Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I still stand by him never coming back. Despite any optics of his coach taking the captaincy from him or anything, what has really changed?

His wife isn't going to be any more comfortable in Vancouver after 2+ years back home. The Canucks aren't flush with Russian players for her to have a support group when Nikita is on the road for 41 games a year.

Tryamkin is getting paid better in the KHL then he would be here, and that will probably only rise. He's also generally the high minute man on his team. If he comes back to Vancouver he's not going to get that same treatment, he'll have to earn the trust of Green's. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to do that but does he have the motivation to come back and start over?

Plus i'm not sure that there isn't some ill feeling towards some or all of the management group. Yeah he didn't like how WD coached, but he was fired and Tryamkin still left. Whoever it was trying to turn him into Pronger 2.0 is probably still here, still armed with his best of chris pronger vhs tapes for Tryamkin to study.

But I get it, as long as he still has a picture of him in a Canuck's jersey on instagram, there's a chance.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I still stand by him never coming back. Despite any optics of his coach taking the captaincy from him or anything, what has really changed?

His wife isn't going to be any more comfortable in Vancouver after 2+ years back home. The Canucks aren't flush with Russian players for her to have a support group when Nikita is on the road for 41 games a year.

Tryamkin is getting paid better in the KHL then he would be here, and that will probably only rise. He's also generally the high minute man on his team. If he comes back to Vancouver he's not going to get that same treatment, he'll have to earn the trust of Green's. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to do that but does he have the motivation to come back and start over?

Plus i'm not sure that there isn't some ill feeling towards some or all of the management group. Yeah he didn't like how WD coached, but he was fired and Tryamkin still left. Whoever it was trying to turn him into Pronger 2.0 is probably still here, still armed with his best of chris pronger vhs tapes for Tryamkin to study.

But I get it, as long as he still has a picture of him in a Canuck's jersey on instagram, there's a chance.
Sounds pretty high maintenance to me...He can stay back in Russia then.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
@Etteduag ot Reseob

Let's talk about Tryamkin. I totally get where you're coming from dude but listen. When he came over he was just a young kid. Same age as Gaudette is now! Only 21 years old. Those 21 years were spent in Russia so imagine the culture shock of coming to Canada. What a DIFFERENCE. Same with his wife! She was very young and not everyone is ready to leave home at that age. PLUS, remember how bad Willie Desjardins was? Maybe he thought that's how all coaches were in the NHL. He's kind of correct too because look at Travis Green only giving Gaudette low ice time. YES he was confident, maybe some would say cocky. BUT. That's what we want, we want confident players who STRONGLY BELIEVE they should play 20+ minutes a game. Give the kid a chance man. I think he's a really good player and his intangibles will eventually grow into his frame. He's so big, and he's a fast skater, he can keep up with all the good NHL players and he can be a HUGE part of our team. So please, I know you get lots of haters and that's why you're one of my favorite posters because you handle them with great intangibles. Think about what I said and please consider giving this kid TBT a chance and soon I bet you will be thinking about changing your name to Tryamkin 2 Hughes because that would be a MONSTER of a top pairing.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Sounds pretty high maintenance to me...He can stay back in Russia then.

Silly and short-sighted IMO

If he's high maintenance you build him up as much as possible before shipping him off for some assets, then you let someone else have to deal with him.

Maintenance costs are irrelevant if you're just a construction company.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
You still think he will come back after hearing news pot is legal in Canada now? lol
He will not come back even if the Canucks are half better in a few years.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

How much was 3yr contract worth per yr?

I would surprised if it was more than 500k/yr..

KHL cane come close to offering NHL salaries to more than a 2-3 players per team...

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver

Most of your post is utter garbage, but I will point out one point that you obviously know nothing about.

Tryamkin is not making anywhere near what he'd make here in Vancouver. It was estimated that Tryamkin is making somewhere between 300-400k/year in the KHL. You simply have no idea what players are making in the KHL, however I have posted in the past what the top paid players in the KHL are making.... almost all of the players in the KHL, save for a few stars (Datsyuk, etc) are making well under 1 million/year. We have already shown that Tryamkin would make more money THIS YEAR if he bought out the remainder of his contract and took the loss to do so and then signed with the Canucks. And then every year after this year he'd make probably 4-5 times as much at minimum. This is also factoring in the fact that he'd be paying taxes here and not there. He's probably now just realizing this.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Hope we see him back. prefer 19-20 but whatever. Vancouver is in better shape drafting wise without him. By the time he comes back, if he does, we will be a bunch different team. juolevi Hughes and Tryamkin added to the current crowd and the D is no longer a problem.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

What has changed is that he and his wife are older and Tryamkin has since been a KHL all star. He can leave the KHL thinking he has proven himself to be one of the best Dman in the KHL. There is a new coach who is playing Goldobin, a player he felt WD should have been playing. If Goldobin has a good season under Green, I can see him convincing Tryamkin that Green is different from WD.

The NHL is considered the best league in the world for Russian hockey players and most want to at least prove that they can play in the NHL.

In terms of money, I think Tryamkin's earning potential would be higher in the NHL. If he comes back he will have to sign a 1-2 year contract where he won't be made all that much, but if he establishes himself as a top 4 Dman, he's getting $4M+ for his UFA years, which I think would be more than what he can make in the KHL (granted taxes may skew things a bit).

I think Tryamkin will make another attempt at the NHL. Whether he ends up doing that with the Canucks is a different story.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
@Etteduag ot Reseob

Let's talk about Tryamkin. I totally get where you're coming from dude but listen. When he came over he was just a young kid. Same age as Gaudette is now! Only 21 years old. Those 21 years were spent in Russia so imagine the culture shock of coming to Canada. What a DIFFERENCE. Same with his wife! She was very young and not everyone is ready to leave home at that age. PLUS, remember how bad Willie Desjardins was? Maybe he thought that's how all coaches were in the NHL. He's kind of correct too because look at Travis Green only giving Gaudette low ice time. YES he was confident, maybe some would say cocky. BUT. That's what we want, we want confident players who STRONGLY BELIEVE they should play 20+ minutes a game. Give the kid a chance man. I think he's a really good player and his intangibles will eventually grow into his frame. He's so big, and he's a fast skater, he can keep up with all the good NHL players and he can be a HUGE part of our team. So please, I know you get lots of haters and that's why you're one of my favorite posters because you handle them with great intangibles. Think about what I said and please consider giving this kid TBT a chance and soon I bet you will be thinking about changing your name to Tryamkin 2 Hughes because that would be a MONSTER of a top pairing.
Hey thanks for the well thought out response buddy, really appreciate it. Yeah your probably right, ughh embarrassing, bad goalie and bill in seattle van have told me the same in the past. Yeah maybe I was annoyed the way he left and where he went to but maybe there not all that way and there is some reason for him feeling odd being in a different place then he knows. Plus yeah Willie D really melted down that year, but Im not totally sold on the idea that Coach Green is as bad as him, i have faith in Coach Green still

Yeah i will toner down and not LASH out at him like that again. I take it back. Hopefully he comes back here and lights up the league for us

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

He is getting paid better in the KHL? That’s news to me and probably everyone else here

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
His take home is probably about the same as a player earning 1.2 to 1.5 million in the NHL. Russia has a 13% income tax and i'm sure the cost of living is a lot less. That said if he believes in himself (which should be a no brainer looking at our defense) and can be a top4 earning 4-5 million a year the NHL is the smart financial move by a long shot..........he would be an idiot to not come back knowing that Travis Green is giving ice time for those that deserve it and he has Nikolaj Goldobin as a comrade.

Yes go ahead flush 2-3 million a year down the toilet because you dont like the smell of pot? That is the most idiotic thing i've ever heard considering he could buy a house and yard anywhere in Vancouver and just sell it when he's done. Frankly if he's that stupid we probably don't want him.

Reactions: Numba9 and Nomobo

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Yes go ahead flush 2-3 million a year down the toilet because you dont like the smell of pot? That is the most idiotic thing i've ever heard considering
I'd guess it's just an excuse he's using instead of revealing the real reasons why he's over there instead of here (for the very reason you gave). As to the 'real reason'? Take your pick (eg., management, some other problem he has for the city, etc.,).

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
13% and he's not on the top30 KHL earnings list.

Max take home using this info would be 870k.

Report: List of 30 highest-paid KHLers revealed - Sportsnet.ca

I think I have read somewhere that he was earning somewhere between 1 and 2 million a year but dont pin me down on this. And even if I could remember exactly what was reported it wouldnt make it any more legit. Salary information from the KHL is tough to get and even for the top guys the speculated salary can differ by millions depending on who you ask. I would guess there are a lot of "side-businesses" on going.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Oh also, dont forget about lower living costs.
yes i can see it at first............expensive city, culture shock. GF isnt happy, no family, rains all the time, pot smell from idiot neighbors, language barrier, no tight friends, coach is a tool box who gives ice time based on favoritism all for basically the same pay.

Go back for a few years develop get close to free agent status and then make enough where its worth the BS, whatever it is. He's buddies with Goldobin by the sounds of it...he'll be back.

Were talking about leaving 10-30 million on the table. He's not a depth guy

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
yes i can see it at first............expensive city, culture shock. GF isnt happy, no family, rains all the time, pot smell from idiot neighbors, language barrier, no tight friends, coach is a tool box who gives ice time based on favoritism all for basically the same pay.

Go back for a few years develop get close to free agent status and then make enough where its worth the BS, whatever it is. He's buddies with Goldobin by the sounds of it...he'll be back.

Were talking about leaving 10-30 million on the table. He's not a depth guy
Guy has always been a coward. I wish we could trades his rights for a pick and move on

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

I was with your arguments for awhile, but there's not a chance in the world Tryamkin is earning more in the KHL than he could earn in the NHL. He's already burned off his entry-level contract so the Canucks can sign him to whatever contract number they want. He's undoubtedly at a point now where he's losing a lot of money if he continues to play in the KHL.

So his wife may hate this place; and he may dislike the potheads in VanCity, but money always talks. If his agent is doing his due diligence he'll be looking to get him back the NHL as soon as possible.

Reactions: sting101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad