Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Best shot for sure - Toronto's perfect for a guy who lacks playoff pace.

I think he has a place on plenty of teams and would be thrilled for any of our bottom 6 to match his 15 goals from last year.

After watching preseason and the first few games around the league I think goals are going to be way up league wide especially with all these penalties being called. Hell there have been multiple games already with 15+ penalties through the first week. Wouldn’t surprise me to see at least Debrusk get 15 if the 2nd PP unit is getting 2:30 of playing time each night.

Even when players start getting used to the cross checking rules then it will only mean defenses are playing softer and opening up the offensive game more 5v5. So I think all around whether it’s 5v5 or on the power play that goal totals will be up compared to before

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yes that is correct, he was a very good player.
My mother’s top 5 alltime friends was Espo first wife Linda. We lived in a great neighborhood that was dead end so we would be playing basseball in street (tennis ball & yellow wiffle ball bat) or football or street hockey and Phil would always play. They lived in Salem us in Danvers so they were over a lor. Get out of car and join in. My father would shake his head. He was an amazing guy and big kid

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
My mother’s top 5 alltime friends was Espo first wife Linda. We lived in a great neighborhood that was dead end so we would be playing basseball in street (tennis ball & yellow wiffle ball bat) or football or street hockey and Phil would always play. They lived in Salem us in Danvers so they were over a lor. Get out of car and join in. My father would shake his head. He was an amazing guy and big kid
That is an awesome story, you guys must have been so happy to have Espo playing baseball with you all.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
That is an awesome story, you guys must have been so happy to have Espo playing baseball with you all.
He was a kid - he would throw passes in the yard and he loved talking to all the kids and he listened he remembered everything

my favorite part was because he was with Chicago so long as a yute I got to meet guys like Jim Pappin, Pat Stapleton, Glen Hall, Eric Nestorenko, Mikita - Doug Mohns and wife were close with my folks before was traded to Chicago. They got me tickets behind net Chicago shot at twice for birthday to watch Bobby Hull slap shot but he never got one off sadly

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
He was a kid - he would throw passes in the yard and he loved talking to all the kids and he listened he remembered everything

my favorite part was because he was with Chicago so long as a yute I got to meet guys like Jim Pappin, Pat Stapleton, Glen Hall, Eric Nestorenko, Mikita - Doug Mohns and wife were close with my folks before was traded to Chicago. They got me tickets behind net Chicago shot at twice for birthday to watch Bobby Hull slap shot but he never got one off sadly
That is incredible, wish I had that kind of childhood wow! Some great memories for you.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
His line mates are making 21+ million this year. They should be able to maintain control of the puck long enough for Ritchie to get to the net and clean up their garbage. Blaming him for that line’s mediocrity is pretty damn funny

They're Leaf fans who convinced themselves that he was the missing link to a Stanley Cup roster- that he was going to be the next Cam Neely now that he is playing for his "hometown" team.

FabulousLysell

Aug 20, 2020
His line mates are making 21+ million this year. They should be able to maintain control of the puck long enough for Ritchie to get to the net and clean up their garbage. Blaming him for that line’s mediocrity is pretty damn funny
The fact that he’s playing that high in the lineup is just bad. He’s a middle six forward at BEST. He’s just not a player you win with. Complete non factor in the playoffs no matter where he plays in the lineup.

Reactions: Shane Jazz

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
They're Leaf fans who convinced themselves that he was the missing link to a Stanley Cup roster- that he was going to be the next Cam Neely now that he is playing for his "hometown" team.
Gotta love all the Leafs fans who were calling Hyman trash the second he left and saying Ritchie was a fantastic signing in the same sentence.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

He's a fat slob that doesn't take his conditioning seriously enough to be a decent professional. I blame the coach for saddling the other two with this clown on their line. He doesn't belong in the top 9 on any decent team, let alone a highly talented playoff contender with cup dreams.

Reactions: badbrewin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad