#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Born 9/11/01, trippy

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
The difference here is he doesn't have a contract and has indicated he will not sign one.
Beyond signing an offer sheet which almost never happens he doesn’t really have a choice.
And any offer sheet under a 2nd round pick in compensation they likely match. And that would lock him onto the Leafs for a calendar year.
Unfortunately for him he has no leverage.

Reactions: wetcoast

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Beyond signing an offer sheet which almost never happens he doesn’t really have a choice.
And any offer sheet under a 2nd round pick in compensation they likely match. And that would lock him onto the Leafs for a calendar year.
Unfortunately for him he has no leverage.

Oh I know that. I'm just saying they can't just tell him to keep playing and they'll figure it out like they did with Mikheyev. If he doesn't want to sign I think theyll just let him sit.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
How about do a deal with WPG - Robertson for McGroarty.....Leafs save on some cap, get a high ranked prospect. Jets get a player that can step right into lineup.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
hes bluffin no way he would just sit out when there's a spot for him on a NHL team. say if they cant find a trade. no way he just dpesnt play. imo would be extremely stupid to throw away a prime year of development after losing so much time to injuries

No way of knowing if he's bluffing but he might as well sign in europe, play a year and wont feel like it's wasted if he really wants out.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
How about do a deal with WPG - Robertson for McGroarty.....Leafs save on some cap, get a high ranked prospect. Jets get a player that can step right into lineup.

Doubt Chevy would be interested in that, Jets wouldn't want to get smaller or worst defensively in any trade and LW isn't a need. Jets need prospects with the potential to reach 2C or top 4 RHD.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Did he make this request before or after Bertuzzi signed elsewhere?

Because him leaving creates an opportunity for him - With Knies likely locked into the top line leaving Robertson & McCann competing for the #2 LW slot. At worst he's #3 and I can't imagine there are many teams he's jumping into a higher spot than that right now.

I think the challenge comes down to fit.

The Leafs will likely give that "premium" ice time to Bobby McMann, Pontus Holmberg and/or Calle Jarnkrok, simply because they compliment the big guns in the top 6 a little better.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Doubt Chevy would be interested in that, Jets wouldn't want to get smaller or worst defensively in any trade and LW isn't a need. Jets need prospects with the potential to reach 2C or top 4 RHD.
Robertson is small, but, he is not 'bad' defensively, he is a tenacious back checker with good puck striping skills, however, he will never overpower anyone, but, does get engaged physically.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
With some rumors floating around that the Ducks are shopping Vatrano (no idea how valid those are), if he's moved I could see targetting Robertson to see if he can have a similar breakout as a pesky/energetic offensive winger. I doubt the latter is going to be a pure shooter on the same level but I do think he can score given the right role.

I'd offer something around Sasha Pastujov + mid pick. Pastujov has similar or possibly greater offensive upside, but will need more time in the AHL. He had a very slow start adjusting to the pro game as a rookie but really came on as the year wore on.

Reactions: 4thline

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Don’t sell low. Get him in the lineup and build his value then trade him. He has the potential to score 30-40 goals in a season with that shot of his.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo it's not a serious trade request

This is just the new tactic for underused RFAs to petition for more ice time. We had this in Edmonton with Puljujarvi and recently with Broberg. Neither were traded after the request was made

Reactions: Neil Racki

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This is a Leafs wet dream, Robertson has little to no value and i like hi he is just a AAAA type of guy a tweener.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Correcting incorrect assertions about tax implications for the third party reader is entirely different than childish use of emojis, name calling and avoiding all facts.

You have brought nothing to any discussion and it is clearly effecting you on a deep level.

It’s probably better to just sit it out for a few days. It’s coming off a little unhinged
That you think anything here effects any of us in real life tells me maybe it’s you with issues

Reactions: dukeofjive

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
That you think anything here effects any of us in real life tells me maybe it’s you with issues

Unfortunately that poor poster was on a bender of all day all night ridiculous and childish rants. That clearly affected that person after being proven completely wrong

Some people don’t handle it well. Hopefully it passed

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If Calgary didn't have this hatred of Treliving, I could see a Robertson + Reeves trade to Calgary for something.
Toronto gets out a bad contract of Reeves, the cost is a guy who doesn't want to sign/play for the team. Calgary has a boatload of mid-tier prospects and having taken 10 picks in this year's draft could part with a mid-round pick.

Reeves would also have use in Calgary; as we'll be going incredibly young for the next couple years and could use some idiot skating around the rink 9 minutes a night.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Calgary didn't have this hatred of Treliving, I could see a Robertson + Reeves trade to Calgary for something.
Toronto gets out a bad contract of Reeves, the cost is a guy who doesn't want to sign/play for the team. Calgary has a boatload of mid-tier prospects and having taken 10 picks in this year's draft could part with a mid-round pick.

Reeves would also have use in Calgary; as we'll be going incredibly young for the next couple years and could use some idiot skating around the rink 9 minutes a night.
Reaves also has a use in Toronto. He was a different player after he came back from his injury and was a physical presence in the playoffs. Berube would liek Reaves.

Its Kampf who doesnt have a use for this team anymore

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
With some rumors floating around that the Ducks are shopping Vatrano (no idea how valid those are), if he's moved I could see targetting Robertson to see if he can have a similar breakout as a pesky/energetic offensive winger. I doubt the latter is going to be a pure shooter on the same level but I do think he can score given the right role.

I'd offer something around Sasha Pastujov + mid pick. Pastujov has similar or possibly greater offensive upside, but will need more time in the AHL. He had a very slow start adjusting to the pro game as a rookie but really came on as the year wore on.
Either him or Sidorov and the Leafs 3rd is a solid offer that I would be happy with

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad