No Devils media availablity before training camp per Lou

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
It's before camp, we, TG included could all figure out for ourselves would be said, 'yea it's great to be back' 'stunk that it took as long as it did' 'we're happy to get back out there'

Good that things are back to normal though with Lou's secrecy and TG's unhappiness with minuscule things

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

So if the Devils allowed media before camp started, fans would come back with open arms, they would sell tickets, and the lockout fallout would all be resolved?

It wouldn't change the view on the subject but it would be a little added bonus to the fans who've been craving to see some type of hockey news... outside of europe.

DevilChuk*

Getting something, anything, related to our team we've missed for the past several months would just be a bonus to us fans, no? If I was living in NJ, I'd be more then happy to attend a practice to watch the team I love, especially after going threw that lockout.

Don't see any information online that indicates the Rangers opening practice to the public.. where'd the guy get that info?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So are they now starting practices with the coaches, and players who have come back from Europe? Just not an official training camp yet?

Or is it informal stuff they been having, and they still aren't allowed to work with coaches, and team staff until the CBA is official?

DevilChuk*

So are they now starting practices with the coaches, and players who have come back from Europe? Just not an official training camp yet?

Or is it informal stuff they been having, and they still aren't allowed to work with coaches, and team staff until the CBA is official?

Pretty sure all they could do is technically 'rent' the ice out and have their own players only thing.

Which is why I highly doubt fans are allowed anywhere.. but who knows.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Yay the Devils really want their fans back eh?

you take the good with the bad as a devils fan......do you want 5 cup appearences in 15 years or for a player or coach to give some pre answered boring interview...i get the frustration but at the end of the day you can't argue with a winner...get over it its the way this team is run and they have been a perennial winner

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At this point there's still almost two weeks before the season starts anyway. There's not even a schedule out and probably won't be for a couple days. There'll be plenty of time to hear from everyone before next Saturday. I'm more bugged by the fact the schedule isn't out and we don't know when it is or what kind of format it is yet, but that's not the Devils' issue.

And anyway, didn't TG get interviews with Brodeur and Clarkson? It's not like the players were in a bubble entirely although I suppose he got to talk to them before the wall went back up.

I don't entirely disagree with the premise the Devils need to do more, but as usual it's going to have to come from the business/PR department and not hockey ops.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty sure all they could do is technically 'rent' the ice out and have their own players only thing.

Which is why I highly doubt fans are allowed anywhere.. but who knows.

So they still have to rent the ice right now until the CBA is official?

kiwidevil

So all this means is that players and coaches won't talk to the media BEFORE training camp?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So all this means is that players and coaches won't talk to the media BEFORE training camp?

No I think they can talk to the players cause TG just had interviews with Marty, and Clarkson yesterday. Though he, and other media won't be allowed to be in the building for informal practices is what I make of it.

I think they're obligated to let the media watch during real practices, and morning skates. That's why Sutter used to make the team ride the bikes after a bad game, and not give them a hard skate cause they couldn't skate without the media there!:laugh:

kiwidevil

Deboer: We are all excited to be back and are looking forward to the season.

TG: Do you worry about your perceived lack of forward depth and over stock of NHL D men?

Deboer: Lou and I will meet over the next several days and we'll see what we can do. But that is Lou's area and I trust Lou's abilities.

There you go TG, you little whinge. Now go home and look at some Rick Nash highlights.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Does it really matter?

We will just hear the same old "I'm excited to play hockey" "I've been itching to come back" etc. What exactly is TG going to get out of this? It's only just going to be an unnecessary distraction, in my opinion. I highly doubt any of the NHL players say anything of substance or anything interesting.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Deboer: We are all excited to be back and are looking forward to the season.

TG: Do you worry about your perceived lack of forward depth and over stock of NHL D men?

Deboer: Lou and I will meet over the next several days and we'll see what we can do. But that is Lou's area and I trust Lou's abilities.

There you go TG, you little whinge. Now go home and look at some Rick Nash highlights.
Haha you got me there! I thought they caved, and really let TG interview Pete haha.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I love how people are acting like he hasn't been doing this for 25 years.

If you don't like how The Lou does things there are plenty of other teams to watch.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
I feel bad for TG and he has a right to be pissed. It's tremendously hard to do his job for the next week. It sucks because he went out to NY and stood around with the national guys giving us updates.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
TG just wants to get back into his own routine so I understand. But I could honestly careless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad