Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] F Ondrej Palat signs with the Devils (5 years, $6M AAV)

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Palat is good, but signing him to term like this when he’s 31 at this stage of NJ’s cycle will age poorly..

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Palat is the perfect complimentary winger for a top line, there is a reason why he keeps being plugged next to Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point. Scoring isn’t everything, he does all of the little things right that you need in order to tilt the ice
That might work in a perfect structure like Tampa. Who knows how he fares somewhere currently disorganized like NJD

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
$6 million! That’s an overpay for Palat. He’s cracked 20 goals once about 8 years ago.
I really like him as a player though. Just not at that money.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
And I would still take Palat over him 10/10 times.

Maybe the Palat AAV will change my mind, but that Gaudreau contract is definitely making it easy to count this as a win for NJ in my books.

Naw, I’d legit prefer a Palat type player at 6x6 than Gaudreau at 9.75x7
this is nonsense. Gaudreau could have easily won the Hart this season, one of the best players in the world 9.75 is less than he's worth.. I swear people here act like if you're not MacKinnonn making 5m a year its a bad contract.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
this is nonsense. Gaudreau could have easily won the Hart this season, one of the best players in the world 9.75 is less than he's worth.. I swear people here act like if you're not MacKinnonn making 5m a year its a bad contract.
Yup. If a guy like Gaudreau or Panarin wants to join your team, you find a way to make it work. There will be other Palat's out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad