Value of: No teams interested in Mark Giordano?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Five years can make a huge difference. On 10/1/75 heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali defeated Joe Frazier in a thrilling fight. On 10/2/80 Muhammad Ali was a punching bag for heavyweight champion Larry Holmes.
Many people don’t even get to be Larry Holmes punching bag

Reactions: Leafshater67

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I was posting quickly and probably shouldn't have said "nothing to do with". Instead I should have said "doesn't matter as much as some here think" because people were stating his age as if that was all that mattered. Gordie Howe was 52 when his final season ended and he scored 40+ points that year. Selanne was 43 and scored almost 30 in less than 65 games. Recchi was 43 and scored almost 50 points. Messier scored 43 when he was 43. Plenty of goalies play into their 40s, many of them hall of famers.

My point was that those dismissing him due to his age and nothing else were being stupid.
Dude the examples you're using are almost unanimously like top 30-40 players of all time or higher lol

40 is old in any NHL era, especially this one when speed is the name of the game more than ever

Reactions: bert

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back in TO with the Spezza treatment.

We sign him to a one year deal and we waive him whenever need to clear an NHL spot on the roster and other teams know that if they claim him, he retires.

He's our 7th D while Hakanpaa is getting healthy, if we sustain a serious injury we can promote Myers or Niemela ahead of him. He practices every day, he is a good leader and role model and maybe he gets into 30 games or so.

Why not?

Reactions: byrath

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back in TO with the Spezza treatment.

We sign him to a one year deal and we waive him whenever need to clear an NHL spot on the roster and other teams know that if they claim him, he retires.

He's our 7th D while Hakanpaa is getting healthy, if we sustain a serious injury we can promote Myers or Niemela ahead of him. He practices every day, he is a good leader and role model and maybe he gets into 30 games or so.

Why not?

I don't see any room in Toronto for him. Already have 8 dmen once Haakanpa signs

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I don't see any room in Toronto for him. Already have 8 dmen once Haakanpa signs
Agreed. I am of the opinion that Hakanpaa is not on the roster to start the year, even if he does sign. This unique situation may create the opening for Giordano to start the year with the Leafs. I also thought he was a pretty decent dman last year and would be a fine 7/8 considering the intangibles he brings to a roster

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Giordano is beyond washed.

Anyone signing him is gonna be for locker room presence and injury replacement.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Maybe he’ll get a PTO but he’s pretty cooked even for a 7. Because if you have a prolonged injury you want someone who can play a stretch. I feel he’s at the point where he can play 1 or 2 games and then needs some time off

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There are rumblings that Buffalo is one of a couple of teams chatting with Gio's agent but the concern on his agent's side is that they would be using him as a 7/8 in terms of games and ice time.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
There are rumblings that Buffalo is one of a couple of teams chatting with Gio's agent but the concern on his agent's side is that they would be using him as a 7/8 in terms of games and ice time.

This should be the expectation not a concern IMHO

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
retirement. too slow for todays game. probbaly be in and out on most teams lineup. probaly plays 25 games out of an 82 scheudle barring injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad