Value of: Nick Schmaltz

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
It feels very unlikely that the yotes would like to pay a guy more then his cap hit. Is there any of the teams that are less sensitive to real money that sees value in him?

I guess that the yotes management wants picks/prospects and maybe a contract with high cap than money.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If a trade is made it'll likely be at the draft for a late 1st or package deal I imagine.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Depending on what happens with Debrincat (i.e. if he's dealt and not much/any salary comes back), I think Ottawa would have interest here.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I could see him as part of a larger deal to take on a cap dump and returning a major piece (high first, top prospect). Arizona if they move Schmaltz are going to struggle to reach the floor even with their LTIR money, if they move Keller it will be incredibly difficult.

Edit: Bobrovsky has a NMC so idk if he'd do this and he's currently the conn smythe favorite but his signing bonus is 5m, then he has a 5m salary next year, and 6.5m coming his way each of the two years after that with a 10m cap hit. So he could be moved by Florida to Arizona potentially after his signing bonus is paid if Florida (who doesn't have a 1st) pays up something substantial.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad