Proposal: Nj - STL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
to Nj:
Shattenkirk

to STL:
Reid Boucher LW
John Quenneville C
2017 2nd (Nj)
2017 2nd (Bos), turns into a 2017 1st on the condition Shattenkirk re-signs with Nj.

2nd proposal

To Nj:
Shattenkirk

To STL:
McLoed
2017 2nd, turns into a 2017 1st on the condition Shattenkirk re-signs with Nj.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Devils are trading us Chicago's coach?

I guess I'll accept, hopefully this pushes Hitch out the door sooner and it hurts the 'Hawks in the process.

Solid proposal.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Easy? How much more are you expecting for a UFA who wants to play in the East?

• A first
  • a second
  • 2014 1st (30th) C, scoring a ppg
  • a bottom pair LHD

You realize there is nothing to back that up...nothing...it's been reported that there are multiple teams in the West that he'd sign with.

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
You realize there is nothing to back that up...nothing...it's been reported that there are multiple teams in the West that he'd sign with.

why only the west?

isn't he from the NY area? The Devils have so much cap space and the owners have deep pockets. We can offer him a very enticing contract. He'll play #1 minutes and a spot QBing the PP. The Devils are on the rise.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

I thought the whole point was he said he would resign with an eastern team (not my words)
I am sure MOST teams in the West would want him. Hell Edm would probably give away the farm, in this case I see the haul but thought he is on record saying he would not resign there (again not my words just posts).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
why only the west?

isn't he from the NY area? The Devils have so much cap space and the owners have deep pockets. We can offer him a very enticing contract. He'll play #1 minutes and a spot QBing the PP. The Devils are on the rise.

I didn't say only the west, I was implying that he's open to teams on both sides. The only team confirmed that he isn't interested in is Edmonton.

Also not saying the Devils have a very good chance, just if they want to trade for him, it won't be for a crap offer.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I didn't say only the west, I was implying that he's open to teams on both sides. The only team confirmed that he isn't interested in is Edmonton.

Also not saying the Devils have a very good chance, just if they want to trade for him, it won't be for a crap offer.

And that is why I asked what we be acceptable from your perspective?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I thought the whole point was he said he would resign with an eastern team (not my words)
I am sure MOST teams in the West would want him. Hell Edm would probably give away the farm, in this case I see the haul but thought he is on record saying he would not resign there (again not my words just posts).

He didn't say that, and he hasn't said anything on the topic, except just addressing the rumors in general.

The only team in the league that we know he won't sign with is Edmonton. The 29 others, we are not sure about. It's been reported that he is looking for Petro money, around 6.5, which is probably why the Blues backed off.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Not a bad start, but I'd want something other than Merrill.
Even without Shattenkirk the Blues are loaded on defense. Merrill just doesn't hold any value to us.

I know you guys consider Zacha untouchable, but what about Miles Wood?

Quenneville
Wood
'17 2nd
Conditional '17/'18 1st(Conditional on Shattenkirk re-signing plus Lotto protection for NJ)

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land

:laugh:

I can't blame him. Good luck to Larsson, he will be missed.

We have collected some nice pieces during our "rebuild". The Devils have more to offer than just a contract. We got our first overall in Hall without having to tank. Suck it Tankers.

I think it's the most the Devils can offer. I don't know the Blues goalie situation, we have a very nice goalie prospect in Blackwood.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
:laugh:

I can't blame him. Good luck to Larsson, he will be missed.

We have collected some nice pieces during our "rebuild". The Devils have more to offer than just a contract. We got our first overall in Hall without having to tank. Suck it Tankers.

I think it's the most the Devils can offer. I don't know the Blues goalie situation, we have a very nice goalie prospect in Blackwood.

We just need forward prospects, we are pretty well stocked in defense and goaltending.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Not to hijack a thread completely, but why is St. Louis even considering not re-signing him. I see a ton of threads out there going to all these other teams.

Why is St. Louis seemingly ready to part ways? Even if he was in the 6.5M range on a new contract, that's only a 2.25 increase on St. Louis cap from where he's at now, while having almost 4M in space currently, and near 11M in cap space opening up after this season(not counting Shattys 4.25). Do The Blues have some group of can't miss, right handed PMD's that are coming up in the pipeline and have to make room or something?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not to hijack a thread completely, but why is St. Louis even considering not re-signing him. I see a ton of threads out there going to all these other teams.

Why is St. Louis seemingly ready to part ways? Even if he was in the 6.5M range on a new contract, that's only a 2.25 increase on St. Louis cap from where he's at now, while having almost 4M in space currently, and near 11M in cap space opening up after this season(not counting Shattys 4.25). Do The Blues have some group of can't miss, right handed PMD's that are coming up in the pipeline and have to make room or something?

We already have Petro and Parayko on the roster, and all 3 of them are better on the right, so making one play the left full-time is not a good option. We have Schmaltz who is almost ready, and can play the similar sheltered offensive role on the 3rd pairing.

Long-term, you can't have 3 RHD on big contracts, and Petro and Parayko are the clear keepers. We need to reallocate Shattenkirk's cap to a forward.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

We're deep in net. Allen signed long term, Hutton as backup; Husso, Binnginton, Copley(all 3 in the AHL), Opilka and Fitzgerald in the system.

What we're looking for is to build up our forward ranks. The offer that best addresses our skill deficiencies up front is the one that's going to land Shattenkirk, and obviously Blue Chip Prospects will get a LOT more consideration than a package of B and C level forwards.

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
Not a bad start, but I'd want something other than Merrill.
Even without Shattenkirk the Blues are loaded on defense. Merrill just doesn't hold any value to us.

I know you guys consider Zacha untouchable, but what about Miles Wood?

Quenneville
Wood
'17 2nd
Conditional '17/'18 1st(Conditional on Shattenkirk re-signing plus Lotto protection for NJ)

We just need forward prospects, we are pretty well stocked in defense and goaltending.

We already have Petro and Parayko on the roster, and all 3 of them are better on the right, so making one play the left full-time is not a good option. We have Schmaltz who is almost ready, and can play the similar sheltered offensive role on the 3rd pairing.

Long-term, you can't have 3 RHD on big contracts, and Petro and Parayko are the clear keepers. We need to reallocate Shattenkirk's cap to a forward.

We're deep in net. Allen signed long term, Hutton as backup; Husso, Binnginton, Copley(all 3 in the AHL), Opilka and Fitzgerald in the system.

What we're looking for is to build up our forward ranks. The offer that best addresses our skill deficiencies up front is the one that's going to land Shattenkirk, and obviously Blue Chip Prospects will get a LOT more consideration than a package of B and C level forwards.

ok forget Merrill. I updated the main proposal.

Boucher LW
Quenneville C
2017 2nd (Bos)
2017 2nd (NJ) - turns into 2017 1st round pick on the condition Shattenkirk re-signs with Nj.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012

Right on. It makes enough sense, especially if Parayko will continue to play like last season. Even when he gets a new contract it will still, most likely, be a nice savings for a few years compared to Shatty.

OP's proposal really isn't too bad. With the stipulation of one of the picks being a first upon Shatty resigning... saying he does... you're looking at two 1sts, one 2nd and a decent 3rd pairing type RHD to replace the roster spot if Schmaltz isn't competely ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad