Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Makes me a little sad - this is the league we follow passionately and this is how they run things. The reality seems to be that the league doesn't want any trouble. Close your eyes and everything is fine.
If you have a problem ignore it. It will go away.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If you have a problem ignore it. It will go away.
1719973032601.png

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
You'd be a fool to believe that:

1) Nuke thinks he has a problem
and
2) Nuke is going to fix an issue that he doesn't even believe he has

He never asked for help, he was forced into the program because the team needed to save face. He's only the victim of being tested by the PAP. To him it's just bad luck.
Its possible that he knows he has a problem and does not give a shit. IDK if he saves his money or not...I mean probably not, but if he has a fair amount stacked he might just not care.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
what sucks is that he can probably go the KHL and make good money there as well so the threat of losing his salary probably isn’t that huge of a deal for him since he clearly doesn’t give a f***

Reactions: Frenchy

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I don’t think he gives a damn about anyone but himself. I’ve yet to see anything to suggest otherwise.

We should stop putting him in projected lineups tbh.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Quite frankly the difference between Val and a number of other guys is simply that the other guys didn't get caught.

Once you go through what Val did, there becomes a much closer eye on you. Obviously Val can't stay clean enough to keep out of trouble while more eyes are on him. Or he simply doesn't care, which quite frankly his summer behavior suggests may be the case.

It really would not surprise me if he doesn't come back in November, gives us a few really good months again, only to be suspended for a year come March or April month again. Only this time I'm not sure the league would allow him back.

In fact, this is the most likely scenario to me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It really would not surprise me if he doesn't come back in November, gives us a few really good months again, only to be suspended for a year come March or April month again. Only this time I'm not sure the league would allow him back.

My expectation is if Nuke comes back, he'll be fantastic through the deadline. A week or two after, he get pinched and suspended for a whole year. Taking him out of the playoffs for a third year in a row, and then keeping the limbo going for 25-26.

Reactions: The Moops

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Quite frankly the difference between Val and a number of other guys is simply that the other guys didn't get caught.

Once you go through what Val did, there becomes a much closer eye on you. Obviously Val can't stay clean enough to keep out of trouble while more eyes are on him. Or he simply doesn't care, which quite frankly his summer behavior suggests may be the case.

I guarantee a lot of nhlers are using PEDs but don't get caught. Nuke doing what he did while using performance lowering substances would be even more of a monster if he adopts the MacK diet and lifestyle.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I guarantee a lot of nhlers are using PEDs but don't get caught. Nuke doing what he did while using performance lowering substances would be even more of a monster if he adopts the MacK diet and lifestyle.
Cocaine is WIDELY considered a PED amongst sporting authorities. The only reason it isn't by the NHL is the NHLPA specifically negotiated it out of the banned PED list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad