Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Don't make me go through the 85 pages here and find you the 50 or so quotes saying they wished for that or expected him to do it.
Okay, badass.

Many wished he would never come back. There’s a big difference between wishing it and expecting it to happen.

People wished for him never to return because he’s screwed us in back-to-back playoffs and is likely to do it again.

I really don’t think anybody expected him to just walk away from over $30m remaining on his contract. The Avs would have to find a way to terminate the contract. Nuke was never going to just give up that kind of money.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Okay, badass.

Many wished he would never come back. There’s a big difference between wishing it and expecting it to happen.

People wished for him never to return because he’s screwed us in back-to-back playoffs and is likely to do it again.

I really don’t think anybody expected him to just walk away from over $30m remaining on his contract. The Avs would have to find a way to terminate the contract. Nuke was never going to just give up that kind of money.
Reminds me of some casual Montreal fans on the radio here who were upset that "greedy" Carey Price wouldn't retire instead of going on LTIR if he wasn't planning to play again. He was owed like 50M on a guaranteed contract, he wasn't going to just walk away. :laugh:

We heard similar things here with Landy, too.

Arch angel

Nov 24, 2023
Montana
Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Lehkonen - Mittelstadt - Nichushkin
Kovalenko - Colton - O’Connor
Wood - Kelly - Kiviranta

A month away from this… let’s just hope we can stay somewhat competitive until then.
If we get super lucky and everyone comes back and stays healthy - where does Landeskog fit in here? Like, anywhere he wants, or do you start slow with PP time ? Honestly is unclear to me if we somehow get all these dudes back. Nuke did have the ability to steal games when he kept his ... nose clean.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
If we get super lucky and everyone comes back and stays healthy - where does Landeskog fit in here? Like, anywhere he wants, or do you start slow with PP time ? Honestly is unclear to me if we somehow get all these dudes back. Nuke did have the ability to steal games when he kept his ... nose clean.

In the odd event this team is ever 100% healthy (I might hit the lottery before that happens), I’d start Lando out slow on the 3rd line and you can move someone up if he needs less minutes at some point.

Drouin - Mack - Mikko
Lehk - Mitts - Nuke
Lando - Colton - LOC
Wood - Kelly/Ivan - Kovy
Kivi

You should be able to roll 4 lines, then Kovy or Wood can move up a spot if needed.

PP1:

Mack - Mikko - Lando - Mitts - Cale
Colton - Lehk - Nuke - Drouin - Malinski

Reactions: Arch angel

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Kelly sticks out like a pile of shit.
Not sure what people were expecting. For me it was 4th line LW but the Avs - as they always seem to do - seem to want to convert LWs to C.

Considering they've asked him to even play one line up at #3C I personally don't have a problem with how Kelly has played. I was expecting him to be a 4th line role player and they've been asking much more of him.

To me, it's still light years better than anything kiviranta has done in a Avs uniform. Talk about a frikkin' guy skating around and taking up space.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I thought Kivi was really good in the playoffs.
On a more serious note I thought he had a season as a more regular nhler with more minutes and he didn't look as good in the playoffs that season?

Maybe it's one of those things where he has so much more gas since he hasn't been ground down by the regular season.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So Nuke will miss 11 or 12 more games. If he can already play on the 13th, we have a game that day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad