Post-Game Talk: Nice Goal, Riley

3 Stars

• Total voters

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Yup, Laf could have had 2 or 3 points last night. He's definitely picked up where he left off. Excited to see how many points he gets this season. Would be even more excited if was on PP1.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Man it would be nice if we got this Panarin in the playoffs. Unfortunately he can't mimic the intensity of a Monday night in October I guess.

Everything pretty good so far. Clearly they arent having trouble generating offense. i thought they looked better 5v5 than on the PP tbh (but i was flipping back and forth). Probably the worst 3 point game of Mika's career. The turnover/penalty combo (soft call admittedly) was classic bonehead Zibanejad. Reminded me of his pass to Wheelchair in the ECF.

Oh yeah and Mancini looks like a more mobile Michael Sauer. It's a joke if he is benched for Lindgren, but I think Zac Jones is in more danger in that regard.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Man it would be nice if we got this Panarin in the playoffs. Unfortunately he can't mimic the intensity of a Monday night in October I guess.

Everything pretty good so far. Clearly they arent having trouble generating offense. i thought they looked better 5v5 than on the PP tbh (but i was flipping back and forth). Probably the worst 3 point game of Mika's career. The turnover/penalty combo (soft call admittedly) was classic bonehead Zibanejad. Reminded me of his pass to Wheelchair in the ECF.

Oh yeah and Mancini looks like a more mobile Michael Sauer. It's a joke if he is benched for Lindgren, but I think Zac Jones is in more danger in that regard.
We're all in danger when Lindgren comes back.

• Haha
Reactions: Kupo and McRanger92

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
It doesn't look to me to be a coincidence that with Fox, Miller, Jones, and Mancini that the team is suddenly a little more potent at 5v5. I still like Schneider too, but I don't think Trouba and him are that comfortable together. Though they have played well enough. I just think Lindgren is a downgrade on every one of those guys. Gotta make the hard decision sometimes.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It doesn't look to me to be a coincidence that with Fox, Miller, Jones, and Mancini that the team is suddenly a little more potent at 5v5. I still like Schneider too, but I don't think Trouba and him are that comfortable together. Though they have played well enough. I just think Lindgren is a downgrade on every one of those guys. Gotta make the hard decision sometimes.

Lindgren needs to be traded. Throw him to some wannabe playoff team for a 2nd to use as ammo at the deadline.

Reactions: MrAlmost

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
This equation where Lindgren is played in the bottom pairing because he sucks, but then is traded for some decent assets at the deadline doesn't really work lol. If you want to trade him for something of value, you need to actually showcase him. Make other teams want him.

Reactions: majordomo

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
This equation where Lindgren is played in the bottom pairing because he sucks, but then is traded for some decent assets at the deadline doesn't really work lol. If you want to trade him for something of value, you need to actually showcase him. Make other teams want him.
make jones wear 55

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
in fairness, Schneider is stuck playing his off side to accommodate Trouba.

Reactions: MrAlmost

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com

The bolded equation does not compute either.

Yes. And an angry react.
Just a thumbs down.
How can we have a thumbs up... but not a down.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I’d rather just play him in the bottom pair. He’d be decent enough I think.

If he comes back and is immediately paired with Fox again I’ll flip a shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad