Proposal: Nico Hischier to Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
It would have to be a decent overpayment for the Devils to want to trade their captain. Devils are in a good position with Hughes, Hischier, and Mercer down the middle going forward. No reason to break that up unless we win the draft lottery and have a chance to draft Wright.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
It would have to be a decent overpayment for the Devils to want to trade their captain. Devils are in a good position with Hughes, Hischier, and Mercer down the middle going forward. No reason to break that up unless we win the draft lottery and have a chance to draft Wright.
Yea but it would make the team more well rounded, we complain about every position besides center, if we trade from a position of strength we can complain about the entire team equally.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Yea but it would make the team more well rounded, we complain about every position besides center, if we trade from a position of strength we can complain about the entire team equally.
Haha. I’m still happy to let the rebuild run it’s course though. I think the Devils are building like Carolina and Florida. Both teams seemed to be rebuilding forever and then one season it finally clicked. I think we’re still a year or two out unfortunately but I think the pieces we have are the right ones.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Precisely this. We are on track to have a star 1C + 2 high end 2Cs down the middle for years. You don't break that up just because.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Doubt they would trade him and if they did what the Habs would need to give up is likely not worth it.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Hischier and Suzuki are similar players. What would you say if some other fan asked about Suzuki? NOT AVAILABLE. No deal to be made.

Reactions: malcb33

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeeesh OP clearly just wants a specific player on his team, doesn't care to look into the other teams needs or structure. NJ isn't trade Nico any time soon.

Also, it's not a proposal if you just say you want a player.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
So the Canadians could have likely sign Special K for less with approximately the same up to play the 2C if they really wanted too yet they are gonna dump a ton of assets to grab Hischer?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I already imagine the 2022 first is off limits, without some top 5 protection, right? That leaves the 2023 first, Caulfield, Romanov, Primeau or Guhle as the prospect/best piece asked to come back the other way. I also imagine Habs say no to Primeau/Romanov/Guhle and instead try offer Poehling who NJ doesn't need. I just can't see a trade happening here for Hischier, at least this off-season.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hischier is the Devils captain, 23 years old and signed for another 4 years, and is one of the better 2-way centers in the league. Why the f*** are they trading him?

There are a handful of players in the league I would consider moving Hischier for, exactly 0 of them play for MTL.

It's also funny to suggest that Hischier would play as 2C behind Suzuki. They're the same age, have produced offense at nearly identical rates during their careers, and Hischier is significantly better defensively. The only reason he's 2C in New Jersey is because we have a point per game center in Jack Hughes.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I would think that for the right offer the Devils would part away with Hischer and he would be a ideal #2 C after Suzuki in MTL.

What do you guys think would be a fair deal?
Your post says Proposal, but you haven't proposed anything other than you want Nico on your team.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
No thanks.

Also lol at Hischier being the number 2 behind Suzuki. I'm not saying it would definitely be the other way around but I think Hischier is probably the better all around center.
just think one moment, what habs fans would send back to devils? they don't have the cap space for hischier's contract this or next season without moving out substantial cap. the devils wouldn't accept back price, gallagher, petry, anderson, hoffman, byron, armia, drouin, savard, edmundson etc. unless at least one unprotected first round pick is attached to it. montreal immediately blocks that. so the only trade, which makes sense for the devils would be for suzuki. :laugh:

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Not a fit for neither teams.

Sure MTL would take Nico, but the timing is not right.

Habs will probably draft a center with their 2022 1st pick anyway.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-7_15-50-17.png
    upload_2022-2-7_15-50-17.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad