Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
After rewatching the first game, Zadorov put the Florida crowd on edge, groaning every time he went for a big hit on the corner on a Panther. Doesn't mean anything at the end of the day - just found it interesting as I haven't heard that loud of a crowd reaction to a hit by the away team in awhile and it happened a few times.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
After rewatching the first game, Zadorov put the Florida crowd on edge, groaning every time he went for a big hit on the corner on a Panther. Doesn't mean anything at the end of the day - just found it interesting as I haven't heard that loud of a crowd reaction to a hit by the away team in awhile and it happened a few times.
Panthers players looked like they were trying hard not to piss him off, he was punishing them on the boards

Reactions: Blade of Schmautz

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm still laughing at the Swayman/Suzuki interaction from last night. Swayman pushes him, Suzuki gets in his face, Swayman tells him to bring it, then Zadorov comes over and Suzuki (their captain) gets emasculated right there. Hahahaha.

Sway has been itching for a fight for a while. I have no doubt he'd throw down with a skater on the other side, never mind another goalie.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Jury's still out for me on Big Z Junior. He was top 10 in minor penalties last year so we're going to have to get used to that (so was Marchand fwiw). Feels like he can put himself out of position more than once going for hits as well. But, the hits are great and add an edge that they need. That being said, let's check back at the 20 game mark and see how all of these guys are jelling.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Jury's still out for me on Big Z Junior. He was top 10 in minor penalties last year so we're going to have to get used to that (so was Marchand fwiw). Feels like he can put himself out of position more than once going for hits as well. But, the hits are great and add an edge that they need. That being said, let's check back at the 20 game mark and see how all of these guys are jelling.
IMO, I'm not worry about him....I'm more worried about who we compare him against (Chara).

It'll take him some time to adjust, but once he simplifies his game he'll be rock solid for us....excited

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
His positioning is a little loosey goosey and I think he needs time to get acclimated more to his linemates and the Boston way of defending. But he's been very noticeable out there and isn't afraid to showcase what he brings best. I like what I've seen so far.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
His positioning is a little loosey goosey and I think he needs time to get acclimated more to his linemates and the Boston way of defending. But he's been very noticeable out there and isn't afraid to showcase what he brings best. I like what I've seen so far.
He definitely chases hits a bit too much, which is why I think he's gotta be paired with Mac or Carlo and not Peeke - I trust those two to cover for him, Peeke I do not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad