Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Nah, I think he’s gonna behave himself this time
I don't know man. Given what I heard in interviews when he came back to the team, he hasn't really taken any of this seriously so far. Once I decided to quit smoking, it wasn't that easy. Took me several stops and starts and then a couple of years of just slowly smoking less a day until I was down to a cig a day and from that point, I was able to quit. a

Even if he does decide to get serious this time, I can't imagine it being any easier for him to quit doing blow than it was for me to quit smoking cigarettes. Speaking of which...I hope Mikko gets serious about kicking the smokes.

Reactions: the_fan

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
CMacs response on Val today really makes it sound to me like they're just waiting for him to f*** up bad enough that he's kicked from the league or easily terminated. He might come back in November, but I dunno if they expect him to be back long before he's suspended again and with everything else he's done, I feel like one more suspension and he just won't be allowed back in the league.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Guys (and gals), I know for a fact that CMac/Sakic/Kroenke/Kroenke lawyers/Bernie, - everybody - has explored every angle and asked for permission from everybody to try and terminate Nuke's contract. They've gone to the NHL, Bettman, NHLPA, Nuke's lawyers, league lawyers, damn near anybody and everybody with any say in this thing and they've been told "no" - across the board.

As tough as it is to hear, our best bet is for Nuke to come back clean and sober . . . . and this time he really means it.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
CMacs response on Val today really makes it sound to me like they're just waiting for him to f*** up bad enough that he's kicked from the league or easily terminated. He might come back in November, but I dunno if they expect him to be back long before he's suspended again and with everything else he's done, I feel like one more suspension and he just won't be allowed back in the league.
It sounds like, as said above, there isn't much else they can do. And I think you and I already discussed this a couple of months ago, but since it seems Nuke isn't taking any of this seriously then the odds are high he'll violate a 4th time and get suspended for a year. That might be the best bet to get rid of this idiot at this point, barring him actually growing up, honoring his contract, and getting clean -- or at least saving the degeneracy until after the f***ing season. It's unbelievable this guy can do whatever he wants in Russia out of the reach of the NHL all offseason but can't -- in back to back seasons -- for just a few weeks once the playoffs hit. The cap spot the Avs are in is making me disgusted with this guy all over again. I generally support workers' rights -- but I don't think millionaires f***ing up in professional sports deserve the level of contractual guarantee that Nuke gets. Would love if the next CBA changed this.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just want to know what the odds are for the NHL team beating the KHL team in the charity game in Moscow? Can I bet on this? I have a feeling I know who's gonna win.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Nuke is not only gonna come back clean and sober, he’s gonna win the Conn Smythe when we win the cup.
Are The Fan and Sea Eagles the same person?

Anyone who has actually had to go through the pain of a loved one who is an addict knows the two truths:

- Every person on the planet has zero power, except the addict himself.

- For the addict, the addiction takes 100% precedence over every single other thing on earth: family, friends, career, children, money, health, and yes, hockey.

It’s a very long hard road. Very few addicts successfully navigate it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Are The Fan and Sea Eagles the same person?

Anyone who has actually had to go through the pain of a loved one who is an addict knows the two truths:

- Every person on the planet has zero power, except the addict himself.

- For the addict, the addiction takes 100% precedence over every single other thing on earth: family, friends, career, children, money, health, and yes, hockey.

It’s a very long hard road. Very few addicts successfully navigate it.
I think the stat is 85% of people with addiction relapse and they relapse on average 2/3 times I think? It’s a horrible disease.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
I think the stat is 85% of people with addiction relapse and they relapse on average 2/3 times I think? It’s a horrible disease.
It all depends what his habit is. Do we even know what his vice is?

I’ve lost 2 friends from drinking to death in their late 20s and another killed himself because he could never stop for long and relapse. When his dog died he was done with it all.

Lost 3 others to drugs but I know a handful of others who got clean because they wanted to and had the will power to do so. You need both those things.

I was always a weekend warrior and never got addicted to anything luckily.

No idea what nukes daily deal is but he seems to be in the trajectory of his last chance and he needs to make a decision on who he wants to be.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Getting clean can give you perspective. Getting clean for a good period of time (several weeks) is the number one thing that Nuke needs. Look if he gets clean but still wants to go back to using so be it, but that at least gives him a fighting chance

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Rehabbing at birthday parties dressed as…?

IMG_1194.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad