Proposal: Nichuskin for Kakko

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Who says no? Avs need to shed cap if/when Nichuskin returns, and they are bound to lose on a trade with him no matter what. I doubt he lasts the year in an Avs sweater - 3 strikes you're out. Kakko is like Nuke a few years ago - reclamation project with some untapped potential still.

NYR missed out in free agency and could take a swing on Nuke with the hopes he overcomes his issues.

Maybe there are more moving parts with NYR throwing in a conditional pick based on series wins/GP

Reactions: some and kp61c

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
Who says no? Avs need to shed cap if/when Nichuskin returns, and they are bound to lose on a trade with him no matter what. I doubt he lasts the year in an Avs sweater - 3 strikes you're out. Kakko is like Nuke a few years ago - reclamation project with some untapped potential still.

NYR missed out in free agency and could take a swing on Nuke with the hopes he overcomes his issues.

Maybe there are more moving parts with NYR throwing in a conditional pick based on series wins/GP
Nuke in Manhattan, sure do it.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
no one on the HF mains is going to offer anything reasonably discussion worthy until Nuke is at least back and playing.
That AAV is too big a gamble for a contender IMO anyway.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Rs shout NO

we don't want to sell KK short
AND
Panarin is not sniffing 11.6 again. To avoid an ugly look, he will waive before if relocation site is acceptable.
When he goes, we need young wingers KK etc
so NO

Avs will throw in the Rangers 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal.
still no

Reactions: deathb4disco

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
Nichushkin on form is one of the best two-way forwards in the league and a power play monster. The Avs winrate is insane with him in the lineup. Avs are absolutely better of gambling on him getting right and playing for them. I'm pretty sure his contract is terminated if he screws up again and the Avs can sort that out next year.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
KK has upside, eye test kid line proved he is fine w/correct linemates

its a process
That process will end in New York if he stutters out of the gate. I agree that he's passed the eye test before. But there's a good chance that he ends up being nothing more than a third liner.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
No, you have to roll the dice on Nichushkin unless you’re getting a meaningful return. And, no one’s going to sacrifice a reliable asset to take on the risk. There’s practically no way to trade Val.

Reactions: lionsDen

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That process will end in New York if he stutters out of the gate. I agree that he's passed the eye test before. But there's a good chance that he ends up being nothing more than a third liner.
I agree there is an element of risk but I disagree as to yr 'good chance'.

If they get him 2 matching linemates early, we're off and running
if not
things could well flounder

but bottom line
whether w/Rs or elsewhere
he gets 2 guys and there is chemistry, he will go as far as that line does

already established he has chem w/Cuylle
the ? is Chytil b'c his health

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
No, you have to roll the dice on Nichushkin unless you’re getting a meaningful return. And, no one’s going to sacrifice a reliable asset to take on the risk. There’s practically no way to trade Val.
Nichushkin on form is one of the best two-way forwards in the league and a power play monster. The Avs winrate is insane with him in the lineup. Avs are absolutely better of gambling on him getting right and playing for them. I'm pretty sure his contract is terminated if he screws up again and the Avs can sort that out next year.
Avs are between a rock and a hard place with Nuke.

It sucks, but IMO people are delusional if they think management is going to wait and hope for the best here. The risk is too great. I hope I'm wrong and it works out for everyone (Nuke esp.) but he's lost all faith from the org. IMO

And if he does come back to the lineup they will need to shed cap somewhere. Colton has a NTC and will be hard to replace, maybe Girard but that's a big loss too without someone to fill in. Maybe they pay to move Wood but it won't be easy. A lot hinges on Landeskog I suppose.

Reactions: some

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad