Value of: Nick Bjugstad trade to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Habs would ban the Panthers number if he asked for Gallagher^^

unless the habs or cats can over take the lighting for the divisision, will be first round opponents. dont see anyone else in division coming up to third. if thats the case trades between the cats and habs may be unlikely.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Why is this a thread?

Not looking to trade Bjugstad.

There's no reasonable trade to be made here.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
When the panthers have that many young players with most of them as second liners as well as Bugusjtad's upside, its clear they will not value him as much as other teams. He will become expandable unless he goes on a tear or settles as the third line center.

This might be the single worst attempt to devalue any prospect I've ever heard in any form of media. A player/prospects value doesn't drop because the team owning their rights has many other skilled complimentary players that might mature at the same time. As a neutral fan, I see nothing in this thread that even gets Fla's interest.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This might be the single worst attempt to devalue any prospect I've ever heard in any form of media. A player/prospects value doesn't drop because the team owning their rights has many other skilled complimentary players that might mature at the same time. As a neutral fan, I see nothing in this thread that even gets Fla's interest.
Its called becoming expendable :laugh::laugh:
I wasnt aware he was a prospect :laugh::laugh:
Pacs wouldnt interest Florida? :laugh::laugh:
Neutral Fan :laugh::laugh:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Why would they make him available? Having 3 centers able to play well is a benefit. A huge one. He's on a terrific deal, and he just had a down year. He needs to use his size more, though.

That said, if they move him, they'd most likely be looking for a top 6 guy. He'd probably be included in one kind of a package for that player.

But, the Panthers are well aware of his value.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
A young, huge, top 6 center coming off a down year. I'd say he could probably fetch a pick around 10. I wouldn't trade him for that though.

Not worth that pick. Good player but not after his injuries/downyear

Last edited by a moderator:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I don't see why Florida would have any real interest in trading Bjustad, unless they were getting a wholly superior forward in return (which is unrealistic). They are looking to compete and could very reasonably win their division. Having Barkov - Trochek - Bjustad down the middle lets them do that.

I mean, maybe if Gallagher were offered they take a look at that. Pacioretty/Galchenyuk is an obvious yes, but all three of those guys are probably off the table for Montreal. I just don't see anything workable.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I don't see why Florida would have any real interest in trading Bjustad, unless they were getting a wholly superior forward in return (which is unrealistic). They are looking to compete and could very reasonably win their division. Having Barkov - Trochek - Bjustad down the middle lets them do that.

I mean, maybe if Gallagher were offered they take a look at that. Pacioretty/Galchenyuk is an obvious yes, but all three of those guys are probably off the table for Montreal. I just don't see anything workable.

Plekanec? Maybe MB may redeem himself after the Subban Trade and fleece Florida by tricking them Plekanec makes them closer to contention than with Bugjstad. :laugh::laugh:
Wouldnt that be nice for the habs:D:D Erat trade all over again!!

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Plekanec? Maybe MB may redeem himself after the Subban Trade and fleece Florida by tricking them Plekanec makes them closer to contention than with Bugjstad. :laugh::laugh:
Wouldnt that be nice for the habs:D:D Erat trade all over again!!

Except Plekanec is better than Erat and Bjugstad is not a prospect.

Off course, Plekanec is old and get paid a bit too much, while Bjugstad is young and big.

Maybe if Florida was on the verge of winning the cup and Mtl was last place team, Plekanec + good prospect center like Hudon or McCarron would maybe be feasible but it's not the cas.

Both teams will battle for top spot in the division. Montréal wouldn't do this as they need Plekanec to back Galchenyuk's up and is currently bettre than Bjugstad while being a different player.

Neither team would do that kind of trade right now.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If your proposal is banking on the other GM being dumb, it's a bad proposal. Lock it up imo

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Bugjstad wont get you either of Gallagher, Galchenyuk or Sergechev. He could be packaged to acquire Pacs at the deadline.

Players he wont come close: Price, Weber, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Sergechev.

Maybe Petry for Bugjstad straight up?? I doubt either team does that. Maybe fair value... idk. Im no GM.

panthers probably laugh at that.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
People are so funny on these Trade proposal boards, always asking for the moon, while it almost always NEVER happen. Take a look at the last 10 years of trade history, and learn.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
He's locked up on a great contract, and is coming from his (likely) worst year. No reason to trade at all.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I was saying that the Schneider trade was bad

Doesnt matter. The trade has yet to be declared bad. As it stands, top 10 picks are worth an incredible amount of value and Bjugstad doesnt come anywhere close to that value. The market has already been dictated with the Schenider trade and GMs wont accept significantly less (bjugstad).

Show me any top 10 picks traded for players similar to bjugstad.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Doesnt matter. The trade has yet to be declared bad. As it stands, top 10 picks are worth an incredible amount of value and Bjugstad doesnt come anywhere close to that value. The market has already been dictated with the Schenider trade and GMs wont accept significantly less (bjugstad).

Show me any top 10 picks traded for players similar to bjugstad.

I know there won't be many examples but Jordan Staal was traded to Canes in 2012 for the 8th pick, Brandon Sutter and Brian Dumoulin.
When healthy, Bjugstad should average 20-25 goals and 40-45pts which is eerily similar to that of Staal.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2012.htm

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I know there won't be many examples but Jordan Staal was traded to Canes in 2012 for the 8th pick, Brandon Sutter and Brian Dumoulin.
When healthy, Bjugstad should average 20-25 goals and 40-45pts which is eerily similar to that of Staal.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2012.htm

You forget to mention that Staal had huge value at that time. He was a 50 point player playing both sides of the ice. The only reason they traded him was cuz of cap issues and contract demands. His value was worth a lot more than what Bjug currently has.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You forget to mention that Staal had huge value at that time. He was a 50 point player playing both sides of the ice. The only reason they traded him was cuz of cap issues and contract demands. His value was worth a lot more than what Bjug currently has.

I agree Staal had/has more value than Bjugstad but they play the same position and put up similar numbers when healthy. I also agree it'd be hard to find any GM willing to give up a top 10 pick for Nick currently but just trying to show you there was an example close enough to post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad