Proposal: Nick Robertson for Samuel Fagemo

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Fagemo would be a nice little add-on, valued at around a 6th or 7th rounder, to tack on to a serious offer. Might tip the scales. But nothing more

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Kaliyev likely makes more sense for this but realistically both teams would probably prefer a draft pick

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Robertson has his warts, is a long ways from being a guy you can count on in the playoffs, and isn’t gonna have a ton of trade value but at least he’s made the transition from AHL high-flyer to productive NHLer. Fagemo has yet to prove he’s anything more than a AAAA player.

This wouldn’t even be remotely interesting for the Leafs.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Robertson for Tomasino from the preds is what I would hope leafs target

A Change of scenery type trade for two skilled players who cant/dont want to try to fight for a top 6 spot on their current teams

Reactions: Dog

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Fagemo scored 43 goals in the AHL last season despite only playing in 50 AHL games good enough for 2nd in the AHL in goals.

Fagemo’s has an awesome shot and his hand eye coordination is above average but Fagemo’s problem is he gets pushed off the puck very easily and his defensive play at the NHL level leaves much to be desired, which is why he ended up back in the American League.

Fagemo will get another shot to make the Kings opening night roster but if he is beaten out by his competition in TC/Preseason, Sam could end up on waivers yet again.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Sure. Or, if they like him and LA likes Robertson, LA could trade a real asset for Robertson and theow Fagemo in as a sweetener. See what I’m getting at?

No, because Fagemo doesn't have any value at this point. The "sweetener" would have to be the main piece with Fagemo as a throw-in. Fagemo cleared twice last year, so if they were interested they would have taken him in either time.

No team is trading a player with value, for a player with no value with something minor tacked on.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
No, because Fagemo doesn't have any value at this point. The "sweetener" would have to be the main piece with Fagemo as a throw-in. Fagemo cleared twice last year, so if they were interested they would have taken him in either time.

No team is trading a player with value, for a player with no value with something minor tacked on.
That is literally what I am suggesting.

If LA is willing to meet Toronto’s price (i.e “a real asset”), Fagemo might be, at best, a minimally attractive throw-in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad