Prospect Info: Nikita Tryamkin | VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Tryamkin is not eligible to play this season at all. The window for unsigned RFAs to come to the NHL has closed for the season.

Clearly, with only one more year to become a UFA, Tree ain’t coming back here. IMO He will play one more year in Russia, and then sign with Washington or TBay.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Clearly, with only one more year to become a UFA, Tree ain’t coming back here. IMO He will play one more year in Russia, and then sign with Washington or TBay.
Or new York or Boston or los Angeles or Dallas or Winnipeg or even the wild

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If he wants to play in a certain Market I think the Canucks would be fine trading his rights there so that he could play next season if that is his wish.

If he and his wife are coming over to North America, depending on how their English is, I can understand that they would prefer to not move after 1 season, not with a very young child.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I still think this guy is going to be a stud. Sign him to a 3 yr deal, $2.5 - 3 M per. A spend little money finding out what they can do to help them acclimatize better. Otherwise in 3 or 4 years we will be kicking ourselves.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Canucks have $3m a season tied up in Benn and Hamonic.....$3m a season would easily get it done with Tryamkin.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
I still think this guy is going to be a stud. Sign him to a 3 yr deal, $2.5 - 3 M per. A spend little money finding out what they can do to help them acclimatize better. Otherwise in 3 or 4 years we will be kicking ourselves.

Yeah he's got too much upside to trade for a 5th round pick. No way we can afford to just let him walk without giving him a go

Reactions: ChilliBilly

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
The Canucks have $3m a season tied up in Benn and Hamonic.....$3m a season would easily get it done with Tryamkin.
That’s part of the money that will be used to resign Pettersson and Hughes.
I keep saying this but there is about $5m in the summer to resign Demko, Gaudette and Elder. Minimum $3M to Demko. $1.5m to Gaudette. Where’s the money for Tryamkin???

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
1) We can get him cheap
2) He's a RS Dman

If he wants to play for us, I can't see how it doesn't get done. And if he doesn't work out, no harm done.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That’s part of the money that will be used to resign Pettersson and Hughes.
I keep saying this but there is about $5m in the summer to resign Demko, Gaudette and Elder. Minimum $3M to Demko. $1.5m to Gaudette. Where’s the money for Tryamkin???
Both those guys occupy a roster spot which needs to be replaced. So that will cost at a minimum $700k and more likely closer to $1 mill each. There’s not a lot of money left to be shifted over to someone else.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Is Demko eligible to receive an offer sheet?
Yes. The only guys who are NOT are those guys who sign from the NCAA and burn an ELC year in the final few games of a season. Like Boeser and Hughes. Demko is coming off his 2nd NHL contract, so definitely eligible for an OS. But, if TB's guys didn't get one, highly doubtful we see them used.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Yes. The only guys who are NOT are those guys who sign from the NCAA and burn an ELC year in the final few games of a season. Like Boeser and Hughes. Demko is coming off his 2nd NHL contract, so definitely eligible for an OS. But, if TB's guys didn't get one, highly doubtful we see them used.
Depends I think how much respect Jim Benning has around the league. Booby Clarke (spelling intentional) gave Ryan Kesler an offer sheet that was really nothing more than a nuisance one (as the Canucks had enough cap space to match without unloading anyone *and* the Canucks were hardly in a position to be competing in any way against an Eastern Conference team). Plus Clarke had to know out lack of center prospects (Butcher's son & I think Nathan Smith were our "top C prospects" after Kesler at the time :laugh:).

Plus an offer sheet of about $4.3 million only costs that team a 2nd round pick.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

dcda995198172ab40d90bbf05beafe12.jpg

This offseason the team needs to sign Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, and fill out the rest of the roster with the spare change left from that. If they couldn't find room in the budget last year, there's no way in hell they'll be able to this year unless they fail to sign one of the big 3 I just mentioned.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
dcda995198172ab40d90bbf05beafe12.jpg

This offseason the team needs to sign Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, and fill out the rest of the roster with the spare change left from that. If they couldn't find room in the budget last year, there's no way in hell they'll be able to this year unless they fail to sign one of the big 3 I just mentioned.
Last year the problem wasn't money for a contract, it was the fact that no one knew if and when there would be league games. Tryamkin really had no choice but to sign in russia for another year. And yes I know we have no money; sign him and then see what you can do. Sure going to be nice to have to have LE, roussel, Beagle and Luongo come off the books next year ... I just hope the moron in charge finally realizes that there is a real advantage to having cap space available, and not blow it all on overpaid UFA's.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
We easily have 2.5mil to sign this guy, even a bit more if we want. The main problem I see is that we have too many LHD. I seem to recall Tryamkin playing some RSD, can anyone comment?

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
We easily have 2.5mil to sign this guy, even a bit more if we want. The main problem I see is that we have too many LHD. I seem to recall Tryamkin playing some RSD, can anyone comment?

He mostly played RD here as a Canuck, and said the right side was his preference / where he played best.
Even though yes, he's a lefty.

Reactions: supercanuck

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Theres been what one offersheet over the last 7-8 years. The owners and teams collude with each other to prevent this stuff from really happening anymore. That said, if we were to get screwed by one this offseason it should put the final nail in the coffin on how low the other owners think of Aquilini and his hopes of OBC Benning trying to get into the country club. We are still the only team paying a recapture penalty for Luongo with how many other shady retirements

Reactions: LordBacon and petka

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
He mostly played RD here as a Canuck, and said the right side was his preference / where he played best.
Even though yes, he's a lefty.

I knew there was something like that, yet I did recall us playing him on the left side. I could be misremembering though, I sure hope I am!

If he can hold down a RSD spot he becomes far more coveted, as we already have Edler, Hughes, Juolevi, and Rathbone on the left.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I knew there was something like that, yet I did recall us playing him on the left side. I could be misremembering though, I sure hope I am!

If he can hold down a RSD spot he becomes far more coveted, as we already have Edler, Hughes, Juolevi, and Rathbone on the left.
I’d bring tryamkin over on a 1-2 year deal at 1.5M per. If he shows well on the right side, after 1 season I’d look to trade schmidt for a top 4RHD. We can’t have 5 of our 6 dmen be lefties. Unless edler is gone this off-season or next and his replacement is a rhd of course. Then schmidt or tryamkin can be moved to the left side but doubt that happens since we have to make room for Rathbone

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I’d bring tryamkin over on a 1-2 year deal at 1.5M per. If he shows well on the right side, I’d look to trade schmidt for a top 4RHD. We can’t have 5 of our 6 dmen be lefties.

What was he making in the KHL last season? Does anyone know? I think if we want to sign him beyond a year, which we absolutely should, we will need to increase his salary a bit. If he doesn't play well we can always waive him, he'll just go back to Russia rather than play in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad