Value of: NIKITA KUCHEROV Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mhstudios

May 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
My feeling is that they want to do the same deal they did with Johnson and Palat. 3 years at 10 mil, because by then they will have plenty of cap to resign him long term.

For me, I think he can get a 8 year 60 mil deal, the same deal that Vladimir Tarasenko got, but if they do that, they would run into the risk of losing 1 of Palat, Johnson & Drouin. They can resign him, but I think a bridge deal for 3 years will be the best option, because by then they will only have 1 year left of Callahan and Filppula will be off the books.

what do you guys think?

A) 3 years 10 mil
B) 8 years 60 mil
C) 2 years 10 mil
D) 2 years 12 mil
E) other

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
If I were Tampa I would go with the tarasenko contract because had we signed him to a two or three year deal then he would have been asking for 9-10 million on his next contract.

nikyc

Nov 16, 2011
If I were Tampa I would go with the tarasenko contract because had we signed him to a two or three year deal then he would have been asking for 9-10 million on his next contract.

That is true, but at the same time it gives Tampa wiggle room until others are off the books. Kucherov will be getting his payday after that and for long term. Probably around 8-9 million per year. By then he will also have proven he is worth it.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Tampa fans keep telling us he's better than stamkos...not sure where the $3,$4,$5 million avv is coming from.

Deserves about an 8x8 IMO.

Reactions: Burt Macklin

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He deserves and most likely gets a long term deal, but someone has to be bridged eventually (or traded). It's out of him and Drouin, and it will likely be Drouin.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
My feeling is that they want to do the same deal they did with Johnson and Palat. 3 years at 10 mil, because by then they will have plenty of cap to resign him long term.

For me, I think he can get a 8 year 60 mil deal, the same deal that Vladimir Tarasenko got, but if they do that, they would run into the risk of losing 1 of Palat, Johnson & Drouin. They can resign him, but I think a bridge deal for 3 years will be the best option, because by then they will only have 1 year left of Callahan and Filppula will be off the books.

what do you guys think?

A) 3 years 10 mil
B) 8 years 60 mil
C) 2 years 10 mil
D) 2 years 12 mil
E) other

There's not a chance in hell he signs for anything nearly as cheap as 3.3m - and sure as **** even if he does do something stupid and sign that cheaply, it certainly wouldn't be for 3 years.

I could see something like 2-3 x 6m. That would keep him as a RFA and still pay him. But he just had back to back 30g/60+ pt seasons and is 23. He's going to get paid.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I think 8m minimum. Your paying a premium for a guy who steps up in the playoffs.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If it's short term like two years---I can't see him getting less than $4.5 mil per year---and that seems a little low. Two straight years of over 60 points---the last two playoffs he's put up over 40 points. He's a legit star--a legit first line player.

If you went 5-6 years--I'd say about $6.5 mil per.

He ain't going to be cheap. As a Rangers fan JT Miller just got a $2.7 mil for two years off one 40 point season and that was fair in my eyes but there were some who thought he was going to get more. Compare Miller to Kucherov--Kucherov should get quite a lot more.

It's going to be Yzerman's problem to figure out how he's going to hang on to all of Kucherov, Johnson, Palat, Killorn and Drouin. He could save at least one of them dependent on moving Bishop without taking a lot of salary back and turning the goalie crease over to Vasilevskiy. Their future cap problems probably are not going to be all that different from other teams who have sustained success who haven't been able to hang on to everybody. It is what it is---when players do well they make more money--and the more of them you have the more and more difficult it becomes to hold it all together.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
He's a fine player but geez, he's got 67 career goals. These numbers need to come way down.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
He's a fine player but geez, he's got 67 career goals. These numbers need to come way down.

Career stats aren't the best thing to look at when a player has been in the league for 3 years.

30 goals as a 22 year old is pretty good.

Vesna

Jul 1, 2016
The best choice for Kucherov will be 3-4y * 7-7.5kk for now, and like a Benn he easily will be ask for 8y * 9-10kk when 26-27 years old.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
This is why I didn't want us to resign Stamkos: the Triplets and Drouin are all more important players and it's going to be next to impossible to keep them all with Stammer's cap hit on the books. Maybe if Yzerman can convince the Triplets to all take a little less (which Drouin certainly won't do) we can manage to keep all the aforementioned forwards by losing Bishop, Killorn, Garrison, and Filppula and replacing each of them with ELC players, but that would be incredibly unlikely for Yzerman to pull off and even then our depth would be horrendous.

That said if we're going to lose one of our top forwards it won't be Kucherov. He'll get paid whatever it takes to keep him around long term and if it costs us Drouin or one of the other Triplets then Yzerman will deal with that in a year. It's not the way I would have done things but it appears to be the approach he's taking.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Jeez, how is this team going to keep all it's stars. Hedman, Stamkos, Kucherov, Palat, Johnsson, etc and soon Drouin. Tamba is going to suffer cap hit worse than the Hawks in the coming years. The fans must hate it while trying to figure out a way out of the cap ceiling.

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016

what do you guys think?

Trade to Islanders for
de Haan, MDC and a 1st + 3rd. Gives bolts some $$ breathing room and Islanders some hope

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
They'll probably re-sign him long term and lose Tyler Johnson and/or Killorn, which I'm fine with I guess. I wouldn't consider either of those guys part of the core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad