Confirmed Signing with Link: Nichushkin signs with CSKA(KHL) for 2 years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Well, Nichushkin probably thinks Russia is better (for him at least) than America. I guess that would make him a patriot as well, you've got to respect his choice. There's no place like home, am I right?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Well, Nichushkin probably thinks Russia is better (for him at least) than America. I guess that would make him a patriot as well, you've got to respect his choice. There's no place like home, am I right?

That comment was so tongue in cheek it should have been obvious. He even said it was a quote from a famous TV show.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
He reportedly wanted more than Nill was offering and wasn't willing to except a one year deal to prove he was worth more. As easy as it is to call him a "baby" or call him out for not earning a paycheck, he's an athlete who's going home for what's likely millions more than he would have gotten in Dallas it's hard to say he's a horrible person in that regard.

Can you verify, or is this a, "I been hearing things", type report?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Xenophobe, racism? LOL WTF you guys talking about.

The situation today has nothing to do with Russia or America. Nowadays Russian players don't go to NA for 'a better life', nor do they leave because 'North America sucks'.......everything is hockey related.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Can you verify, or is this a, "I been hearing things", type report?

That person is wrong. He didn't want more money than Nill was offering. He wanted more ice time than Ruff was offering. Ruff's comments after Val's KHL signing made that very clear (even I'd you ignore Val's own comments from the spring)

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I thought he was a good young player, I don't like it when these guys leave for Russia, NHL should have all the best players in the world in the league.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
For a guy who yipped so much about how much better he was then North American players I find it intriguing that he couldn't handle it in this free society. Mind you I have been advised that there is no freedom of expression here so maybe he went home for that reason.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Lol...there are now more than 7 billion people on this planet and 6.7 billion of them don't live in America. Hockey players can earn a good living playing in Europe now...some have even gone to China and Japan...Patriotism shouldn't be about comparing yourself to others...because if that's the case there's a lot of nations out there now that are safer; have better health care and education; and better economies without a massive wealth gap..look in the mirror my friend.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Lol...there are now more than 7 billion people on this planet and 6.7 billion of them don't live in America. Hockey players can earn a good living playing in Europe now...some have even gone to China and Japan...Patriotism shouldn't be about comparing yourself to others...because if that's the case there's a lot of nations out there now that are safer; have better health care and education; and better economies without a massive wealth gap..look in the mirror my friend.

Enter Donald trump... make America great again

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013

Oh my god it's from Eastbound & Down.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I wouldn't expect Kenny Powers to know much about life in Scandinavia.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Nichushkin is overrated, he is got one move pivoting towards goal, everyone knows it, he tried to pull it off today for cska in a loosing SO effort in Helsinki (yes - no success in the KHL with that move either). He had that move playing for U17 in the challenge cup in canada for team Russia, it's 5 years later and he has the same 1 move. He could be a decent 3rd liner for CSKA, I hope. His early success was attributed to his size advantage over the peers and he never build up on that advantage.
Yep, he went to the NHL too early.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yep, he went to the NHL too early.

Looking back it would've been smarter to have him play out his KHL contract since AHL wasn't an option . Of course back than the Stars desperately needed forwards ( just look at the 13/14 Stars roster and what we played at times ) and i'm pretty sure Nichuskin wanted to come over pretty badly as well . If he hadn't lost that the full season due to injury things might have been different as well . The competition on the Stars got alot stiffer while he was out .

When he came back the Stars had like 5-6 players that could play Top 6 in his place when he wasn't performing.

Bluesman

Aug 3, 2005

You can rationalize delusion in whatever way it makes you feel better.

Nuke was in a situation that wasn't moving himself forward and took advantage of an opportunity that he feels will do so. Maybe if America was the best country (instead of one with the some of the most subservient citizens) there would be more understanding as to what he was trying to do...

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
You can rationalize delusion in whatever way it makes you feel better.

Nuke was in a situation that wasn't moving himself forward and took advantage of an opportunity that he feels will do so. Maybe if America was the best country (instead of one with the some of the most subservient citizens) there would be more understanding as to what he was trying to do...

Good lord people.

To directly answer your point about Nichushkin, he was not "in a situation" not moving himself forward. He was not moving himself forward, period. Nothing else needs to be said. Stars fans feel he had/continues to have value to the organization. We also almost to a person, feel like our chances of making the playoffs or making some serious distance in them has taken little to no hit with the news that Nichushkin has gone back to Russia. Replacing him with Hudler is nearly inarguably a net gain for Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad