Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
No, if that was the case what the team and teammates said after he got caught would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. It's cocaine.
Based on what? Like I said, someone here who I think had some connections said it was oxycodone.

Reactions: Alienblood

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Based on what? Like I said, someone here who I think had some connections said it was oxycodone.
That's not a PED, that's an opioid.

JJ said that Nuke made a choice (that rules out oxycodone), Mack and CMac said he had to take care of himself and it was more important than the game (that rules out PED's).

Plus if it was painkiller addiction or PEDs they'd say it publicly...it looks much better than letting people speculate about illegal drugs.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That's not a PED, that's an opioid.
Yes, I know that
JJ said that Nuke made a choice (that rules out oxycodone)
How? People use painkillers to get f***ed up just like they use alcohol, amphetamines and whatnot. Ketamine is a very common anesthesia drug, that is also becoming one of the most popular party drugs out there. Using oxycodone doesn't necessarely mean you are just taking pills like you and I take Aspirin. Oxy can also be used IV, or by snorting it up your nose. Combine that with alcohol...
Plus if it was painkiller addiction or PEDs they'd say it publicly...it looks much better than letting people speculate about illegal drugs.
Not all painkillers are legal, especially without prescription. I would imagine that in his case using oxy is definitely the illegal variety. He doesn't have a prescription, and is getting it from someone else. Superstar athletes find a way.

Doesn't really matter in the end which one it is (or if it's something else entirely). What is clear, that it is drug abuse of some kind.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Avs should be absolutely furious, which I assume they already were even as they try to play it off differently publicly. Every time he or anyone around him opens their mouth it just becomes more and more clear that he needs to go.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Avs should be absolutely furious, which I assume they already were even as they try to play it off differently publicly. Every time he or anyone around him opens their mouth it just becomes more and more clear that he needs to go.
Go where? Where is Nuke going to go? To Dallas or Las Vegas? He is under contract with Colorado Avalanche. He can't just leave...just like that.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
This should be a model for substance addiction issues.
flimsy excuses
lots of questions
blame assignment
assertions based on vagaries
lack of accountability
judgements from outsiders

This is going to be a major headache for the players and organization likely for the remainder of 2024

Reactions: katfude

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If he's able to be traded, the Avs should be willing to accept a 7th round pick in 2058 and then the draft becomes only 4 rounds so the Avs inevitably forfeit the pick.

F*** Val Nichushkin.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
You cannot get out of the contract without a lot of pain and the Avs still need his play style in the lineup. From the outside, there will be locker room issues due to him but there is little choice they will have barring a major event.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I really can’t stand this f***ing guy right now.

He’s painting the organization in a bad light by leaving out half the details of his “story”. They tried to protect him and he’s throwing it in their face. He really doesn’t take responsibility for his actions either.

Please trade him. He’s not fit to don the burgundy and blue.

Reactions: Murzu

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Nuke posts pictures in Italy.

Avs: “We think he’s in Russia, uh, rehabbing.”

Nuke gives awful interview full of complete lies.

Avs: “No comment.”

This relationship is a f***ing mess. He will never wear an Avs jersey again. The organization will pull out every stop to ensure that he’s done as an Av.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

This relationship is a f***ing mess. He will never wear an Avs jersey again. The organization will pull out every stop to ensure that he’s done as an Av.
Imagine shitting all over the organization that saved your NHL career and was patient with you as you didn't put up any points for half the season after not scoring for an entire season in Dallas, then helped turn you into the two way monster you are today and rewarded you with a long term big money contract.

The Avs aren't innocent in this (keeping potential injuries quiet, trying to make Seattle go away) but f*** me this guy is brain dead. F*** Val Nichushkin.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Idgaf about lawyer. Just trade his ass. Let him be some other team's problem.

The interview is out and for everyone to read. If the AVS know that what he says is bullshit, they have proof and a legal ground to go for termination.

No trade to lose, cap fully gone.

And after this interview, i fully believe they are exploring to got that route. Just take advantage of this dumbass of a player, still high on something.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The interview is out and for everyone to read. If the AVS know that what he says is bullshit, they have proof and a legal ground to go for termination.

No trade to lose, cap fully gone.

And after this interview, i fully believe they are exploring to got that route. Just take advantage of this dumbass of a player, still high on something.
Is lying grounds for terminating a contract?

I mean, it's pretty obvious he also lied about why he went into the program during the middle of the season with all the talk about sleep issues.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Imagine shitting all over the organization that saved your NHL career and was patient with you as you didn't put up any points for half the season after not scoring for an entire season in Dallas, then helped turn you into the two way monster you are today and rewarded you with a long term big money contract.
That's all well and good, but now imagine how awesome it would be to get, like, really, really high

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

OK, I'll bite:

What does "pull out every stop" mean?

It seems to me that short of paying him out the ass and taking the cap hit (which they really can't afford to do), they don't have a lot of options here. He's in the program, and hence, the Avs hands are tied a bit here, no?

P.S. I do find it mildly funny that the one 100% believable part of that interview (the Avs telling him not to comment), he is totally ignoring by doing the interview. Irony is enjoyable sometimes.

Last edited:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

The Avs aren't innocent in this (keeping potential injuries quiet, trying to make Seattle go away) but f*** me this guy is brain dead. F*** Val Nichushkin.

No, they are absolutely not.

The Avs ridiculous refusal to address the 2,573,927,293 pound elephant in the room was beyond absurd. It seemed like more than their usual silly code of silence.

Which is why I'm actually somewhat pleased that Nichushkin talked about it. I have my doubts about the veracity of his story, but I'm not unhappy that he discussed it.

We'll see if the team addresses it.

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad