Player Discussion Nick Cousins (C)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
But it's still just 800k and one year so whatever.

I don't care what Martian says. I don't know who they are or if they actually have any hockey knowledge. However, this is where I would have started and stopped regarding a response.

Can play 60 games, cheap, 1 year, plays with an edge and grease.

Perfect depth signing.
I can't complain about someone with a Stanley Cup ring, either. He played 12 games in these past playoffs.

Oct 10, 2010
Of all the enforcers in this soft league, Watson is one of the few cousins has a shot against.

Love Watson, root for him, and does he ever have balls... but man did he ever lose a lot of fights with the sens.

The sens are certainly going to be a more annoying team to play against.

Seems like staios took it upon himself to give this team an identity.
Watson isn’t good fighter but Zach has to be the worst enforcer in the league lol

Figures Dorion would sign him for 3 years lol

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I like the Cousins signing but I fear that it's going to expose how much we need an enforcer type, at least another body who will stand up. We have 5 guys (Perron, Stu, Grieg, Cousins and Crookshank) who will stir the pot but will look the other way when it comes to fighting their own battles. We can't be that team vs Xhekaj, Mailloux, Anderson and Pazetta for example.

Brady is Brady and if Ostapchuk is in the lineup that will help. Before anyone says it, Kleven did not show a willingness to fight in the A and you don't want him in that situation anyhow, he doesn't have the experience. Maybe Jenik can force his way into the lineup from time to time.

Our #7 dman should be someone who is willing and able to fight even if it means trading a pick. Englund would be a dream.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I like the Cousins signing but I fear that it's going to expose how much we need an enforcer type, at least another body who will stand up. We have 5 guys (Perron, Stu, Grieg, Cousins and Crookshank) who will stir the pot but will look the other way when it comes to fighting their own battles. We can't be that team vs Xhekaj, Mailloux, Anderson and Pazetta for example.

Brady is Brady and if Ostapchuk is in the lineup that will help. Before anyone says it, Kleven did not show a willingness to fight in the A and you don't want him in that situation anyhow, he doesn't have the experience. Maybe Jenik can force his way into the lineup from time to time.

Our #7 dman should be someone who is willing and able to fight even if it means trading a pick. Englund would be a dream.
Who was Florida's enforcer type?

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Who was Florida's enforcer type?
Gadjovich, Bennett, Lomberg will all fight their own fights, Tkachuk to a lesser extent as well. Between those 4 they had 18 majors.

We have one player in that category this season in Brady and he had 6 majors last year. Ostapchuk is not making up the difference.

On top of that Miikkola can play a mean and so can Stenlund and Ekblad.

In terms of pests dragging a capable team into battle Florida last year vs us is no comparison.

What do you mean?

edit- omitted MacEwan because hopefully he is not in the lineup.

Last edited:

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Up there with Bunting as the most punchable faces in the league
Cousins sits VERY high on my despicable rat list. Even when the panthers were playing certain teams that I despise and wish the worst for, I was constantly thinking wow, Cousins is an evil horrible cheapshot rat b^stard dirty little shit prick. But now he’s OUR evil horrible cheapshot rat b^stard dirty little shit prick… so a very hearty welcome to the Sens, Nick the Prick!

Last edited:

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Florida had 3 players in the top 10 in that list and they won the cup. You need a few of those kinds of players. We now have Tkachuk, Perron, and Cousins from the upper echelon of that list.
Those types of players can get other teams frustrated, get them to take undisciplined penalties, throw them off their game. But I agree with others on here and have been saying this for awhile that we do need someone who can back it up with the ability to fight and Brady can not be doing it as much as he does it for us.

I was surprised to see Rasmus Andersson so high on that list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
MacEwen and Watson would be a good tilt. Nice job getting a guy to be your fighter and signing him for 3 years and then realize he can't fight
If I recall correctly, ironically Watson’s only clear victory at the Sens rink was the fight he had when he returned to Ottawa as a visiting team player to beat up his expensive replacement, MacEwen? Based on their records, if they did have “good tilt” it’s more likely they’d discover some novel way for both ‘fighters’ to lose… My guess would be both taking big swings, missing and KO’ing themselves.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There's our boy for the 4th line. Nice.
Or third or second, he has proven he can play in that role on a cup contender. He is not a traditional player to play there but he has the ability to fit into a line if put in a position to succeed and when its structured properly.

Man, Brady, Perron, Greig and Cousins all on one team. I'm worried about our PK this year lol.

They did a good job of adding a lot of jam/character to this club though.

OMG is that an actual identity they are building. God forbid.

Do not like. I like players who play hard not cheap shot artists.

Cousins is trash. I hope he cleans up his act because otherwise I'm gonna hate watching this guy in a Sens uniform.
Plays significant role on the best team in the league the last two seasons. Scored the series winning goal against the leafs but yeah he is trash.

Everyone i know that actually plays hockey loves this. Gotta leave it to the internet hockey fan to hate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiseL and Upgrayedd

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
1 year. 800k. Guy who can be a rat on the 4th line. Been to the finals twice in two years, and has a ring.

Fine as an option who can slot in and out as needed. It is what it is.
The amount of posters that dont like this is absolutely astonishing to me. You guys have Stockholm syndrome or something?

If we wanted to sign a rapist, couldn't we have just signed Formenton instead?
You definitely like losing. Just a wild comment, I know you miss Dorion but holy hell man. What are you even talking about?

Nothing wrong with the signing. Cheap 4th line depth.

We're definitely going to be the most hated team in the league by opposing teams.
Good they have been the easiest team to play against in the league for years.

Cousins Greig Perron identity line. Inject it into my veins.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So who did he just push off the roster? Angus? Gregor?
Crookshank was never on the team, he only plays in a top 9 role. Cousins played on a line with Bennett and Tkachuk when they went to the finals two years ago. He can score and play a real role in the NHL.

Tkachuk Pinto Batherson
Amadio Stutzle Giroux
Norris Greig Perron
Gregor Ostapchuk Cousins
Macewen

Thats the teams top 13 there will always be an injury they have real depth. Once the inevitable happens with Norris Cousins slides up with Greig and Perron.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
You definitely like losing. Just a wild comment, I know you miss Dorion but holy hell man. What are you even talking about?
What does this have to do with Dorion? Your obsession with him is bizarre. He hasn't been the GM in almost a year. Get over it already.

My point is simply that Cousins, like Formenton, was arrested for sexual assault. Why did we sign one, but not the other? Formenton is a far better player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Cousins sits VERY high on my despicable rat list. Even when the panthers were playing certain teams that I despise and wish the worst for, I was constantly thinking wow, Cousins is an evil horrible cheapshot rat b^stard dirty little shit prick. But now he’s OUR evil horrible cheapshot rat b^stard dirty little shit prick… so a very hearty welcome to the Sens, Nick the Prick!

He's the Senator that Hab fans and Leaf fans deserve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad