Nintendo Switch #4: More than 1 year later

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's crazy to think there are no First-Party games on the calendar for this year. There just has to be something up Nintendo's sleeves....

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I wish Clubhouse Games was out today. Need that while we're all stuck inside.
June 5th, ugh. It even has the card game President (or Asshole). Can’t wait.

Anyone else follow Deku Deals for sales in the online store? I’ve found a few gems recently.

Minesweeper Genius
Slayaway Camp
Velocity 2X
Neverout
Deer God
Koloro

Also, Arms is a free trial until April 6 I think.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I wish Clubhouse Games was out today. Need that while we're all stuck inside.
June 5th, ugh. It even has the card game President (or Asshole). Can’t wait.

Anyone else follow Deku Deals for sales in the online store? I’ve found a few gems recently.

Minesweeper Genius
Slayaway Camp
Velocity 2X
Neverout
Deer God
Koloro

Also, Arms is a free trial until April 6 I think.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
It's crazy to think there are no First-Party games on the calendar for this year. There just has to be something up Nintendo's sleeves....

Perhaps this (take it with a grain of salt)?

The rumored remasters are 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3D World.

Would definitely be down for this (and for the love of god, please make the potential new Paper Mario play like the first two!).

Reactions: robertmac43

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

Would definitely be down for this (and for the love of god, please make the potential new Paper Mario play like the first two!).

I'm not usually a huge fan of remasters when the original game was great in the first place.

So I'm not sure I see the point with Galaxy, I guess some people hate the motion controls? But otherwise that's a great game already. 3D World will probably just be a port, which isn't a bad idea since being on the Wii U meant a lot of people didn't play it.

Sunshine and 64 though would be good choices. Sunshine has so many issues but had a lot of potential, they could easily make a great game out of it. And while Super Mario 64 is obviously an amazing game, it suffers from the time period it came from, there's some significant camera and control issues in that one.

Reactions: robertmac43

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The games will probably be closer to ports if I had to guess. Huge waste of money to fully develop / remaster 4 major titles only to have eacht cannibalize the other's sales.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Well this would be amazing. I'm hesitant on the whole Paper Mario thing, not going to get myself super hyped but could be good.

I would love a sunshine remake, I feel like it's far overdue

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I hope they bring the Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door to the Switch, never beaten it... one of my gaming regrets.

I was in the same boat until last year. I was sick for 4ish days and had this strange pull to play and beat it. Great game!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
My 3 friends and I are all playing Civ6 against each other on the Switch. It’s so fun. So in depth. It’s like you’re playing a board game video game and it’s a more in depth Risk.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Anyone know where i can buy a switch online that will ship within a week? Gf going stir crazy haha
The virus seems to have cause a ton of places to run out of stock but I think best buy still has some left in store.

edit: I just checked again, theyre sold out but they have switch lites left online. No regular switches though.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The virus seems to have cause a ton of places to run out of stock but I think best buy still has some left in store.

edit: I just checked again, theyre sold out but they have switch lites left online. No regular switches though.
Thank you!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Cannot find these things ANYWHERE. I want a Switch so bad and i'm not buying a used/3rd party one for $450

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
I'm torn on the idea of a new Paper Mario. The 64 version and Thousand Year Door are some of my favorite games, but that doesn't seem like the direction they want to take with the franchise, considering they were originally going to make Sticker Star into more of a TYD style game until Miyamoto came along. If that game turns out to be another Sticker Star, then I'll officially give up on that series cuz that game was complete trash

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm torn on the idea of a new Paper Mario. The 64 version and Thousand Year Door are some of my favorite games, but that doesn't seem like the direction they want to take with the franchise, considering they were originally going to make Sticker Star into more of a TYD style game until Miyamoto came along. If that game turns out to be another Sticker Star, then I'll officially give up on that series cuz that game was complete trash
Well, it should be noted that the franchise that they considered the successor to the original paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, had it's developer go under last year. So it's very possible they're going back to old school paper Mario now that Mario & Luigi is in the broom closet for now.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It's interesting how Ringfit likely would have fell into relative obscurity and be a blip on the radar under normal circumstances, but because of the Corona situation, it's selling like gangbusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad