Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Nuke is 100% that friend with the razor blade hidden in their phone case.
If he was as tough as a wrestler (and we didn't have 4K slow mo instant replay) he'd keep them in his gloves and use them to draw four minute penalties out of thin air.

He gets his own goal song when he scores...

One of the greatest dirty groove songs to play. Ranks right up there with La Grange.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Or just a poor connoisseur. A Dave and Busters card, or a Men's Wear house points card work just fine. Just use the concrete outside to file them down a bit.

This post says "I live in Detroit" more than my knowledge of the Deadthings farm system ever could.
Or have a high enough credit score to get one of the metal cards and grind in a nice knife point to the edge... not that I'd know or anything.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
What exactly was Val busted for? Just coke? He just needs to be better at not getting caught then because I’m pretty sure 90% of the league does it.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
He gets his own goal song when he scores...

To tell you the truth sometimes I have this feeling that Nuke might be sniffing coke wright before the puck drop in the locker room restroom. Maybe that is why he seems like a superman on skates out there on the ice. I also noticed that Nuke laughs at his own goals after he scores at times.

• Haha

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
What exactly was Val busted for? Just coke? He just needs to be better at not getting caught then because I’m pretty sure 90% of the league does it.
I think the only reason he was being tested was because he agreed to enter into the player assistance program after what happened in Seattle, and as a condition he had to consent to drug testing. Otherwise I don't think guys get tested for cocaine.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

How can he better at not getting caught?

Coke barely lasts in your system, but he's an addict and almost a daily abuser, so he's bound to get caught.

How do you tell an out of control addict to just "be better at not getting caught?" This is a guy who in back to back playoff runs disappears with drunken/drugged hookers running around the hotel and failing blood and piss tests.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Val is our next captain!

Which KHL team do you root for?

Coke barely lasts in your system, but he's an addict and almost a daily abuser, so he's bound to get caught.

How do you tell an out of control addict to just "be better at not getting caught?" This is a guy who in back to back playoff runs disappears with drunken/drugged hookers running around the hotel and failing blood and piss tests.

How well he disappeared last time without incident proves the organization is better at not getting caught?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It is honestly disturbing that a dude can get pinched for coke this many times. He clearly failed 2 drugs tests within 5 months... on a drug that exits your system within 48 hours. It is baffling stuff, and probably speaks to his addiction more than anything else.

I think the only reason he was being tested was because he agreed to enter into the player assistance program after what happened in Seattle, and as a condition he had to consent to drug testing. Otherwise I don't think guys get tested for cocaine.

Agreed should be in quotes. He was all but forced in. I don't think the PAP gets any extra drug tests once they are on an active roster again (even questionable if they have any extra in the program), but simply what comes back has different impacts. Players all get tested for various drugs including cocaine, but unless they are in the program, there is not any punishment. Just a simple notice, and IIRC, anonymized. So teams know who much special K and coke are being used, but no players are punished for drug usage unless they are a part of the PAP.

Generally, teams are tested as follows. Once in training camp on a random, no notice day. Once during the season on a random no notice day. If they reach the playoffs, once during the playoffs on a random, no notice day (not all teams end up tested in the playoffs due to eliminations). Then players can also have random tests during the season. There are rules of players being tested too much IE can't test 20 times or anything, but I don't recall the exact number. These 'random' tests are required to have a 48 hour notice prior to testing (wonder why that rule is in place?). Any player can be selected in those random test. In the summer the league can only test a certain amount of times randomly. I think it is 60 in total for the whole league (might be slightly off on the number). Those also have to have a 48 hour notice.

It is honestly even more baffling given how tests are administered in the NHL. He likely failed 2/3 of the no notice tests last year... or he was stupid enough to fail a 48 hour notice test.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It is honestly disturbing that a dude can get pinched for coke this many times. He clearly failed 2 drugs tests within 5 months... on a drug that exits your system within 48 hours. It is baffling stuff, and probably speaks to his addiction more than anything else.

Agreed should be in quotes. He was all but forced in. I don't think the PAP gets any extra drug tests once they are on an active roster again (even questionable if they have any extra in the program), but simply what comes back has different impacts. Players all get tested for various drugs including cocaine, but unless they are in the program, there is not any punishment. Just a simple notice, and IIRC, anonymized. So teams know who much special K and coke are being used, but no players are punished for drug usage unless they are a part of the PAP.

Generally, teams are tested as follows. Once in training camp on a random, no notice day. Once during the season on a random no notice day. If they reach the playoffs, once during the playoffs on a random, no notice day (not all teams end up tested in the playoffs due to eliminations). Then players can also have random tests during the season. There are rules of players being tested too much IE can't test 20 times or anything, but I don't recall the exact number. These 'random' tests are required to have a 48 hour notice prior to testing (wonder why that rule is in place?). Any player can be selected in those random test. In the summer the league can only test a certain amount of times randomly. I think it is 60 in total for the whole league (might be slightly off on the number). Those also have to have a 48 hour notice.

It is honestly even more baffling given how tests are administered in the NHL. He likely failed 2/3 of the no notice tests last year... or he was stupid enough to fail a 48 hour notice test.

That definitely highlights how bad it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad