
New Jersey
well, ill admit as a ranger fan the reffing was pretty one sided. It happens though.

At least Habs fans now know the frustration of other teams fans when games are at the bell centre.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I think it was a terrible reffing job but Montreal still had chances.

True. I don't blame the Rangers. Bad calls usually even out in the course of a season, but tonight was Montreal's turn to get a royal screwing from the zebras.

Sunaaj*

1st star for the Rags.

Tim Peel!

2nd star

Left post

3rd star

right post

Puckface NYR*

Sucks to lose against a bottom feeder because of the refs.

Just to note, after tonights games, Montreal is tied for second to last in the Eastern Conference.

Sounds like there was only one bottom feeder playing tonight. :sarcasm:

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
I agree the rule book doesn't truly spell out the extra man, interference call clearly but here's how I see it.

Too many men is pretty obvious. 2 minute bench, but the whistle isn't suppose to go till Montreal touches the puck. So the play would still go on, no whistle yet.

Now the play is still going on. The Rangers are going in on a 3 on 2 until a player illegally on the ice "interferes" with the play by checking the puck carrier. Even though the hit was of the legal variety is was called interference because that player was illegally on the ice.

The actions of Blundell interfered with a Rangers odd man rush, hence the interference penalty.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I have watched hockey for a long time and I didn't recall a penalty for snowing a golatender. Snowing a goaltender happned a dozen time a game.:confused:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Just curious, has anyone ever seen a penalty for a snowjob on the goalie like Subban got tonight? I don't recall seeing one before.

Also wondering why the Rangers don't get the instigator on the play that ended up being the game in the first. Didn't they initiate both fights there?

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
LeMad and a few others making every Habs fan look foolish.

Some strange calls went both ways. By far not the worst officiated game so far. NY came away with the win. Neither goaltender looked more than human.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Just curious, has anyone ever seen a penalty for a snowjob on the goalie like Subban got tonight? I don't recall seeing one before.

Also wondering why the Rangers don't get the instigator on the play that ended up being the game in the first. Didn't they initiate both fights there?

Dubinsky got one just last week.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
LeMad and a few others making every Habs fan look foolish.

Some strange calls went both ways. By far not the worst officiated game so far. NY came away with the win. Neither goaltender looked more than human.

It's too bad really. In my opinion both teams came out pretty strong and it had all the makings of a good game. Probably doesn't sting as much since you guys got the win but I was really looking forward to this game and seems both teams came out hard. Refs ended up taking center stage (whether you agree or not with the calls). It's unfortunate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad