Proposal: Nick Paul to the Pens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I agree, but when the pens have to deal with Tom Wilson, Ryan Reaves, etc and this guy wasnt even close to knocking him out, thats a big red flag and tells me hes all size and no muscle

Nick Paul is ripped. He's a fitness freak and without a doubt the strongest player on our team... you wouldnt find a single guy on the team who would argue that.

He might not be able to knock out Tom Wilson (lol), but he can sure as shit protect the puck from him, and win a board/cycle battle against anyone in the league.

He's not a fighter, though, never has been and never will be. If you're looking for a face puncher, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a guy who can protect the puck, create space, and defend anyone... there may not be anyone available who can compete with Paul.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Nick Paul is ripped. He's a fitness freak and without a doubt the strongest player on our team... you wouldnt find a single guy on the team who would argue that.

He might not be able to knock out Tom Wilson (lol), but he can sure as shit protect the puck from him, and win a board/cycle battle against anyone in the league.

He's not a fighter, though, never has been and never will be. If you're looking for a face puncher, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a guy who can protect the puck, create space, and defend anyone... there may not be anyone available who can compete with Paul.
Agreed but this isn't the answer for the pens .

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

Cool, but he is a bottom six forward that WE DONT NEED. He isn't a difference maker for us.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
I liked him quite a bit in my viewings of him. Me personally I think he might look really good on a line with Malkin and Carter as a fast, heavy 3rd wheel to our 2nd line.

He's due a new deal and I think it depends on your owners willingness to pay him or will he go the route of picks/close to ready prospects.

I'm open to dealing Poulin, who's a former 1st round pick and in the AHL (should be close to NHL time). That's a cost controlled younger player for a UFA. Now if mgmt loves Paul and you guys get a deal done. That's great for the Sens.

Just saying I hope Hextall is in line if the Sens decide to go cheap and offer him up.

You don't do something stupid like that. Pens don't need him at all. I don't understand your infatuation with him. Another bottom six guy who isn't a difference maker. Stop this non sense.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
You don't do something stupid like that. Pens don't need him at all. I don't understand your infatuation with him. Another bottom six guy who isn't a difference maker. Stop this non sense.

Ok chief I'll stop with the nonsense. I'm getting on the phone with Hextall now to halt the trade.

This game is all about fit. Some guys bloom once put into a good environment and go from excellent 3rd liner to top 6 wing. Pens could use a fast physical winger for Malkin. You got better ideas? Go for it.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Cool, but he is a bottom six forward that WE DONT NEED. He isn't a difference maker for us.

Ok, tell me where I argued otherwise.

No one said anything about the Pens, people just pushed back at your horrid evaluation of the player. There are many reasons to not want to pay the price for Paul... you just gave really bad ones, and then ranted about how no one will pay the price for him just because YOU don't want to. You are the one imposing your subjective opinions on people...... no one else is doing that, and everyone else is having a pleasant discussion, whether they agree with one another or not.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Penguins fans. Your guy asked what it would take to fetch Paul. Don’t get mad at us for responding lol

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sens fans don't want to lose Paul. He wears a letter and he's grown from a throw in prospect in a brutal spezza trade into a perfect third line winger who does a bit of everything, and can even play centre when desperately needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad