Player Discussion Nick Cousins (C)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I think Martian is getting a little over his skis, as usual. There are legit reasons to dislike the signing even if you're ok with his on ice antics.

He's on the wrong side of 30, had a significant decrease in production last year, finished the season as a healthy scratch, and his defensive metrics aren't great.

But it's still just 800k and one year so whatever.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Martian is getting a little over his skis, as usual. There are legit reasons to dislike the signing even if you're ok with his on ice antics.

He's on the wrong side of 30, had a significant decrease in production last year, finished the season as a healthy scratch, and his defensive metrics aren't great.

let him know you're there

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Where you penciling Cousins in? C or W

I am big on the BIG "O" .. he may need a little more time but he's close.

Stutzle, Pinto, Greig, Ostapchuk would have to be one of the youngest C groups in the league. SNorris may get a spot there somewhere as well.
I re-read "premoninantly" several times trying to figure out what he was saying before realizing he meant one of predominantly or prominently...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I re-read "premoninantly" several times trying to figure out what he was saying before realizing he meant one of predominantly or prominently...
I missed that lol... why use a big word when a diminutive one will do.

Mostly, Mainly, Primarily

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Of all the enforcers in this soft league, Watson is one of the few cousins has a shot against.

Love Watson, root for him, and does he ever have balls... but man did he ever lose a lot of fights with the sens.

The sens are certainly going to be a more annoying team to play against.

Seems like staios took it upon himself to give this team an identity.
By all accounts Watson was a good teammate on and off the ice but man he is the epitome of a punching bag.

Reactions: gab6511 and WallyD

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I personally really like this signing.

Ok he has a "rat" reputation but seriously, we are not in a position to be nice anymore

What it mainly means is that Zack MacEwen, a Pierre Dorion genius signing, is not going to be a full-time player.

Nick Cousins is abrasive and everything but he can play hockey. It might mean that we won't ridiculously overpay to get the overrated Scott freaking Laughton

NC has shown good defensive metrics in the past and all his production comes at ES.

Scott Laughton has 80 goals and 121 assists in 601 career games. Nick Cousins has 62 goals and 97 assists in 592 career games but with 12:25 TOI/GP while Laughton has 14:26 TOI/GP, 2 more minutes per game, mostly on the PP. Difference is also that Cousins is much cheaper.

IMO it makes the Gregor signing better

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Greig - Norris - Giroux
Perron - Pinto - Amadio
Crookshank - Cousins - Gregor

This is the 4th line I want

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I personally really like this signing.

Ok he has a "rat" reputation but seriously, we are not in a position to be nice anymore

What it mainly means is that Zack MacEwen, a Pierre Dorion genius signing, is not going to be a full-time player.

Nick Cousins is abrasive and everything but he can play hockey. It might mean that we won't ridiculously overpay to get the overrated Scott freaking Laughton

NC has shown good defensive metrics in the past and all his production comes at ES.

Scott Laughton has 80 goals and 121 assists in 601 career games. Nick Cousins has 62 goals and 97 assists in 592 career games but with 12:25 TOI/GP while Laughton has 14:26 TOI/GP, 2 more minutes per game, mostly on the PP. Difference is also that Cousins is much cheaper.

IMO it makes the Gregor signing better

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Greig - Norris - Giroux
Perron - Pinto - Amadio
Crookshank - Cousins - Gregor

This is the 4th line I want
You know Cousins hasn't played center in years right? He's a winger these days.

Reactions: Icelevel

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You know Cousins hasn't played center in years right? He's a winger these days.

Yeah but we don't have a lot of options... unless they graduate Ostapchuk right away but he doesn't have a lot of NHL C experience either... I think a 2nd year in the AHL wouldn't hurt his development too

Gregor hasn't even played C in the NHL... Unless they have both Pinto and Greig as Centers? Unless they make another trade? What happens IF Norris or another Center get injured? Giroux back at C? That would be a lot to ask at his age

Seriously, I wish we could have kept Kastelic but I'm sure the Bruins specifically asked for him.

I think Cousins could be fine if he is asked to prioritize defense. He did it before and had good defensive metrics. Offense and agitation would come as bonus. Gregor adds speed and Crookshank some skill. This line could be quite energetic and frankly makes much more sense than Gregor - Ostapchuk - MacEwen

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK

And that's not even counting the rape changes he had in junior

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

800k they can bury him

its a good signing to add some depth which is needed on the bottom line. Also adds grit which the sens are trying to add

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
We're bringing pesky baaack!!!

cceaa36b317a7825086b1832a870bb3f.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad