TSN: Nick Robertson requests trade from Toronto

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
This sort of thing helps neither side. Toronto certainly doesn't want players who don't want to be on the team there and this guy doesn't want to be there, so they'll figure out a way to move him but it'll be at a benefit to Toronto, not a favor to the player.
didnt hold DeBrusk back, he asked for a trade was rejected, Im fine for letting him go but has to be for the right deal. no more of this stuff that Dubas used to do letting go players just to be fair to them. has to be good for the team and not just give him away.
and if no deal comes into place then tough shit Nick Robertson. sign as a UFA else where when your RFA status expires and your contract ends.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Don't blame him, he has legitimate top 6 upside. I think he actually can be a 30-30 guy, has an insane shot. His slapper is harder than Matthews, for whatever reason we just refused to use him properly. He is small and tries to play like he's 6'5 and ends up getting hurt, but extremely skilled and under rated player. Don't blame him one bit for requesting out, fully expecting him to "break out" at least statistically wherever he goes.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
"No"

He's not going to sit out the season. Depending on other players signed today, LW could be wide open with Bertuzzi gone. He'd be stupid to do anything but work as hard as possible to impress Berube and win more minutes. DeBrusk demanded a trade and they kept him for years afterwards.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Still seems a bit of a tweener to me, albeit a productive one. If he’s looking to maximize his PT and earnings he should get to a rebuilding team as a top six stopgap.

I just don’t think good teams are going to play him top six minutes outside of an injury crisis and when the games get serious, I’m not sure what his place on a roster is.

Who knows though…he’s definitely not unskilled, maybe he proves me wrong.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
I'd rather keep him than Marner, Marner has proven to be a soft overpaid choker, Robertson has great upside and isn't costing 11 million.

• Haha
Reactions: Coaches Coroner
Mar 12, 2009
That's unfortunate, I still liked him quite a bit. Someone who can give him ice in the top 6 or middle 6 at worst, will get a decent deal.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Of course there are, do you think all the planets in the universe with atmospheres share the same one?

I'd go so far as to say the only near-certainty of the cosmology of the Universe is that nothing unique exists.
i hadn't considered this point, well played.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
didnt hold DeBrusk back, he asked for a trade was rejected, Im fine for letting him go but has to be for the right deal. no more of this stuff that Dubas used to do letting go players just to be fair to them. has to be good for the team and not just give him away.
and if no deal comes into place then tough shit Nick Robertson. sign as a UFA else where when your RFA status expires and your contract ends.
Everyone's different and some have more character and under less delusions than others.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Weird that he demands a trade just after a coaching change like that. He should have given it one more try under Berube at least before starting to whine for a trade.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Hfboards seem to think he's worth a 5th.

Leafs have no reason to do him any favors, I'd image they'd consider moving him for a 2nd or equivilent prospect, but outside of that he needs to play.

Reactions: hullsy47

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad