Confirmed with Link: Nikolai Khabibulin returns to Hawks (1 yr deal)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I don't doubt that, but at the amount that we are paying Bulin we could've at least tried to get Emery signed and by the way Emery talked after signing with Philly we didnt make a very good run at him. He went from wanting to be back to now our hes in Philly and we are screwed if Crow goes down

No offense, I was a big Emery back/supporter.. but Chicago's not winning a Cup with Emery in net. Not last year, not next year, not the year after. Again, I was one of his biggest, most out-spoken supporters, but it wasn't going to happen. If Crow goes down, the Hawks are screwed either way.. so let us hope Crow doesn't.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I don't doubt that, but at the amount that we are paying Bulin we could've at least tried to get Emery signed and by the way Emery talked after signing with Philly we didnt make a very good run at him. He went from wanting to be back to now our hes in Philly and we are screwed if Crow goes down

It was reported that Emery wanted to go somewhere where he could be at least a 1A (to hopefully parlay it into a longer contract next year).

That was never going to be Chicago.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The 4 years since he left Hawks

09/10 = 7-9-2 with 3.03 GAA / .909 Sv Pct
10/11 = 10-32-4 with 3.40 GAA / .890 Sv Pct (2 SO)
11/12 = 12-20-7 with 2.65 GAA / .910 Sv Pct (2 SO)
12/13 = 4-6-1 with 2.54 GAA / .923 Sv Pct (1 SO)

Injury concerns are valid issue but he is still quality backup on ice

Those 2 Oiler teams were absolutely brutal too. He can still play, but probably not stay healthy. If we didn't have Raanta, I highly doubt we get Bulin.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Welll his cap hit is $ 2 MILL WHICH IS 566k more than Raanta.. Capgeek still has not posted the Rozsival cap hit. .showing 21 on the roster signed but not Rozsival yet mor Kruger. ..also cannot add in Leblanc..but that would be 24 EVEN IF THE remaining4.66 mil covered all 3 of them. .so you get an additional $875 k if Carcillo os waived or you get$ 575k cap savongs if Bollig waived..in any case I dp not see how Rozsival Kruger and Leblanc can fit onto th even droping Carcillo or Bollig and still get under the cap or have any cushion of several hundred k under the cap..maybe if Both Carcillo and Bollig are dropped and if Brookbank traded and replaced by a cheaper 7th d..or they carry only 6 D AND USE a cushion amount below cap to call up injury replacement...still going to be tight to the cap.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
damn glad to have him back as the fans still love the guy and he will fit in nicely here.

WELL DONE STAN B AGAIN!!!

As long as he plays 15-20 games max, he should stay healthy, give us quality starts, and help us easily make the playoffs yet again. If Crawford gets hurt for a bit or struggles, Khabi is the perfect guy to have to step in for a 3-5 game stretch and keep us in the mix until Crawford gets healthy or back on track.

Absolutely no down side here and the price is fine with me.

Judrix

Teuvo is Kane's son
Feb 24, 2010
Chicago
Stan is a genius. Loving what he's done in the offseason so far. Khabibulin didn't even cross my mind, but I love the move.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Stan does what no one thinks is coming. That's what makes him the best. A guy like Holmgren is predictable. Stan is smart, savvy, and comes in out of the blue.

The first guy I thought of when I heard we were pursuing a backup netminder was Jose Theodore. Yeah, he would have been great, but the Bulin Wall is still solid, is on a short-term, and has a comfort level playing in Chicago.

It's perfect. It gives Raanta a year in the AHL. He will be ready for the 2014-15 season.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
good signing. Khabby will be good as #2 until december or january and then goes down. Raanta comes up, gets some games while Simpson gets more games in the AHL and around th TD Khabby comes back, Raanta takes the Hogs to the POs and 14/15 we go with Raanta in the NHL

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Stan does what no one thinks is coming. That's what makes him the best. A guy like Holmgren is predictable. Stan is smart, savvy, and comes in out of the blue.

The first guy I thought of when I heard we were pursuing a backup netminder was Jose Theodore. Yeah, he would have been great, but the Bulin Wall is still solid, is on a short-term, and has a comfort level playing in Chicago.

It's perfect. It gives Raanta a year in the AHL. He will be ready for the 2014-15 season.

I agree with that post about Bowman for sure, he makes moves that aren't sexy or splashy but makes enough solid moves that complement the core so nicely.

Holmgren on the other hand has no problem luring free agents to Philly but just bombs out with the term and money aspect of it all.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Lol, didn't see this coming but I can dig it! Welcome back, Khabi!

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
It's $2M if he meets a games played bonus. At that price you gotta think it was Emery who decided to look elsewhere because we could've had him for $1.5M and he's clearly better at this point.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
It's $2M if he meets a games played bonus. At that price you gotta think it was Emery who decided to look elsewhere because we could've had him for $1.5M and he's clearly better at this point.

1)we dont' know that, its very possible one of emery's main concerns was a shot at the starting job
2)again, its one year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad