Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
He is a player that will grow on you the more you watch him IMO. I like how he responded to each question. Physical with descant skill set and a desire to win, is a formula for success

Reactions: Gordoff and BBruins

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
He's a pretty good interview, seems intelligent. Love how he corrected the interviewer about his ice time. "Well, it's lower because of penalties and sometimes getting kicked out".:laugh:
I believe he will become a fan favorite. We Bruins fans, love tough guys!

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He's a pretty good interview, seems intelligent. Love how he corrected the interviewer about his ice time. "Well, it's lower because of penalties and sometimes getting kicked out".:laugh:
I believe he will become a fan favorite. We Bruins fans, love tough guys.

I believe he will become a fan favorite. We Bruins fans, love tough guys!
Skates well N\S for such a big guy.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Why would anyone panic over water finding it's natural level? He is a third pairing guy and has been for his entire career. The money Sweeney paid him doesn't change what he is. It simply makes him overpaid.
if all the pairings are steady to better then i couldnt care less (unless we cant score at all)

Knight

Oct 7, 2010
Anybody panicked about him starting on the 3rd pair?
Nah, he looked great after the first game with some deft passes, and seemed to mesh well with Peeke. I'm sure Monty will move him around as he continues to settle in with the B's. Starting on the third pair is a safe choice for now.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
i see a lot of posts suggesting that we overpaid for our 3rd d pairing.

a quick peake at puckpedia has the bruins at about 32% of the cap dedicated to the defense (unless i read it incorrectly). there are 8 teams with a higher % dedicated to their D (and 4 other teams within one or two%). with the ever changing d pairings monty is going to use, would the overall % of cap be a better gauge on d cost than just looking at the pairing combos?

Knight

Oct 7, 2010
I'd also add that Hampus has looked healthy this preseason and seems to have regained the pep in his step, which may influence the pairings. Small sample size though.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
i see a lot of posts suggesting that we overpaid for our 3rd d pairing.

a quick peake at puckpedia has the bruins at about 32% of the cap dedicated to the defense (unless i read it incorrectly). there are 8 teams with a higher % dedicated to their D (and 4 other teams within one or two%). with the ever changing d pairings monty is going to use, would the overall % of cap be a better gauge on d cost than just looking at the pairing combos?
It's not the percentage allotted to the defense over all, its that they're paying their bottom pairing of Peeke and Zad $7.75 mill per as a cap hit. That's insane when you look at the fact that their top 6 looks like Swiss cheese. That nearly 8 mill could have and should have been used on an impact player instead of bottom pairing stiffs, who by the nature of their roles, should be low cost players. Paying them that while leaving massive holes at the top of the roster is why this team is in cap trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad