Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Less than 24 hours after all this blows up someone posted that they've already removed his nameplates from both Ball Arena and Family Sports Center. That doesn't sound like the sort of thing you'd do that quickly if you thought he was coming back. Nuke is more than likely dunzo as an Av.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I doubt he ever stopped even after rehab, most don't. Which is unfortunate but true. I've seen it personally within my friend and family circle to many times to count. As soon as they have to rely on themselves again it's pretty much a 60-75% failure rate. I'd imagine it's even harder as an athlete given the demand of time to stay sharp and on point as an athlete. There is a reason while people are really excited to leave post op treatment for really anything not much progress is made. Even when it's physical injuries. People get excited to get home and the recovery facilities really try to push you out as fast as possible too. It's a lose lose for any patient in recovery.

Less than 24 hours after all this blows up someone posted that they've already removed his nameplates from both Ball Arena and Family Sports Center. That doesn't sound like the sort of thing you'd do that quickly if you thought he was coming back. Nuke is more than likely dunzo as an Av.
Yup. Bury the evidence and stay silent on it. Sounds like the Avalanche lol. I'm sure this will all get out at some point.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Yup. Bury the evidence and stay silent on it. Sounds like the Avalanche lol. I'm sure this will all get out at some point.
? I mean it's already out publicly, everyone knows. I don't think that's what this is, because no one has access to those locker rooms outside of the organization anyway.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
A Denver Post writer Corey Masisak said that the nameplates were already removed yesterday after the game, at least for Ball Arena locker room:

Also, the tone of Jack Johnson very much different from a year ago:

Reactions: Avsfan1921

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
? I mean it's already out publicly, everyone knows. I don't think that's what this is, because no one has access to those locker rooms outside of the organization anyway.
I think at some point we'll see more get out in the world around what happened in Seattle and more specifically the bigger problem with Nuke in general. The world is getting more transparent. I respect privacy but that's how it goes.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I have a long and sordid family history of addiction in my family, it ultimately killed my great grandfather (and indirectly played a part in my great grandmother's death), nearly killed my grandfather, and also led to another family member's death less than ten years ago. Luckily my father, who said he came damn close, avoided the descent into alcoholism that claimed his father, mother, and grandfather, and my grandmother sobered up after my grandfather died and lived her remaining years happy and healthy. I know for sure I have the gene for it in me, and it scares me to no end that my two daughters likely have it as well. It got me into trouble in my early twenties but that little brush with the law scared me mostly straight since. I actually learned a lot in those court-ordered classes.

Anyway, I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in addiction, I just know it's a very slippery slope and once it grabs a hold, it's so very hard to wriggle free of it, and VERY hard to stay free once you do. I'm sad that Nichushkin was unable to avoid it and now must pay the price (along with the rest of the Avalanche) but I also don't believe that this frees one from all accountability. I'm not gonna lie, I'm empathetic and feel conflicted, but I'm also just flat-out pissed. Two years in a f***ing row he's pulled this shit. And at the worst possible time.

I hope for his own sake that he stays free from whatever this is, gets the help he needs, and lives as healthy and long a life as he can, with or without hockey. That said...I hope he continues his career elsewhere. I'm done. I'm guessing the Avs are as well, though it won't be easy come November when it's time to make some hard choices.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't believe the personal attacks are warranted. Yes he let the team down, we need to get rid of his contract, team sucked last night looked demoralized. However, for his sake, I hope he gets the help he needs. I'm actually starting to think it was PED's.
It was coke. Coke is considered a ped in most leagues.

Reactions: AnimalMother73

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Jack is probably pissed because he knows this is Parise's last chance at a cup, and Parise is his best friend.
He should tell Parise to step it the f*** up. He's been useless 97% of the time he's on the ice. A friend of mine knows Parise from No Dak and is his biggest fan and is at a loss for what he's seen with him on the Avs. He kept hyping him as a big game PO guy. He looks as more more washed then Cogs. At least Cogs still has wheels sometimes.

Reactions: Alienblood

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
He should tell Parise to step it the f*** up. He's been useless 97% of the time he's on the ice. A friend of mine knows Parise from No Dak and is his biggest fan and is at a loss for what he's seen with him on the Avs. He kept hyping him as a big game PO guy. He looks as more more washed then Cogs. At least Cogs still has wheels sometimes.
Only goal we scored last night was because of a Parise forecheck

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Parise is 39 and works his ass off every shift.

He obviously has no ability to play the top six role he is being asked to play - he wasn't even doing that for the Islanders.

The rest of the team could learn how to work from Parise.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
When JJ says that Nuke made his decisions...it didn't sound like he's talking about someone suffering from crippling addiction.

More like he knows Nuke was partying with coke and hookers during the playoffs again and got tested. That's a decision.

Parise is 39 and works his ass off every shift.

He obviously has no ability to play the top six role he is being asked to play - he wasn't even doing that for the Islanders.

The rest of the team could learn how to work from Parise.
He joined a broken family and it's not just Nuke.

IMO we'll learn a few stories about this year's locker room in the near future.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Nichushkin will be coming back weather we like it or not. Hopefully by 11/13.2024. Nuke probably just had a couple of beers when he woke up and probably thought that they were 0% alcohol beers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad