Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson asks for trade

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

United35

Jan 16, 2021
We played hard ball with him this far along now that he has a serious opportunity to steal a roster spot he wants to be traded. I don’t blame him but I wouldn’t give in unless it helped the emblem on the front. Likely won’t get much in a trade. Talk him into a one year deal. Give him the runway to up his value and move him for a fair return. If he out and out stole a job he would have been on the roster full time. Simple as that.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Sucks for him then because they're most likely gonna tell him to stfu and get in the lineup. Isn't that what we did with Mik lol

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It’s just such a bizarre time to demand a trade. The Leafs aren’t bringing back Bertuzzi. The LW slots right now are Knies, McMann, Robertson. McMann could easily play on the third line just fine with his skillset, size, and cap hit, leaving a top six spot open for Robertson. If he were ever going to grab a spot now would be the time under a new coach.

Again, the Leafs should firmly tell him to pipe down and get on with it.

Reactions: aingefan

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Call me mean but I'd tell him either he signs a team friendly one year deal or he sits Indefinitely

I'd tell him he will get a fair opportunity to make the roster and if he plays well it makes it easier for us to trade him

You want out, play well so we get something good for you and you get to **** off

Win win

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Nick Robertson is looking for a fresh start.

Five years after the Toronto Maple Leafs drafted him, Robertson informed the team he doesn’t intend to sign a new contract this summer and would like to be traded, a league source confirmed.

The Leafs extended a qualifying offer to Robertson before Sunday’s deadline, retaining his rights as a restricted free agent.

His desire to move on is hardly ideal for Toronto as Robertson figured to be a source of low-cost offense next season. The 22-year-old scored 14 goals in 56 games last season, while playing only 11.5 minutes a night. It was his longest-lasting NHL opportunity.

At 5-foot-9 and 179 pounds, Robertson doesn’t exactly feel like a fit for the “heavy” style of new Toronto coach Craig Berube. Nor was he drafted by current Leafs general manager Brad Treliving.

As a restricted free agent, Robertson doesn’t have much leverage, other than to withhold his services. Toronto won’t be in a rush to move him unless they find a deal they like.

Reactions: Macallan18

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
They should move him out for the first decent offer (more than a fifth) they get and forget about him. I'm not sure, as a player, he's worth Treliving wasting much time on him. He's now just become a nuisance - better to get rid of him and move on. I'd probably try to move him for another marginal NHLer who is still waiver exempt.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I like Robertson a lot, he could potentially be a poor mans Debrincat, but he's just not going to get that opportunity here. Too many good players in front of him. I don't blame him for wanting out, he's a tiny player unlikely to get any playing time under Berube. He needs to go to a shitty offensive team where he'll get time on the PP.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
this could be the loss of a significant asset, primarily because of the horrible handling be Keefe.
He was healthy last year, and showed some real offense in extremely limited minutes.
If I was Berube, I would patch this up, and see what we have in the regular season.
If he doesn't pan out, his contract is buriable or tradeable

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
What a dumb kid. He could actually see more ice time. Play your way out kiddo, play really really hard too.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
He should be thanking the Leafs for putting up with his injury disruptions for so long. Maybe his brother and team have been tampering to get him to ask for a trade to re-unite the family. If I traded him, Dallas would be the last place I'd send him. Winnipeg would be my first choice. Utah my second.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
What a dumb kid. He could actually see more ice time. Play your way out kiddo, play really really hard too.
For sure. And how about the Toronto media breaking this on the eve of free agency?

First they drive the Tanev conspiracy train, now they impact our bargaining position for Left wingers.

fun town

Reactions: thewave

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
For sure. And how about the Toronto media breaking this on the eve of free agency?

First they drive the Tanev conspiracy train, now they impact our bargaining position for Left wingers.

fun town
Maybe the team leaked it on purpose. The team was pretty good at keeping the lid on playoff injuries.

Reactions: francis246

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Marner and Robbie for Stankoven and Wyatt. In my dreams. LOL.

He's not dumb. He sees that this team caters to the same 4 forwards and if he is going to have any success, it is not here. Good for him I say.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I like Robertson a lot, he could potentially be a poor mans Debrincat, but he's just not going to get that opportunity here. Too many good players in front of him. I don't blame him for wanting out, he's a tiny player unlikely to get any playing time under Berube. He needs to go to a shitty offensive team where he'll get time on the PP.

Wouldn’t be surprised if a team like Utah with a ton of picks and an ambitious owner offer sheets him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad