Confirmed with Link: Nick Seeler Signs Four Year Contract Extension ($2.7M AAV and Full NTC For First Two Years)

How Do You Grade This Thing

• Total voters

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
My only hope with this management group, as it ever was, and will be again with the next, is that their collection of bottom-of-the-roster security blankets will be less shitty than the previous management's. Seeler is an upgrade on Risto, Hathaway is an upgrade on Nate Thompson, as those two were technically upgrades on Manning and VandeVelde, respectively. Maybe someday, our worthless "good for the room" garbage will actually be "acceptable for the ice" as well.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
1000005157.jpg

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

They should’ve been getting more than a 3rd.

I highly doubt anyone is willing to give up a 2nd for Seeler.

I'm probably happier with Seeler at 3.3 over 2 years than I am with a 4th rounder all things considered. The market isn't exactly being kind right now to sellers.

Seeler isn't the one I'm bothered about re-signing. It almost makes sense to have that kind of guy on the back end with York, Drysdale, Zamula as young guys. He's a f*** ton better than Staal!

I'll be devastated if Walker is re-signed. That will be the clear sign that a rebuild was never on the cards.

Reactions: renberg

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
2.3 even 2.8 i could live with but it's a reward deal for a guy playing the right way. With guys like attard and ginning slow cooking in the minors ithink carrot deals like this have to be done in order to show them what's there if they play their dues but it's a clear overpayment
I don't think it's at all possible to argue seeler is worth a second round pick and not four million.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It’s just. It was all so obvious.

Why there was any thought things would be different. They hired Briere, a guy that’s sat by waving his orange pompoms - and taking it up the ass from the other alumni so his adult education courses would be paid for.

They not only retained all of the incompetent fat f***s, they added to them.

I follow them, but I f***ing despise them more every season. Cheer for their failure, which is all too easy to predict.

Disgusting, archaic, and bullshit franchise that constantly lives on the hope of restoring its former identity.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Anything around $3.5M is perfectly fine for Seeler.

As a % of the cap, he'll be cheaper than Braun and Gudas, who were good 3rd-pairing D. He'll be 31 next season. He's not old and falling apart.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Every bar that is presented to the Flyers as a chance to show that they're competent, they fail.

Posted this in the other thread but i'll post it here again:

Just absolutely made up drivel.

You trade him (if you even can with him being injured) and go after him again in FA if you REALLY want him. If some other team snatches him up then so be it.
"You just can't fall in love (with a player)" should be the baseline for every question the media asks these assholes until they resign or are fired.

I'm starting to think Cutter Gauthier was onto something...

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The other best part of this, is they could have waited until summer to sign him. See how he does down the stretch, say without Walker at his side.

Rushing out to sign, and overpay a 30 year old Seeler.

Flyers going to Flyer.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Could they even trade him while on IR? Like would a team take that contract knowing he's hurt and we are saying it could be weeks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad