Proposal: Nico Hischier to Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Coming from Montreal, these trade would be pretty pointless, maybe only to save 600k on the cap.

IMO both player are of the same tier, but I rather keep the home grown player who is used to the pressure and showed he can perform in this environment. Suzuki is probably liked in the room too so I doubt it would be good for the room morale which might already be at the lowest as it is.

Suzuki will probably be Montreal's next captain, so Hischier already being a captain is a non-factor in this trade.
that's so wrong!!!

it might be a non-factor from a montreal point of view. it is a big factor from new jersey point of view.

Reactions: Shawn Heins 44

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
that's so wrong!!!

it might be a non-factor from a montreal point of view. it is a big factor from new jersey point of view.
I didn't care about the New Jersey point of view, only wrote about Montreal point of view.

Suzuki is seen as the next leader/captain and already has an A, so Hischier being a captain is a non-factor for them.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
MON: Hi I’d like to trade for Hischier.
NJ: Well we are not looking to trade him as he fits in perfectly with our young core. With that being said Suzuki interests me.
MON: We are not trading him.
NJ: Fair enough. It is just past the All Star game and you are in dead last. I’m interested in your first round pick then.
MON: We are not trading that either.
NJ: Then we are not trading Hischier then.

Reactions: Mandalorian

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Habs need to offer the 1st for any deal. Prospects are not too enticing and only Suzuki would be of interest.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Pretty sure the OP is basing this thread on what Normand Flynn said on the Sick Podcast and a couple other places.

He mentioned Caufield and a 2nd for Hichier.

I keep Caufield, Devs keep Hichier and we leave it at that.

If Mercer does indeed show he can be a good 2C then maybe tje Devils MIGHT trade Nico for help in other positions to get a better balance.

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Pretty sure the OP is basing this thread on what Normand Flynn said on the Sick Podcast and a couple other places.

If Mercer does indeed show he can be a good 2C then maybe tje Devils MIGHT trade Nico for help in other positions to get a better balance.
Caufield with Hughes on the same line would be gross.

Reactions: Grabner

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
uhh Suzuki is better than Hischier so i don't see why thats lol-worthy
How is Suzuki any better then Hischier? They are very equal. Stats are nearly identical but Nico is the one with slightly better stats. Nico also gets harder minutes. Nico is definitely the superior player right now. The fact you think Suzuki is on such a different tier then Nico you think it would be a lol worthy thread might be more indicative of you...Suzuki aint nothing special.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Caufield with Hughes on the same line would be gross.
He's already gross with Bratt, who is better than Caufield will probably ever be and only 3 years older.
Seriously though, watch them play a few shifts if you get a chance. They go globetrotter like 3 times a game.

If the Devils traded Hischier for Caufield I think I'd find a new team to cheer for.

If the devils want an elite scoring winger, they should just go all in on Johnny Gaudreau.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
How is Suzuki any better then Hischier? They are very equal. Stats are nearly identical but Nico is the one with slightly better stats. Nico also gets harder minutes. Nico is definitely the superior player right now. The fact you think Suzuki is on such a different tier then Nico you think it would be a lol worthy thread might be more indicative of you...Suzuki aint nothing special.
who said anything about different tiers? They're in the same tier, Suzuki is better imo

Reactions: bl02 and Gravity

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So instead of doing what 99% of this website does by just saying "never going to happen," I'm going to provide a scenario:

We would want, at the very least, a 1st and Caulfield. In an ideal world, Mercer is ready to take 2C duties, so we need/want a young 3C with PK abilities or a young NHL-ready RHD.

So I would be looking at 4 pieces but could be 3 depending on the value of the 1st rounder of:

• 1st round pick
  • Caulfield
  • Young 3C and/or young RHD (depends on options available)
Well your not getting the Habs 1st rd pick this season or next alone for him.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
you haven't gotten the concept of this thread.

montreal is asking here for hischier. the devils are not trying to acquire your first round pick. they just tell, you what would be needed to consider to trade their captain.

if you want to bargain for a fake rolex, try the bazar.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I honestly wouldn't trade Hischier for Montreal's 1st. Devils are notoriously terrible drafting early, and there really aren't any guys that project to be any better than Hischier with any level of certainly. Maybe Cooley?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
MON: Hi I’d like to trade for Hischier.
NJ: Well we are not looking to trade him as he fits in perfectly with our young core. With that being said Suzuki interests me.
MON: We are not trading him.
NJ: Fair enough. It is just past the All Star game and you are in dead last. I’m interested in your first round pick then.
MON: We are not trading that either.
NJ: Then we are not trading Hischier then.

I didn't bother to read through the thread but are Devil fans actually saying they're interested in Suzuki? Sure he's a great player but we have no need for him anyway and the cost would be too high. Were they saying to do a Nico for Suzuki swap? I mean even that wouldn't make sense since it's basically lateral and neither are unhappy

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I didn't bother to read through the thread but are Devil fans actually saying they're interested in Suzuki? Sure he's a great player but we have no need for him anyway and the cost would be too high. Were they saying to do a Nico for Suzuki swap? I mean even that wouldn't make sense since it's basically lateral and neither are unhappy
not really

a montreal fan said hischier would play 2c behind suzuki. whiskey had a different opinion. i joked around, that with their first round pick unavailable and montreal short on cap space, the devils would only accept suzuki as a return. all other big contracts (price, gallagher, petry etc.) would at least require the montreal first round pick unprotected as a return. ever since we are b*tch*ng around here.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad