Confirmed with Link: Nichushkin back in assistance program; suspended a minimum of six months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
This bitch is going to find his way back onto the roster again and it's going to really piss me the f*** off. I'm still very upset at this whole BS situation.

There is your answer.

Look, all i want at this point is to get this idiot and his cap off the team. I take the 7th rounder as long as the cap and player is gone.

After that, he can be the headache for another team.

And no, whatever MacFarland is talking, that guy is done. There is no more "trust rebuild" with his teammates.
My first hope is that this player is gone to start next season, I just want what will be best for the organization. On a personal level I don’t want Nuke back solely because he can’t be trusted, and his teammates likely hold a very understandable grudge.

I want him to get better on a personal level but as a fan of the Avs I want a player who contributes positively when compared to his cap hit and can be trusted. In saying that, if he finds his way back onto the roster I will cheer for him as much as I ever have because that is where we will be at with this player, ride or die.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Just FYI as someone who works in healthcare, HIPAA is not the magical, impenetrable shield people are led to think it is. And that applies to both patient and provider alike.
Well if that's the case, what does the I in HIPPA stand for if not "impenetrable"?

Check. Mate.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRox89

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
Maybe it helps keep him away from Coke and hookers? His trade value can't tank anymore and it looks like we can't terminate the contract, so hopefully this is a step in the right direction. At the very least it might make him less unappealing for a trade
Playing in a league with celebrities should definitely keep him sober and level headed. Some of the most moral people that have walked the earth.

Reactions: Leafshater67

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
We might have caught a break, the Avs might be able to get out of that contract
I mean it's pretty obvious that if Nuke is going over there, he has negotiated/organized things with the NHLPA program to allow him to go. I doubt he's under 24/7 surveillance.
Nichushkin's ability to play in other leagues is restricted by his NHL contract, which is the main issue with this decision.
This is just absolutely bullshit, total misinformation in that article. In no way does his SPC restrict his ability to sign in a summer-league for celebrities.
Players have been playing in recreational summer leagues for ages.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We might have caught a break, the Avs might be able to get out of that contract
Players are allowed to play in summer leagues.

Nuke isn't walking away from 30M on a guaranteed contract, we have to accept that. If we manage to terminate it it's going to be expensive in $$ and cap hit.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We have to accept that Nuke is gonna be back and we just have to cross fingers he doesn’t f*** up again

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I mean it's pretty obvious that if Nuke is going over there, he has negotiated/organized things with the NHLPA program to allow him to go. I doubt he's under 24/7 surveillance.

This is just absolutely bullshit, total misinformation in that article. In no way does his SPC restrict his ability to sign in a summer-league for celebrities.
Players have been playing in recreational summer leagues for ages.
Stop it.

He has clearly contravened his NHL contract. Get rid of him now, no questions asked.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Lol. He is not coming back.
We can go back and forth about this all offseason and it won’t get us anywhere. It’s all speculation at this point, but I’m just thinking Val will be back based on CMac comment saying there is a good chance of him being back. If he doesn’t screw up in the PAP(which I really don’t know what it is) I’m thinking he’s back

Aves Fren

Dec 20, 2005

So. Val enjoys summer playing hockey in Russia. Please find a way to terminate this guys contract. Never to be trusted again.
Good move. Nuke opts to stay in game shape over the summer while the rest of the team is out golfin' and smokin' cigs.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
What was he supposed to say in his presser?

Like "yeah, we are going to do everything to get this player off our team"...??

Of course he is polite because he cant do shit for 6 month thanks to this bullshit.

I am, personally, pretty sure all of his other players are done with that particular player. Especially the supposed leaders. And the management too. They just play it save to not give the NHLPA or the player any ammunition for upcoming things.

If CMac really thinks he can get this player back into the locker after he f***ed up his teammates at the worst possible times, 2 times in a row, he is an idiot. Sorry for the harsh words, but it is what it is.

He should be lucky to be on this team after the Seattle-incident and thank everyone for another chance. Instead he f***s his teammates again.

And there are still some people in here who want to give this player another chance.....? :huh:

Hand up, guilty as charged officer. I'll always be willing to give a guy another go if he's putting in the effort and trying. The world has a distinct lack of empathy today.

Yes, it probably didn't help our cause in the two playoff runs, but there's life, and there's sports. I know which one is more important. And everyone, no matter the chances (there are some obvious times this isn't appropriate btw), should be a candidate for redemption.

Also, I think you under estimate the brotherhood in that lockeroom . I think many do. These guys are family.

Reactions: avsfan09

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Hand up, guilty as charged officer. I'll always be willing to give a guy another go if he's putting in the effort and trying. The world has a distinct lack of empathy today.

Yes, it probably didn't help our cause in the two playoff runs, but there's life, and there's sports. I know which one is more important. And everyone, no matter the chances (there are some obvious times this isn't appropriate btw), should be a candidate for redemption.

Also, I think you under estimate the brotherhood in that lockeroom . I think many do. These guys are family.

I agree on the part that the get Nuke all the help he wants and needs if he has any intention of getting out of his addiction.

However, do that outside of the Colorado Avalanche hockey club. Enough is enough. Him having trouble (or fun) in his life is messing up a huge business and the team dynamics at the same time.

Reactions: Bender

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Meh, I've calmed down over Nuke. Not sure if the players will feel the same way with time or not. I suppose it all has to do with Nuke and how serious he is moving forward. If he shows up clean, with a good attitude, I mean, chances are the Avs are going to play him. However, if he shows up with a bad attitude or dismissive of the situation he's placed himself in, then I can see it turning ugly.

I doubt we'll find a taker for Nuke because of the term. However, if teams knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they could terminate him for his next positive piss test, then I imagine a bunch of folks would be more willing to listen.

It's really funny how the Avs absolutely preach character. Yet, we are finding out that Joe and Chris both new about Nuke's problem and still handed him an 8 year deal that includes 3 years of full NMC followed by 5 years of a modified NTC. Val didn't even give them a reacharound hometown discount.

Reactions: avsfan09

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Initially I said I don’t think Avs can trade Val because teams wouldn’t want to take the risk, but then I remembered that some GMs are willing to take risks getting troubled players as long as they’re good players.

Boston was willing to take a chance with Mitchell Miller

Oilers getting E. Kane and Perry

Canes with DeAngelo

Just few examples. There will be a team that will absolutely take a chance trading for Val if Avs were shopping him

Last edited:

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
and you were right

If Nuke had one or two years left, maybe.

6 years though, no GM is touching that. Once you trade for him you're on the hook for nearly 37M.
6 years doesn’t matter though, because if Val f***s up one or two more times, they can just terminate the contract. They’re taking a high risk, high reward approach. Who ever trades for Val knows that there is a chance he will stay clean for the contract length and they’ll get an awesome player, or terminate the contract after one more screw up.

Avs may not be able to get a ton in return, but it’s better than get termination penalties and stuff if they don’t want him back by trading him for something. I mean just for an example, if Avs don’t want Val back, getting just a 2nd round pick by trading him is better than terminating the contract and getting cap penalty

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
if Nuke is back, I suggest they rebrand from Colorado Avalanche to Colorado Clowns. they already have a third jersey with a big C, so could even save some money there, no need to change the uniform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad