Value of: NIKITA KUCHEROV Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Now, don't get me wrong. I love Kucherov. He's worth the money that people think he should get. But he's only played three seasons. He's 23 years old. In respect to guys like Hedman and Stamkos, they had to wait a good while before they cashed out. I don't agree with the notion of seeing him get Hedman money RIGHT NOW.

Two things.
1) Hedmans also been one of the best bargain contracts in the league over the last couple of years when it comes to top level D.
2) Stamkos "cashed out" on his 2nd contract when he earned 7.5m a year for 5 years coming off of his ELC.

Temppu

Nov 28, 2009
In respect to guys like Hedman and Stamkos, they had to wait a good while before they cashed out. I don't agree with the notion of seeing him get Hedman money RIGHT NOW.

First of all, Hedman took 3 years to develop. After his ELC ran out, he was not the player he is now.

Second, Stamkos cashed immediately after ELC. He was on 8mil/year after 3 seasons.

I do not get how one of the best players in a team, coming out to end of his ELC, is a level of player Kucherov is and people here think it is going to be 3mil/year player. I understand that RFA is not UFA, but surely you want a long term contract which cuts into the UFA years? If he keeps up this production, he will be 8mil/year player in free market.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I don't know what kind of numbers you guys are coming up with but man, if we could get him under 5 million it'd be done already, and probably 8 years :laugh:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think they can buyout Callahan. If they do next summer, in the following 3 seasons they'll have between 3 and 5m in dead cap space.

Callahan is not going anywhere. Still a big part of this team. Guy played through a major injury last year but previously had a career season in the first season with Tampa. People are ignorant at best if they think Tampa wants to move him even if they could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad