Value of: Noah Hanifin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
How much does the only 26 year old UFA with 254P in 628GP blueliner fetch on the market?

I think it should be a lot. More than Lindholm. Plenty of teams could really use his services both this year and beyond. Detroit and Dallas make a lot of sense to me, Florida could be a darkhorse. Not sure which teams are in the best position to extend him before the summer.

1st + who & what?

Reactions: Boomstick

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
B prospect + 2 2nds? If you’re not even offering a first it has to be a prospect much better than a future 3rd liner at best. Replace him with Dvorsky or Snuggerud.
I’d be open to a 1st, but the Blues own 1st may be too low for that to make sense. If the Blues acquire another 1st or their own pick ends up being mid to late teens (or higher) I’d do that pick + something decent.

I think the value is there in my offer. Dean is a solid center prospect and the Blues 2nd may be very early. Totally understand wanting to hold out for a better offer tho.

Lol @ asking for Snuggerud or Dvorsky.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
…absolutely zero chance Hanifin gets a prospect that good
You do realize he’s a 26 year old top pair D right? He’s also had a very good season to this point. And he never gets injured.

With an extension in place he easily gets a top prospect in return. The guy likely ends up playing 1500+ games in his career with the way he skates.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
You do realize he’s a 26 year old top pair D right? He’s also had a very good season to this point. And he never gets injured.

With an extension in place he easily gets a top prospect in return. The guy likely ends up playing 1500+ games in his career with the way he skates.
How many top prospects has been traded for a UFA player in the last few years?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
He said with an extension in place. That’s not a UFA. Also, How many players of Hanifin’s caliber and age have been traded recently?
What did Jay Bouwmeester return?

Hanifin is a great player and Calgary will probably get good value back…but expecting a top prospect is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
What did Jay Bouwmeester return?

Hanifin is a great player and Calgary will probably get good value back…but expecting a top prospect is setting yourself up for disappointment.
JBO was 6.75 long term and many felt he was overpaid at that time. Too me that’s a pretty significant difference. I think Hampus Lindholm is probably the best comparable but he was having a few down seasons when he was traded. And that has worked out pretty well for Boston. I think Hanifin is a no risk top pair D at the NHL level. He’s going to age well because he’s an elite skater. GMs know this and if they can get him locked in long term he will be a highly coveted asset. I think he gets significantly more than E Lindholm for example. Personally I think the flames need to go hard at resigning him.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
He said with an extension in place. That’s not a UFA. Also, How many players of Hanifin’s caliber and age have been traded recently?
Hampus Lindholm was traded for a 1st round pick, 2 second round picks, Vaakanainen and Moore. The Ducks retained 50 % Lindholm's $5.2-million average annual value, so one of those 2nd round picks was for Moore and salary retention. There was also an extension in place when they made the trade. I expect Hanifin's value is pretty similar.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
…absolutely zero chance Hanifin gets a prospect that good
With an extension he absolutely does.

I’d be open to a 1st, but the Blues own 1st may be too low for that to make sense. If the Blues acquire another 1st or their own pick ends up being mid to late teens (or higher) I’d do that pick + something decent.

I think the value is there in my offer. Dean is a solid center prospect and the Blues 2nd may be very early. Totally understand wanting to hold out for a better offer tho.

Lol @ asking for Snuggerud or Dvorsky.
lol @ asking for him for a few 2nds and a meh prospect. An extended Hanifin easily gets a prospect of that calibre.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
With an extension he absolutely does.

lol @ asking for him for a few 2nds and a meh prospect. An extended Hanifin easily gets a prospect of that calibre.
I’d bet anything he doesn’t. Top 10 (recent) drafted prospects don’t get traded for defensive defensemen, ever. Lindholm got less and that was with retention.

Ledge And Dairy

I’d bet anything he doesn’t. Top 10 (recent) drafted prospects don’t get traded for defensive defensemen, ever. Lindholm got less and that was with retention.
Hanifin isn't a defensive defenseman, thats Tanev. Hanifin is one of the fastest skating puck moving defensemen in the league. I agree that Dvorsky isn't realistic but Snuggerud is not some untouchable caliber prospect

Not sure why you think there wouldn't be retention.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Hanifin isn't a defensive defenseman, thats Tanev. Hanifin is one of the fastest skating puck moving defensemen in the league. I agree that Dvorsky isn't realistic but Snuggerud is not some untouchable caliber prospect

Not sure why you think there wouldn't be retention.

The Blues desperately need a Hanifin. The problem is they can’t have a Krug making 6.5 million playing on the 3rd pairing.

There’s so much movement that needs to happen they will likely not be in the Hannifin sweepstakes

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Hampus Lindholm was traded for a 1st round pick, 2 second round picks, Vaakanainen and Moore. The Ducks retained 50 % Lindholm's $5.2-million average annual value, so one of those 2nd round picks was for Moore and salary retention. There was also an extension in place when they made the trade. I expect Hanifin's value is pretty similar.

Yeah that’s the template.

Vaakaneinen was still a prospect, but the shine had worn off. It was clear that he was moving towards being a soft puck moving D without any offense as his ceiling. So 2nd pairing at best, but probably bottom pairing.

And a 1st and a 2nd. And that was at 50% retention.

Maybe you can upgrade the prospect some and get rid of the 2nd, but still not a top prospect.

I think the big X factor with Hanifin, obviously, is who is on his list of teams he wants to re-sign with and if it’s limited or pretty open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad