Value of: No teams interested in Mark Giordano?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
He is a loser for a few years now. Should be thrown in jail for his knee injuries to real players. Once Gio got old and could not play, the loser started the cheap shots. Jail is where he belongs
1723377305679.png

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Lots of snarky “he’s 40” responses but not a lot of substance in this thread. Guy is a former Norris winner and captain (plus his Norris was 5 years ago, not 15) if he’s willing to take $800k and play 60% of games there’s not much of a compelling argument for why you wouldn’t take him in your lockerroom and let him be a #7. He’ll end up somewhere.
Here's my compelling argument: he's very, very old and it shows

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Here's my compelling argument: he's very, very old and it shows

Sure, and that’s valid. My point is simply that worse players - or marginal players who don’t bring his experience and leadership, at least - manage to hang around in the league. If Gio wants to be a #7 somewhere, he probably will find a contract.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I love gio, but he was a visible shell of his former self, even from last year. You could certainly do worse for a #8 to help some young guys, but he should 100% be done as a regular player, in any capacity.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
If he guarantees 2 knees a season only for the Oilers I’d give him a 5M contract in Calgary just to watch you guys cry.
That's about the only thing Calgary fans would have to look forward to for the next 7 seasons so I don't blame you. 🤣🤣🤣

simeon van loon

Aug 14, 2019
honestly I think if he doesn't get a deal done I think the flames will sign him to a one-day contract to retire a flame sort of what happened to Eric staal with the hurricanes

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
That's about the only thing Calgary fans would have to look forward to for the next 7 seasons so I don't blame you. 🤣🤣🤣
Well, they also get to look forward to seeing Broberg and Holloway in Blues uniforms in a few days. And of course seeing McJesus watch Dry-Saddle walk off in to the sunset a UFA.

So they have that going for them too

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
People being overly harsh on him with his current ability. Probably the usual if you aren't the best you are trash a lot of fans do.

He is for sure a #7 at this point, but is capable of coming in to play top 4 minutes for 5-10 games before falling off a cliff. Best left in spot duty.

Was he bad at the end of the season? Yeah but go watch his concussion injury he had. He was out for a while and came back right before the playoffs when hockey was most intense. He struggled to get back to the pace and was also rotated in and out with the other dmen because we had like 10 of them post deadline.

I think he has value to an NHL team. Almost certainly not a contending team but he can help a bubble team

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He might be a mid season addition to a team needing a depth guy due to injuries.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He really should hang em up. He's a total liability on the ice and continues to regress at a rapid rate. I can see a post-playing career as a Defense Coach.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
You guys would know a thing or two about 7-10 years of nothing to cheer for, so I'll take your advice.

That's true for both teams tbh. People tend to forget the travesty that was Flames between 97-03 as well as the medicrity of the 2010s onward....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad