Confirmed with Link: Nikita Tryamkin returns to the KHL (signs 3-year deal with Avtomobilist)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Skille

Jan 23, 2017
Trollhättan
Homesick? The coach hates me? Suck it up dude, you are an adult making millions. The kid is just immature emotionally. He will be back sooner or later once the KHL/Russian oligarch reality sets in.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Maybe the Big guy goes home no matter what Willie, JB, and
TL do?

Maybe, but we all know how Willie handled ice time distribution and how he commented about his play at times. Also, there was that one Russian interview where he outright said he wasn't happy about his ice time.

Willie has been a bad coach for a while, and Linden and Benning backed him and his decisions in December.

Don't draft Russians if you're going to treat them poorly.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Pretty sad and pathetic.
It might have been management and homesickness that drove him away.. But it's the **** poor fans of this team that will guarantee he will stay away.

Hear here!

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Holy.

Tryamkin owes absolutely ZERO loyalty to the Canucks.

Why anyone would expect him to treat a team he played for a season and a bit as his own is beyond me.

If Tryamkin is a legit top 4 D, a team like Toronto who correctly scouted Zaitsev would certainly have taken notice of Tryamkin and signed him.

Jimbo was on the ball in terms of drafting him so that he could have first crack at him. Unfortunately Jimbo crapped the bed and here we are.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Dont want him back, you dont walk out on your team

Uh, no.....he didn't have a contract with the Canucks....his original two-year entry-level deal had expired...so he was free to sign anywhere in Europe...heck he could have gone to Sweden or Finland if he'd wanted to.

Posters can disparage Nikita all they want to, but the bottom line is this....Tryamkin was a bonafide top-two d-man prospect on a team which is rebuilding, and desperately needs impact players at virtually every position.....and they lost him for nothing.

I have no idea what the KHL is paying him, but the Canucks could have made it financially worthwhile for him to stay....heck if they can't outbid a KHL team in a factory city in eastern Russia, then something's wrong. Money talks.....but having a competent management team would also help.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Uh, no.....he didn't have a contract with the Canucks....his original two-year entry-level deal had expired...so he was free to sign anywhere in Europe...heck he could have gone to Sweden or Finland if he'd wanted to.

Posters can disparage Nikita all they want to, but the bottom line is this....Tryamkin was a bonafide top-two d-man prospect on a team which is rebuilding, and desperately needs impact players at virtually every position.....and they lost him for nothing.

I have no idea what the KHL is paying him, but the Canucks could have made it financially worthwhile for him to stay....heck if they can't outbid a KHL team in a factory city in eastern Russia, then something's wrong. Money talks.....but having a competent management team would also help.

They did lose him for nothing...and no..money didn't talk in this instance..He was homesick,and going home,end of story....According to Linden,they knew well in advance that this could happen...it did.and both parties involved parted ways amicably......

Of course some people are trying to create drama where there isn't any...Hopefully we will see him back here in 2 or 3 years.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
No point crying over spilled milk.

He is not going to be here for the next 3 years at least. maybe never.

lets move on .

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Dont want him back, you dont walk out on your team

He walked out on his team to come play for the Canucks. Is he exiled from Russia?

People or need to calm down... I'm frustrating by this too, but the guy has a choice and he made it. He may come back some day, and I'd welcome him back. Him leaving I doubt was anything personal, we shouldn't take it so personally.

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
He walked out on his team to come play for the Canucks. Is he exiled from Russia?

People or need to calm down... I'm frustrating by this too, but the guy has a choice and he made it. He may come back some day, and I'd welcome him back. Him leaving I doubt was anything personal, we shouldn't take it so personally.

Lots of fans would welcome him back. Nothing wrong with that.

What about the guys in the locker room ? Alot of them worked really hard with him all season making sure he was part of the group. Now he is going to bail for the bad years and come back smelling like a rose. I doubt that flys.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Holy.

Tryamkin owes absolutely ZERO loyalty to the Canucks.

Why anyone would expect him to treat a team he played for a season and a bit as his own is beyond me.

If Tryamkin is a legit top 4 D, a team like Toronto who correctly scouted Zaitsev would certainly have taken notice of Tryamkin and signed him.

Jimbo was on the ball in terms of drafting him so that he could have first crack at him. Unfortunately Jimbo crapped the bed and here we are.

This is an excellent post...Zaitsev just signed a seven-year contract extension for $4.5m a season with the Leafs coming out of his entry-level deal......I have no idea what Jimbo put on the table for Tryamkin, but if you were choosing between the two in terms of upside, it's 'no-contest' imo....Tryamkin was more important to the Canucks than Zaitsev is to the Leafs.

And do you want to bet that now Tryamkin is gone, Jimbo puts similar money and term on the table for Eric Gudbranson...it's enough to make you want to cry.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Lots of fans would welcome him back. Nothing wrong with that.

What about the guys in the locker room ? Alot of them worked really hard with him all season making sure he was part of the group. Now he is going to bail for the bad years and come back smelling like a rose. I doubt that flys.

lol I highly doubt millionaire athletes will care if a player leaves the organization for his own personal reasons.

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
lol I highly doubt millionaire athletes will care if a player leaves the organization for his own personal reasons.

Alot of Nhlers hate each other for less stuff. Look at Kesler and Umberger.

What does money have todo with it. You never played on a team and have someone leave the come back ? I have some times it works some times it doesnt. All about pack mentality

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I think the issue with Tryamkin was that (and i'm totally guessing here) is that he would have wanted $4m+ or some kind of premium to stay.

If he didn't get that premium, he just preferred home for his wife and family. And that's totally fine... I just hope he had some conversations with his Canuck teammates (mainly Bo) so that there's no sourgrapes when he does decide to come back with his teammates.

Having Juolevi in the pipeline definitely eases the pain of his departure though.... Hopefully Juolevi is ready to go. If not, i'm all in for Dahlin sweepstakes.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
They did lose him for nothing...and no..money didn't talk in this instance..He was homesick,and going home,end of story....According to Linden,they knew well in advance that this could happen...it did.and both parties involved parted ways amicably......

Of course some people are trying to create drama where there isn't any...Hopefully we will see him back here in 2 or 3 years.

There's no need for drama here. Looking at it from a binary perspective the simple matter of fact is that we had a good quality piece for the franchise and lost it for nothing. While we can't know the exact mindset of the player, the external factors related to the team that do fall on management and coaching did a **** poor job of creating a team/environment that is accommodating to the player.

For all we know he could have had a really good year in Toronto like Zaitsev and still felt homesick, choosing to go back. Or alternatively, it could have directly been the experience of playing for the Canucks that made him feel 'homesick', wanting to get out of here at the first opportunity available. Or something in between the two extremes.

Point is we don't really know, but the player did have a laundry list of issues with the Canucks and at the end of the day a loss is a loss.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

Honestly with every stitch of media coming out the woodwork to mention this. I can't help but only blame management for this. If you had previous information your wife was cheating on you and planning to take you to the cleaners with divorce. Wouldn't you preemptively make appointments with lawyers? I would.
If I had previous information that Tryamkin wasn't happy here, I'd be going through every possible scenario to keep him happy and here, the kid is probably the single most talented defence prospect we have right now, he combines a bit of everything you want from a defenceman and skates like a 5'9 scoring winger. People crying about him leaving I'm guessing have never left home to go to a job in a place you've never been. Hell I'd accept those who have done this but in the same country. Same province even.
Now we know how long he's there, I wanna know how much money for. Then I wanna know the Canucks offer, I've posed the question to every piece of Vancouver media I could with no response, and that's more telling than an answer. As I fully expect the Canucks trying to force the classic Granlund style bridge contract down his throat rather than say something closer to the Subban bridge of 2.5-2.8 million per for 2 years. People also need to remember than Vancouver is considered one of Top5 most expensive cities to live in!

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Honestly with every stitch of media coming out the woodwork to mention this. I can't help but only blame management for this. If you had previous information your wife was cheating on you and planning to take you to the cleaners with divorce. Wouldn't you preemptively make appointments with lawyers? I would.
If I had previous information that Tryamkin wasn't happy here, I'd be going through every possible scenario to keep him happy and here, the kid is probably the single most talented defence prospect we have right now, he combines a bit of everything you want from a defenceman and skates like a 5'9 scoring winger. People crying about him leaving I'm guessing have never left home to go to a job in a place you've never been. Hell I'd accept those who have done this but in the same country. Same province even.
Now we know how long he's there, I wanna know how much money for. Then I wanna know the Canucks offer, I've posed the question to every piece of Vancouver media I could with no response, and that's more telling than an answer. As I fully expect the Canucks trying to force the classic Granlund style bridge contract down his throat rather than say something closer to the Subban bridge of 2.5-2.8 million per for 2 years. People also need to remember than Vancouver is considered one of Top5 most expensive cities to live in!
Yeah.. Great points. Exactly! There's gotta be someone who knows what the Canucks offered.

If it was a matter between a bridge contract of $2 to 2.5m and something enormous like 4 to 4.75m.... I still don't get what the problem was (#1 - we have the cap space.... #2 - he has a unique skillset that is unparalleled in the NHL)...

If he went back to his KHL team for $2m+, I get it.. same money + familiar environment... If he went back to his KHL team for $875k to $1.75m, it's pretty telling that he didn't like the makeup of our team's players or coach or mgmt.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

Quoting Linden as one's source for anything, unfortunately, only serves to weaken one's argument rather than strengthen.

Trevor's credibility IMO and I believe in a lot of poster's opinion is at an all time low at this point of time.

If you feel otherwise, I'm all ears.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Kinda, but IMO he's gone for good and we shouldn't hinge any future plans on him coming back.

Well, I don't think this management team is in any danger of altering their more-than-a-year-out-let-alone-three-years strategic plans.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Yeah.. Great points. Exactly! There's gotta be someone who knows what the Canucks offered.

If it was a matter between a bridge contract of $2 to 2.5m and something enormous like 4 to 4.75m.... I still don't get what the problem was (#1 - we have the cap space.... #2 - he has a unique skillset that is unparalleled in the NHL)...

If he went back to his KHL team for $2m+, I get it.. same money + familiar environment... If he went back to his KHL team for $875k to $1.75m, it's pretty telling that he didn't like the makeup of our team's players or coach or mgmt.

Well I'm not married or from Russia (last name originates there though) but my choice would be to play in the NHL, now when I look at it from my experiences working away from home. Well that changes the game completely, sure I made more money (typical in trades) but I experienced less downtime I enjoyed. Who is to say that a Tryamkin felt he didn't fit into Vancouver as a whole, let alone the Canucks. At the same time, all my married friends say happy wife = happy life. So I understand if it was purely personal decision for family.
Do I wish he stayed? Of course, kid was quickly replace Bo as the jersey I was gonna buy. 88 also my number, but I loved his game. Talented, smart and still growing into his physical abilities. Do I feel the 3 year term this contract in Russia is a dagger to the heart? Completely. Do I want him to play well and have a good life? Of course, kid deserves it. Will I welcome him back with a beach reunion style slow motion running scene like hug? Of course. I'd love him back on this team.
I won't hate him unless he chooses say the Oilers or Leafs to return to the NHL with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad