Value of: Nick Jensen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
In the Oilers case I don't think we'd be willing to part with a 1st for him. Not sure about other teams. I could see a 2nd, a 4th and Puljujarvi to make the cap work for Jensen with 50% retention

Sign me up. I'd easily do that for another RD and some deadline cap space. Many Oil fans won't agree with me as I know many don't want to pay the price for Chychrun but this move opens the possibly to trade away Barrie to make the cap work on a Chychrun deal as Jensen fills the RD void for this year and look to move Kulak in the off season for an equivalent valued RD.

Let Arizona pick any 2 of the following (2023 1st/2024 1st/Bourgault) + Barrie to make the cap work + a another asset be it a 2nd or equivalent value prospect.

Nurse Jensen
Chychrun Ceci
Kulak Bouchard
Broberg

Reactions: tinfish

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Sign me up. I'd easily do that for another RD and some deadline cap space. Many Oil fans won't agree with me as I know many don't want to pay the price for Chychrun but this move opens the possibly to trade away Barrie to make the cap work on a Chychrun deal as Jensen fills the RD void for this year and look to move Kulak in the off season for an equivalent valued RD.

Let Arizona pick any 2 of the following (2023 1st/2024 1st/Bourgault) + Barrie to make the cap work + a another asset be it a 2nd or equivalent value prospect.

Nurse Jensen
Chychrun Ceci
Kulak Bouchard
Broberg
I like the look of that defence quite a bit. Still have Desharnais to play if needed as well

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I've seen Habs fans say both Monahan and Edmundson would return a 1st :0

Monahan is crazy talk. They got a 1st for taking him. No GM is going to give montreal a 1st at deadline when thry coukd have also got a 1st for him.

If Edmunsdon wasn’t hurt and playing well getting a 1st was possible ( not now) At 50% for 1+ yrs and conditions were met.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Monahan is crazy talk. They got a 1st for taking him. No GM is going to give montreal a 1st at deadline when thry coukd have also got a 1st for him.

If Edmunsdon wasn’t hurt and playing well getting a 1st was possible ( not now) At 50% for 1+ yrs and conditions were met.
Well, both are injured now. If healthy I think Monahan could have been worth a 4th. Edmundson probably a 3rd, but maybe it's me that's out to lunch. "Am I so out of touch? No. It's the children who are wrong"

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
It sounds like we are trying to extend him so lowball offers might not be working

And just a reminder, we traded a second and a good prospect for him when he was an unknown player from the Red Wings 4 years ago

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
It sounds like we are trying to extend him so lowball offers might not be working

And just a reminder, we traded a second and a good prospect for him when he was an unknown player from the Red Wings 4 years ago
What do you perceive his value to be? (if not extended)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
In the Oilers case I don't think we'd be willing to part with a 1st for him. Not sure about other teams. I could see a 2nd, a 4th and Puljujarvi to make the cap work for Jensen with 50% retention.

Does Puljujarvi even have positive value?

in your trade, Washington would be absorbing 4.25M in cap space (3M of Pulju + 1.25 retianed on Jensen) and Oilers getting a solid Top4RD for only 1.25 in cap hit and 2nd and a 4th.

I think other teams would make a more enticing offer for the capitals. That trade really does nothing for me if im washington.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Does Puljujarvi even have positive value?

in your trade, Washington would be absorbing 4.25M in cap space (3M of Pulju + 1.25 retianed on Jensen) and Oilers getting a solid Top4RD for only 1.25 in cap hit and 2nd and a 4th.

I think other teams would make a more enticing offer for the capitals.
Yeah, but it's like 2 months of those salaries. If other teams make a better offer take it. Just suggesting what his value might be to the oilers. I think most teams will have to take back a dump this deadline. Puljujarvi is a straight cap dump.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah, but it's like 2 months of those salaries. If other teams make a better offer take it. Just suggesting what his value might be to the oilers. I think most teams will have to take back a dump this deadline. Puljujarvi is a straight cap dump.

It's not too far off, but I think that offer would be easily beaten if WSH were to retain and then take salary like that back on top of it.

it would have to be closer to 2nd and an enticing B/B+ prospect if I was washington, personally.

• Haha
Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Jensen is so underrated. He should be worth the same as Orlov but he won’t when traded. If he is traded the team that gets him will be very lucky and fans pleasantly surprised

I never notice him so idk much about him anymore. Is he a solid top4 guy oflr more of a 4/5 kinda guy?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Assuming a 3yr, sub 4.25mil extension:

To Ottawa:
Jensen

To Washington:
Wsh 2nd 2024
Lassi Thomson/Egor Sokolov
Conditional OTT 3rd 2025 (If Thomson/Sokolov are claimed off of waivers and remain off of WSH active roster by Dec 31, 2024, WSH receives the pick)

Reactions: NB613

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I never notice him so idk much about him anymore. Is he a solid top4 guy oflr more of a 4/5 kinda guy?
He’s a top 4 guy. Not flashy but can log 20+ effective minutes. His 21 ES points is more than Orlov or Carlson on the Caps.

Underrated player. Great skater. Him being not very noticeable is frankly a compliment. He’s just effective.

He probably doesn’t get a 2023 1st but he should absolutely get a 2nd plus another good asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad