Value of: NJ + BOS + SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Ok this is the post I was waiting for knowing that SJ doesn’t want winger prospects helps! What about this:

BOS: Hertl + Foote brothers
NJD: Ullmark
SJ: NJ 1st + BOS 1st + Gryz

I chose Gryz because I think SJ would want to bring him back, but he is there for $$$ reasons not for added trade value. Boston might try to find somewhere where they could get value instead. A 1st, a number 1 goalie and a top 4D isn’t a little bit for Boston to give up.

I think the problem is that NJ fans don’t seem to want to pay a 1st plus 2nd or 3rd tier prospect for Ullmark. So it’s probably all moot.
A couple of late 1sts in this brutal 2024 draft isn’t exactly a compelling offer for the beating heart of our franchise.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
A couple of late 1sts in this brutal 2024 draft isn’t exactly a compelling offer for the beating heart of our franchise.

I mean it’s all under the supposition that Greer is going to accommodate him if he doesn’t want to go thru a rebuild the rest of his prime. The picks are probably both 2025 anyway. I’m not going to play the bash the guy I want to trade for game, but he is in the wrong side of the aging curve with a lot more years to go. I don’t think he would pull more than that value.

Reactions: HBK27

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I mean it’s all under the supposition that Greer is going to accommodate him if he doesn’t want to go thru a rebuild the rest of his prime. The picks are probably both 2025 anyway. I’m not going to play the bash the guy I want to trade for game, but he is in the wrong side of the aging curve with a lot more years to go. I don’t think he would pull more than that value.
Then we keep him. He has given no indication he wants to move and he’s been pretty damn good this year.

Reactions: wintersej

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Holtz has played in all 37 games this season while Bastian has played fewer minutes than him in his 35 GP. I don’t even see how they’re connected.

Bastian has been getting in part because we always have several injured forwards.
It was just a joke about Ruff’s dislike of Holtz, he was benching him after every mistake, yet Bastian can get scored on and take penalties without repercussions

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah that’s entirely fair.

I think NJ/BOS could meet the value for Hertl, but nothing that convinces the Sharks to do a deal. The pieces that Sharks would want, the Devils are no longer in a position to deal after the Meier deal.

Is there even a reason for the Sharks to move Hertl right now? The only argument a deal like this could work is if they wanted to move him and his contract ends up being a limiting factor.
While I don't like the value there, my problem is more there isn't really the pieces we need. Geekie, Forbort, etc. don't hold any value at all to us, so they can't be considered anything more than zero value in our calculus. Lysell is a start, but there truly isn't anything motivating. I'd consider moving Hertl if we can get good value. I'm alright with going scorched earth.

Reactions: Gecklund

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That’s kinda my point. I have no interest in giving up Hertl for anything reasonable. He is literally the only consistently quality player on the team, and scorched earth rebuilds never work. 2025 picks are worth even less, since we won’t see the rewards of late 2025 1sts until 2028 at the earliest.

If Hertl indicates that he wants out, that’s a different story. But from all accounts Hertl is prepared to wait until the Sharks are good again. He’s got a very young family that I doubt he’s willing to uproot easily.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The biggest piece to San Jose comes from Boston in this framework. At least a 1st and a prospect of merit.
Why? They’re giving out last seasons Vezina winner who’s playing great this season as well, not a rental, and signed at a below market cap hit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad