Proposal: NJ/AZ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wouldn't expect to see this D Core after your proposal went through. L. Hughes most likely stays another year in college and I can't see all of Severson, Siegenthaler and Graves being extended.

I actually could see one of Graves or Siegenthaler being traded as a subsequent action.
Seigenthaler stays. He has been amazing and I think the Devils value him as much or more than Graves.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Way too big of a package to give up when we'll probably be fighting for a playoff spot at the end of Chychrun's deal, which could blow up in our face if he doesn't want to resign with us long term.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I don’t disagree with the concept of trading our first but not for Chychrun. It would have to be for a player like a Tkachuk or Hellebuyck. In other words, it’s not going to happen unless it’s a slam dunk upgrade over a Slafkovsky / Jiricek/ Nemec and I’m not seeing any team willing to give up players like that.

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
New Jersey needs to make a splash at the deadline.They have been irrelevant for to long.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
New Jersey needs to make a splash at the deadline.They have been irrelevant for to long.
Patience . We are a goalie and a couple interior forwards away . I don’t want to trade a potential top pair RHD in Jiricheck or a first line much needed power forward unicorn in Slafkovski if those options are there when we draft.
Other assets , short of Holtz and Luke Hughes , I’d move for immediate help but not our 1st this year if it’s a top 5 pick

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Patience . We are a goalie and a couple interior forwards away . I don’t want to trade a potential top pair RHD in Jiricheck or a first line much needed power forward unicorn in Slafkovski if those options are there when we draft.
Other assets , short of Holtz and Luke Hughes , I’d move for immediate help but not our 1st this year if it’s a top 5 pick
With the war Gritsyuk and Mukhamadullin require a lot of patience. I am not sure, if you can get their worth in a trade. It could be better to hold on to them.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Unless Chychrun is going to learn to play right handed it's hard to see this fitting NJ's roster needs even if the value is fair. NJ will have no shortage of left handed defenders with Siegenthaler and Hughes in two to three years. A third pairing guy can emerge from one of their large number of stockpiled left handed defenders or even Ty Smith if they keep him. The right side probably features Hamilton and two guys not currently in the organization in two years. You'd think that would be the priority.

Reactions: TBF1972

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad