Value of: Nick Bjugstad trade to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
What gets this done? Bjugstad is pegged as a 3C but has upside to be a 1 or 2. Montreal has a need there... and Florida has some really good young depth. What does it take?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
What gets this done? Bjugstad is pegged as a 3C but has upside to be a 1 or 2. Montreal has a need there... and Florida has some really good young depth. What does it take?
Things you don't want to give is the answer, before this goes into Emelin+2nd territory.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
It won't happen. We don't have the pieces. Florida has prospect depth in spades, they're looking to take the next step.

Only thing that makes the least bit of sense for them is Galchenyuk & we wouldn't offer that.

There's no deal to be made. We have to hope that McCarron turns into our Bjugstad.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Montreal doesnt need bjustad. They already have pleckanec and Galchenyuk both better than him. Also, he doesnt have upside to be a 1c.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I heard Florida had some interest in Trouba at one point. I wonder if Bjugstad might be a piece that would pique the Jets' interest.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Bjugstad had a down season last season for a multitude of reasons but mostly injury/migraine related, but fortunately with the emergence of Vinny Trocheck the pressure for Bjugstad to get back up to speed quickly is lesser than it really could be, so I think FLA is quite content for him to get back up to speed centering the third line. There's no need for FLA to trade him, as he has shown great promise.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
I heard Florida had some interest in Trouba at one point. I wonder if Bjugstad might be a piece that would pique the Jets' interest.

The rumor is with the Jets getting Laine/2nd overall pick, a lot of trades fell through because the Jets were no longer in need of offensive help.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
one of Galchenyuk,Gallagher or Sergachev.
McCarron +1st if the cats are feeling nice

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Of all of the Panthers younger forwards, Bjugstad is probably the most available. Although, based on team needs, I don't see many GMs offering what it would be worth to trade him.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
one of Galchenyuk,Gallagher or Sergachev.
McCarron +1st if the cats are feeling nice

Bugjstad wont get you either of Gallagher, Galchenyuk or Sergechev. He could be packaged to acquire Pacs at the deadline.

Players he wont come close: Price, Weber, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Sergechev.

Maybe Petry for Bugjstad straight up?? I doubt either team does that. Maybe fair value... idk. Im no GM.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Bugjstad wont get you either of Gallagher, Galchenyuk or Sergechev. He could be packaged to acquire Pacs at the deadline.

Players he wont come close: Price, Weber, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Sergechev.

Maybe Petry for Bugjstad straight up?? I doubt either team does that. Maybe fair value... idk. Im no GM.

Way off on the petry part

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Way off on the petry part

If you look at his scoring stats then yeat, but look at how effective he is on the ice. He has top 2 numbers in terms of possession, Shot suppression and shot generation.

That value is worth more than a third liner. The only thing that tips the value (heavily or not) is the contract, age, potential to be a top 6 winger and be part of a team's core. However, a team who needs a top 4 Dman for the stretch run and the playoffs may very well sacrifice that for a bigger need. I see the Panthers doing that but not for Petry.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
A realistic return is a mid to late first rounder and a good prospect or a roster player of similar upside.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
cant see the cats giving up bjugstad for anything hab fans would consider to be fair. they value him like we value our gallagher pacioretty galchenyuk etc. hanzal is a guy on an expiring contract that may be pryed out of arizona for the right package maybe.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
cant see the cats giving up bjugstad for anything hab fans would consider to be fair. they value him like we value our gallagher pacioretty galchenyuk etc. hanzal is a guy on an expiring contract that may be pryed out of arizona for the right package maybe.

I doubt they value him that much

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I doubt they value him that much

i think it would cost quite a bit actually. hanzal is good offensively and especially defensively. very valuable to the coyotes but if there looking to the future maybe they ed take desharnais and his 3.5 hit with reway and a second. still wont be close enough. hanzal would be great because if the habs wanted to go with three scoring lines on a night he could fit in there . if they wanted to go with two checking lines hed fit there like a glove. may have to be desharnais reway and a first.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i think it would cost quite a bit actually. hanzal is good offensively and especially defensively. very valuable to the coyotes but if there looking to the future maybe they ed take desharnais and his 3.5 hit with reway and a second. still wont be close enough. hanzal would be great because if the habs wanted to go with three scoring lines on a night he could fit in there . if they wanted to go with two checking lines hed fit there like a glove. may have to be desharnais reway and a first.

sorry you meant bjugstad i have a feeling theyll be our first round opponent. cant see them even trading him to the habs

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
sorry you meant bjugstad i have a feeling theyll be our first round opponent. cant see them even trading him to the habs

When the panthers have that many young players with most of them as second liners as well as Bugusjtad's upside, its clear they will not value him as much as other teams. He will become expandable unless he goes on a tear or settles as the third line center.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Bjugstad is not a 3C he is a 2C who is still young and most importantly, he is gigantic.

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
A realistic return is a mid to late first rounder and a good prospect or a roster player of similar upside.

lol no.

Also a "realistic return" will not get you Bjugstad. Most players in the NHL are not available for fair value, if a team likes a player that they have he will require overpayment.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
lol no.

Also a "realistic return" will not get you Bjugstad. Most players in the NHL are not available for fair value, if a team likes a player that they have he will require overpayment.

then tell me what he can realistically acquire?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad