Value of: NIKITA KUCHEROV Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
It's difficult to say who we should lose. Stamkos would have been my pick for a plethora of reasons but that ship has sailed. Kucherov is the only one remaining who is almost certainly safe. Drouin might end up the best forward on the team but he's also going to be the most difficult to resign and if his attitude problems resurface that might argue for his exit. Johnson has durability concerns, is the most dependent on his linemates, and is arguably the easiest to replace but he plays the most valuable position and has fantastic chemistry with Kucherov. Palat just makes everybody on the ice with him better but his postseason production leaves a bit to be desired. And Killorn has been ordinary in the regular season but turns into a beast in the playoffs.

Personally I'd lose Killorn first, simply because Drouin's potential is too great and I hate the idea of breaking up the Triplets. If he isn't enough I might go with Johnson next, as Namestnikov or Point could potentially replace him and Drouin's and Palat's skillsets are simply too rare and difficult to replace. Either way we'll really need Stamkos and Palat to step up their games in the playoffs as Johnson and Killorn have been our second and third best postseason scorers respectively over the past two years. Palat at least contributes in other ways, but unless Stamkos suddenly turns into a playoff beast his signing is going to look like a massive mistake on Yzerman's part going forward.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Jeez, how is this team going to keep all it's stars. Hedman, Stamkos, Kucherov, Palat, Johnsson, etc and soon Drouin. Tamba is going to suffer cap hit worse than the Hawks in the coming years. The fans must hate it while trying to figure out a way out of the cap ceiling.

The salary cap is manageable if you're not caught with horrendous contracts ala Clarkson. With Matt Carle off the books TB doesnt have any horrible contracts safe for maybe Callahan but a buyout is likely in his case.

They will be able to keep their core. I think T.Johnson will get moved because of Stamkos and aside from that everybody should be able to fit in. Keep in mind TB has been drafting well and should be able to fill in some holes with rookies.

Suppose this squad in 2018-19:
Drouin (7.0) - Stamkos (8.5) - Killorn (4.0)
Palat (5.5) - Namestnikov (2.5) - Kucherov (7.5)
JT Brown (1.5) - Brayden Point (1.5) - Callahan (5.8)
Katchouk (1.0) - Paquette (1.0) - Erne (1.0)

Hedman (7.9) - Stralman (4.5)
Coburn (3.7) - Sustr (2.0)
Nesterov (2.0) - Koekkoek (2.0)

Vasilevski (3.5)
Gudlevskis (1.0)

Carle buyout 1.83

TOTAL is $75.23M so if we project the cap to go up a bit they will be fine. And that's if they keep Callahan/Coburn.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
If he maintains his level of play, or steps it up even, he is in for one heck of a nice payday. I wouldn't say quite Vladdy T type money just yet, maybe if he blows up this year, but not yet. TB will lose one of the triplets there no real doubt there now that Stammer signed. Its just a matter of which one SY wants to part ways with.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
My feeling is that they want to do the same deal they did with Johnson and Palat. 3 years at 10 mil, because by then they will have plenty of cap to resign him long term.

For me, I think he can get a 8 year 60 mil deal, the same deal that Vladimir Tarasenko got, but if they do that, they would run into the risk of losing 1 of Palat, Johnson & Drouin. They can resign him, but I think a bridge deal for 3 years will be the best option, because by then they will only have 1 year left of Callahan and Filppula will be off the books.

what do you guys think?

A) 3 years 10 mil
B) 8 years 60 mil
C) 2 years 10 mil
D) 2 years 12 mil
E) other

A + C aren't even close

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You guys are insane, he's not breaking the 7m mark imo

It won't be far off, especially long-term. Kucherov has been the biggest bargain of the league for last 2 seasons. Best production per caphit by country mile.

And always when I watch Tampa play, he is their best player. Scoring chance machine with his smart passing/shooting.

Who has most playoff points from last 2 seasons?

Yes, it's him.

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
Steve Yzerman has set a salary structure with Stamkos at 8.5, Hedman at 8 right after and now I believe their next best player kucherov at the 7 or below mark

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
In Kucherov's case, it would be smart to avoid the bridge deal.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-gms-need-say-goodbye-bridge-contract/

If you don't avoid it, he will expensive as hell after it.
One thing a lot of people seem to forget, Hedman just got his big boy contract signed...

After making 4M for three seasons. I'm not talking about his cap hit, I'm talking about his base salary. At age 26, which will be his 9th season in the NHL, he'll be making $7.8M a year.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Kucherov. He's worth the money that people think he should get. But he's only played three seasons. He's 23 years old. In respect to guys like Hedman and Stamkos, they had to wait a good while before they cashed out. I don't agree with the notion of seeing him get Hedman money RIGHT NOW.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Holy cow guys. I know he's someone that Tampa can't afford to let go but you're flat out insane if you think you're going to convince me that he's going to sign for 7M+ per season. The GMs around the NHL would be SO pissed and it would put Tampa in a really bad situation.

I honestly don't know how they're going to resign all these brilliant players they've got.
I think that a 10M 2 year bridge deal is WAY more than enough to satisfy the kid. It's like 7 times the money he was currently making, he's not paying nearly as much tax as players on most of the other teams in the NHL and he gets to enjoy playing for a winning team.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Like Stamkos and Hedman, he will sign for less than people think he will. He doesn't want to lose his other triplet bros Palat and Johnson.

HowSweeeedeItIs

Jan 19, 2014
San Francisco
I still think 6 x 6 is what it will take. He was our best forward last year, but he has only been good for two seasons, so the sample size is still pretty small. Something should happen before Killorn is up for arbitration on July 20.

Isles Drive For 5

Aug 20, 2014
My feeling is that they want to do the same deal they did with Johnson and Palat. 3 years at 10 mil, because by then they will have plenty of cap to resign him long term.

For me, I think he can get a 8 year 60 mil deal, the same deal that Vladimir Tarasenko got, but if they do that, they would run into the risk of losing 1 of Palat, Johnson & Drouin. They can resign him, but I think a bridge deal for 3 years will be the best option, because by then they will only have 1 year left of Callahan and Filppula will be off the books.

what do you guys think?

Trade to Islanders for
de Haan, MDC and a 1st + 3rd. Gives bolts some $$ breathing room and Islanders some hope

As an Isles fan, I would do this trade, think it works well for both teams

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa

what do you guys think?

Trade to Islanders for
de Haan, MDC and a 1st + 3rd. Gives bolts some $$ breathing room and Islanders some hope
Who exactly are you proposing to be traded? Kucherov? You freaking wish, bud. If Hedman and Stamkos' contracts don't show that this team wants to stick together, and will take a hometown discount in order to keep the core together, then I guess nothing will convince you people until they sign on the dotted line.

If we have to lose guys like Killer, then we'll certainly explore that route before we lose Drej, TJ or Drouin.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Killorn 7yrs--4.45 mil per.

Killorn's a very good player but Kucherov IMO blows him away. With Kucherov, Johnson and Palat to come Tampa's going to have to lose at least a couple contracts from Bishop, Filppula, Callahan, Garrison, Coburn--all older guys with multiple years (with the exception of Bishop who has one year left) left on expensive contracts.

FWIW it's not unheard of in an expansion draft that the expanding team--in this case Las Vegas will make a deal with another team to take a player they want to get rid of--say Callahan with the idea that Tampa later gives them some sweet deal like a 2nd round pick for a marginal player. That's an avenue to get rid of one guy anyway.

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
Killorn 7yrs--4.45 mil per.

Killorn's a very good player but Kucherov IMO blows him away. With Kucherov, Johnson and Palat to come Tampa's going to have to lose at least a couple contracts from Bishop, Filppula, Callahan, Garrison, Coburn--all older guys with multiple years (with the exception of Bishop who has one year left) left on expensive contracts.

FWIW it's not unheard of in an expansion draft that the expanding team--in this case Las Vegas will make a deal with another team to take a player they want to get rid of--say Callahan with the idea that Tampa later gives them some sweet deal like a 2nd round pick for a marginal player. That's an avenue to get rid of one guy anyway.
LV is going to take the best player available you guys are in a tough spot with Bishop in my opinion he is looking for an extension of 7x7 with cap restraints and a contract that will be an over 35 teams are reluctant to take and Imo he is one of the best in the game right now

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
LV is going to take the best player available you guys are in a tough spot with Bishop in my opinion he is looking for an extension of 7x7 with cap restraints and a contract that will be an over 35 teams are reluctant to take and Imo he is one of the best in the game right now

We're already resigned to losing Bishop next summer. It'll suck to see him go but with the cap going flat the way it has we just can't afford to give that kind of deal to him.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Should sign him long term as fast as possible. He is still just 23 and still improving + the addition of Drouin will likely boost his point totals even more. Our PP was absolute garbage last year because we had no one who could effectively run it and if there's one thing Drouin showed in the playoffs it's that he can run a PP. If we sign him to a Johnson/Palat-esque deal we'll very likely have to pay him some serious money when that deal runs out. Move out Filppula and Bishop and that will be enough room for him and his 6-7 million dollar cap hit.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
The salary cap is manageable if you're not caught with horrendous contracts ala Clarkson. With Matt Carle off the books TB doesnt have any horrible contracts safe for maybe Callahan but a buyout is likely in his case.

I don't think they can buyout Callahan. If they do next summer, in the following 3 seasons they'll have between 3 and 5m in dead cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad